Setup Stations

Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Setup Stations

Ok, I got into this discussion about setup stations the other day. I was told if the camber plates didn't set my car's axle at the same height as where it would be if I had wheels mounted on it, that the adjustments would be off. Now, when I use my Integy setup station it raises the axles height from where the are with 63mm tires by a decent amount, possibly 10mm. My question was, how would this effect the angles? 1 degree of camber is still 1 degree whether the axle was 31.5mm off the ground or a foot, right? I mean the axles are all equally high, and the car sits at rest. Could someone help shed some light, please. Thanks -Ky
Old 05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

You're right, the angles won't change whether the axle is 50mm up or 5000mm up.

Perhaps the point your advisor was trying to make is "set your ride height before doing anything else" - you can apply this to ALL setup work.

If you were crazy enough to put your car on the setup plates first, THEN drop the chassis height down to 5mm, you would get some really messed up settings. Set the ride height with the wheels on first, then put it on the plates.

It's for this reason that I have never seen the point of the setup systems - your car runs around the track on wheels, not perspex blocks...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Yea, I know how to setup a car correctly. It was just that he insisted that was the case, and I thought I was losing my mind, lol. Just another crazy RC theory I guess! Thanks- Ky
Old 05-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ride height can however be effected by the tidal forces of our Planet. Several of my friends carry tidal charts to ensure we know when to check the ride height again during the race day or night.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:59 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Ride height can however be effected by the tidal forces of our Planet. Several of my friends carry tidal charts to ensure we know when to check the ride height again during the race day or night.
Take this advice with a grain of salt, the water in his toilet flushes the wrong direction.

Sup Ky? Is Zane being funny or is DC trying to be smart?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Don't forget the ride height changes due to fat friends. The more objects of mass in close proximity to your car, the more the ride height increases due to gravitational pull.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Hey Keith,
Neither. Oz and me were talking about it. But then again.... he does have gingervitis ..so what does he know