Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
how do people feel about racing brushed and brushless together in Mod on-road and off >

how do people feel about racing brushed and brushless together in Mod on-road and off

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how do people feel about racing brushed and brushless together in Mod on-road and off

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Go hike your leg on a brushed motor thread.
I thought you were brushless?
He hates mod!
Ok... Sound like he isn't a happy person.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Go hike your leg on a brushed motor thread.
I thought you were brushless?
He hates mod!
Mod is great! If the fastest mod was about 1/3rd the current speed, it would be perfect. :-D

Save brushes for the vintage class where they belong. :-)
Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Mod is great! If the fastest mod was about 1/3rd the current speed, it would be perfect. :-D

Save brushes for the vintage class where they belong. :-)
What speed would that be?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trjracing
ONE I have nothing against brushless TWO you need to read the thread a little bit better and THREE you are not busting my bubble because I know pro racers are switching over to brushless SO your point IS????????????

If a caveman can do it then how comes overthink too much??.. I never said you were against BL, im just saying that brushed is ancient and you need to be fully converted
Old 05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

guys!!!!!!!!!

i started this thread to find out what people thought of brushed and brushless running together in on road and off road classes, not some disscussion on which is better than the other for that i dont really care so stop highjacking the thread

please stay on topic
Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

We run brushed and brushless in offroad indoors at my track. The fastest guys are running brushed because their sponsors give it to them. The next teir down all run brushless/lipo. We don't take advantage of bl's extra run time, we still run 5 minutes. While there is no advantage in performance, there is significantly better consistency that the bl guys enjoy. None of the "I hung a brush" or "this battery is flat". Just nuclear power every run.

I think they should be run together at every level of racing. If Brushless proves superion then brushed will simply go away as it should. Brushless is better in every way.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dirt-Racer
If a caveman can do it then how comes overthink too much??.. I never said you were against BL, im just saying that brushed is ancient and you need to be fully converted
I run both and it doesn't matter to me brushed or brushless if you read back on the thread you will see how this all started. I am a die hard electric man anyway I run both so your first comment to me was senseless. My props go to brushless but I run both so it doesn't matter to me I just stated my opinion on the original topic of this thread and sorry guys for high jacking this thread but if you guys go back and read how it all started you would have a better understanding on what happened to cause the crazyness. Sorry Guy's...
Old 05-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Unfortunately when you have a thread that has two opposing camps, this is normally the result

Just to be clear, i too like brushed, why? because to me it makes RACING a little more interesting. It adds "interest" (for me)..

BL is more user/environtmentally friendly.

Personally having both brushed and BL run alongside one another adds more interest in the mix, it'll all be down to personal taste.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by judge10tpt
guys!!!!!!!!!

i started this thread to find out what people thought of brushed and brushless running together in on road and off road classes, not some disscussion on which is better than the other for that i dont really care so stop highjacking the thread

please stay on topic
Sorry.
I'm sure when everyone gets home and turns there computer on there will be more on here to stay on topic. The nice thing about mod is you don't have to have the best car or tuned motor or most high voltage batteries to compete.
The motors faster than the track, you have a better chance of getting back in the race if you crash. Its about driving and taming the speed and literally driving your butt off. Stock is about taming the desire to go mod.
I say in Modified mix brushed and brushless together, but in stock motor equivalent racing it causes to many arguments over whats fair and so on.
Slow poke racing separate them into individual classes.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dirt-Racer
Unfortunately when you have a thread that has two opposing camps, this is normally the result

Just to be clear, i too like brushed, why? because to me it makes RACING a little more interesting. It adds "interest" (for me)..

BL is more user/environtmentally friendly.

Personally having both brushed and BL run alongside one another adds more interest in the mix, it'll all be down to personal taste.
COOL...
I agree with you on that...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry.
I'm sure when everyone gets home and turns there computer on there will be more on here to stay on topic. The nice thing about mod is you don't have to have the best car or tuned motor or most high voltage batteries to compete.
The motors faster than the track, you have a better chance of getting back in the race if you crash. Its about driving and taming the speed and literally driving your butt off. Stock is about taming the desire to go mod.
I say in Modified mix brushed and brushless together, but in stock motor equivalent racing it causes to many arguments over whats fair and so on.
Thats a very good point there...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry.
I can't argue that one...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What speed would that be?
Stock. Long live stock! Viva la stock!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Lord

I believe brushless will breed more Mod racers.
I believe that you should never run a motor slower than the track will go.
If you run a motor slower than the track will go it causes to many problems like, he out bought me he could afford a new car or a better battery or he bought 30 13.5's until he got the best one in the world. A motor faster than the track will go, promotes piece at the track.
And then its truly set up and driving.
Mod eliminates all the bull crap. Period.
No one says you have to run a 3.5 on a track thats clearly a 5800 or 4300.
Bottom line if the tracks a 5800 it should be able to win out even against a 3.5.
You can only go as fast as the track will let you, and thats at any speed.
Think about when you begin racing gas.
Do you get a motor slower than the track will go?
To each his own thats what its all about.
Mod or stock none are really better than the other, the rules just change and with it the attitude of racing.
One class worries about it and the other doesn't.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

I believe brushless will breed more Mod racers.
I believe that you should never run a motor slower than the track will go.
If you run a motor slower than the track will go it causes to many problems like, he out bought me he could afford a new car or a better battery or he bought 30 13.5's until he got the best one in the world. A motor faster than the track will go, promotes piece at the track.
And then its truly set up and driving.
Mod eliminates all the bull crap. Period.
No one says you have to run a 3.5 on a track thats clearly a 5800 or 4300.
Bottom line if the tracks a 5800 it should be able to win out even against a 3.5.
You can only go as fast as the track will let you, and thats at any speed.
Think about when you begin racing gas.
Do you get a motor slower than the track will go?
To each his own thats what its all about.
Mod or stock none are really better than the other, the rules just change and with it the attitude of racing.
One class worries about it and the other doesn't.
Sounds like you covered everything...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.