2003 Speedline Grand Prix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2003 Speedline Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by ice-wolf; 04-15-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

RESULTS:
http://www.4acesracing.com/speedline/index.htm

The wind/dust storm on the 2nd day of qualifying was unfortunate. But even though a buddy lost his best run, it seemed only fair to re-run that round of qualifiers so everyone had to run on the same track conditions. That’s just the way it goes sometimes.

As far as the qual-points issue was concerned, it seems to me they should have checked to make sure that Autoscore could handle it before the race. The qualifier change definitely altered the mains structure so there are some drivers who have the right to be upset.

It’s a tough and thankless job putting on a race… especially when mother nature starts messing with you… your computer won’t behave… and a certain butthead team driver spends quality time screaming in your face… so all things considered the 4-Aces guys did a good job considering what they were up against.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by seamus0g

It’s a tough and thankless job putting on a race… especially when mother nature starts messing with you… your computer won’t behave… and a certain butthead team driver spends quality time screaming in your face… so all things considered the 4-Aces guys did a good job considering what they were up against. [/B]
I think what seamus0g said is the best way of putting things.

Hopefully now we can all try to refrain from using foul language
especially in a forum such as this one where comments,
suggestions, and statements can act as role playing to influence
the younger generation... We all know that things sometimes
do not go as planned which then affects the outcome of an event.
All these should just be forgotten and people should just
move on and just work on racing another day.

Afterall, all these should just be part of the Spirit of having fun..
Old 04-15-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

I'm the guy that was pushing the buttons on the computer for that race. If anyone has any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them or try to.

The race was announced and the computer was setup and tested for 2 rounds of qual points. The decision was made the morning of the driver's meeting to do the 1 round Qual points method that just went into place at the beginning of the year. Actually I think the qualifying method was changed in the middle of the driver's meeting by Mike Queller and for what ever reason, the computer choked doing it this way. When I installed the software on another laptop, it worked fine with data from the race. One of those computer things I guess. I have reinstalled the software on the computer used for the race and everything works fine. /shrug Computers.

My opinions from someone on the inside looking out, and remember that these are my thoughts and they do not reflect those of the 4 Aces Racing club or Speedline, they are mine and mine alone...

Now I tried to stay out of any decision that was made during the event. I had enough on my plate already and did not need anything else to deal with.

Could it have run smoother? Yes
Could we have done a better job? Hell yes
Was it planned out to the best of everyone's ability? I don't believe so
Did we learn a lot? Defianetly
Will the same mistakes happen again? I hope not
Will we do another big race? I wont, not unless a lot of things change inside of our own organization first.

All said and done, most everyone had fun... I sure did not though. If anyone is planning a big event and would like my thoughts on how to make it go smoother, be my guest to E-mail me.

And as mentioned, if you have any questions or concerns about the race, if the question is asked in a respectful way, I will do my best to give back a respectful response. I know the race didn't go as smooth as it could of but remember there are two sides and probably a reason why things went the way they did.

-Jason
JasonJenkins.com
MRX3.com

P.S. For the record, I was against the "No fuel bottles on the track" rule.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

hey Jason - what happened to all the richey mugen drivers in touring? Dennis, Tenn. Brown, Swuager, all of them had DNS for the mains?
Old 04-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Jason,
As far as I am concerned, you guys did the best you could with what you had! A big race is tough when trouble comes into play, mother nature never plays fair anyways!
As far as comments about the race, unless you are there, and dealt with the issues and setbacks, you really have no comment.
Kelsey and I both had our share of trouble, but got it all worked out in the end. We both learned more about our cars, and Kelsey came off the drivers stand with a big SMILE. That is what this is all about, FUN. Remember that.
Smitty
Old 04-17-2003, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Mike S. did not run Sedan. Richey was in the second from last main. Tenn had to work.

Interesting race. Live and learn. The Radio issues was more of a problem then anything else. I saw more problems with People turning on Radio's before the race was over and not using Clips and Just plain stupid stuff. Not the race dir. fault for the people doing this. Just the lack of Controlling that. More rules were broke and no one really got Repremanded. People standing in pit lane not behind the line that was supposed to be there so drivers could see the lane. I saw One guy stand there the Entire A main. Never moved and no one ever said hey. Stand back unless your pitting.

Good job Robbie.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Richey drivers at Speedline

Mike Swauger does not run for Richey Race Engines.
Tennessee had to work.
Tracey Greiger qualified in the D' main with his GS.
Chris Furia was in the C'main.
Brad Toffelmire was in the A'main in sedan and 1/8th scale.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Richey himself

Dennis himself raced for the first time in six months and with a brand new car that had never seen the track as well as trying 5 different motors in 5 different heats. (He was a bit rusty but went like hell down the straight) Ha Ha LOL!
Old 04-17-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

funny, in the outlaw class dennis got passed by everyone in the straight. You must have a different perception. or talking about sedan. I did not watch his sedan race. Just the A's.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Perception

Must be different perception. However I was talking about sedan because his outlaw car wasn't shifting. I don't know much about the A's because I wasn't watching them I was driving in them thats probably where the different perception comes from.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Motor

No one had more motor than Robbie trust me his car was fast!!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default TimMugen

Whats up Tim? Yep Robbie Kicked ASS!
Old 04-17-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

The brother Man kicked a$$
Old 04-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking kick a$$

it must be the shoes!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.