Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007 >

CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

Old 05-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Wednesday at 10 am sounds good to me. Making the 1st round the option round.Just like the late round on thurs,run it if you want or get there and start off with a groved in track for the 2nd round.
That way thursday is more like a qualifing day and sleep to be had both nites!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I personally think that all these races are TOO LONG!

For the avegage joe to attend one or two "BIG" races a year they are FORCED to use up all thier vacation time at work. Most need to use 3-4 days for each race. With most companies only offering 80hrs per year. Most (including myself) use all or nearly all of my "Vacation" time to attend RC races. With todays big businesses we all know that they are not offering more vacation time...LOL So does this put the Father/Husband in a tough spot, vacation time with the family or vacation time away for RC races?!?!
Also everyone always wants to know "How can we attract new/younger ppl to the hobby?" Well just like the father/husband the younger guys can't and shouldn't be taken out of school Tues. to attend an RC race.

I say shorten ALL the races up to just Thurs practice, Fri./Sat. quals. and Sun. mains.

As some have said they would like to have the time to sleep more, let me ask you guys this. Do you feel you are tired from the being up a the race or from working all day on Mon./Tues and then driving 6,7 or 8 hrs to a race and starting the week off on the wrong foot?

But on the flip side When I plan on going to a race, I want all of the track time that I can get.

Whats the old saying "damned if you do damned if you don't"
Old 05-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

You can now book your room fromm our web site www.indoorchamps.com tick on hotel infor, then tick link to the hotel
Old 05-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
"How can we attract new/younger ppl to the hobby?" Well just like the father/husband the younger guys can't and shouldn't be taken out of school Tues. to attend an RC race.

For most of the younger races (my self included) shouldent have to take anytime for this race seeing that its thanksgiving week.so this races isent really a problem. but races like the snow birds it will be hard for me to try and take off a week for racing rc cars.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomcat01
For most of the younger races (my self included) shouldent have to take anytime for this race seeing that its thanksgiving week.so this races isent really a problem. but races like the snow birds it will be hard for me to try and take off a week for racing rc cars.
I probally won't get the 21st off, but one day is not alot to ask for.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
well since it is a mixed reaction y dont you have a mixed solution?

Have the wednesday test runs as a option for those who come early and Thursday nite as usual. those who come late will work out at night and the rest, weeeeeeell, prepare the track for the old guys who need sleep
yeah it sounds ok but it still wears out the crew that have to be up by 6:30 or 7 the next morning.There is no right answer really but we would like to get away from the late night practices period but we don't want to short everyone track time sadly open practice never works for some reason and it turns to having 20 some drivers on the track and no one gets any real track time.

With so many heats and so many heats of 1/12 scale it's hard it takes x amount of time period even with little to no time between runs.This has grown and grown for years it just might be time for it to get a little longer or maybe not.most other races of this kind are about the same length of days that being starting technically on tuesday and ending on sunday.I am not sure on the exact stats for last year but I think we have like 23 races of 1/12 last year.that's 8x23=184 mins of racing and we expect more this year because basicly it seems it goes up every year.I am sure in the end we will sort it so everyone is ok with it.and we know we can't make everyone happy but we try.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well the Year I attended I believe we had O main LOL but there were no shows soI think the last was M or N

So I guess not much has changed since then...

You ca not make everyone Happy Bill. I am sure you will do your best.

If nothing works, just keep it the way it is. The guy who wins after sleepless nights will deserve the indoor champ Tropy.

These races arent supposed to be a walk in the park Your opponents arent the only ones you have to endure

well we can all was attend less classes
Old 05-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love the idea of an extra day of practice!!!!!
I take the whole week off anyway.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Wednesday practice sounds good to me. Sleep would be a good thing for once.

Running mod 12th at 4:00 am is pretty worthless.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Snowbirds open practice starts on Tuesday most are there Monday setting up
Roar nats club race Tuesday and heat practice started Wednesday 9am
Vegas heat practice starts 7am Wednesday
So the other 3 major carpet races all have normal 2 day practices.

Why should you even think of pulling an all nighter just because you need 4 rounds of practice. Just run it on Wednesday 2 rounds and get it over with. That way local people that want to spend thanksgiving with their family get the 2 rounds on Wednesday and don't have to race to the hotel after dinner Thursday. Plus it will keep Frank Calandra from gettting to much practice.

Well it's 12:30 am in cleveland and this is round 4 heat 4 of 12th stock practice.... What Frank? Um nope frank no one is one on 90... Well it's only 4 cars Frank yes you can jump in.... 1/2 hour later... It's heat 9 of stock 12th scale yes frank someone is on 90. oh you put your DSM in, that's ok then... 1 hour later It's heat 5 of masters 12th scale on the track... The fast guys from last year... Frank make sure you pull it a little futher off line if you go to adjust something Jimmy might hit you with his wide lines.... 1/2 hour later this is heat 3 of 19t 12th scale. Are you out here again Frank? No it's 3 cars and one guy doing circles... Go ahead. 1 hour later this is heat 2 of mod 12th scale... Frank did you go back to DSM... Oh you changed back.. Ok yeah it should be clear but I've had 10 beers and can't see much anymore. And most of the mod guys run 27band anyway.....
Old 05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
Plus it will keep Frank Calandra from gettting to much practice.

Well it's 12:30 am in cleveland and this is round 4 heat 4 of 12th stock practice.... What Frank? Um nope frank no one is one on 90... Well it's only 4 cars Frank yes you can jump in.... 1/2 hour later... It's heat 9 of stock 12th scale yes frank someone is on 90. oh you put your DSM in, that's ok then... 1 hour later It's heat 5 of masters 12th scale on the track... The fast guys from last year... Frank make sure you pull it a little futher off line if you go to adjust something Jimmy might hit you with his wide lines.... 1/2 hour later this is heat 3 of 19t 12th scale. Are you out here again Frank? No it's 3 cars and one guy doing circles... Go ahead. 1 hour later this is heat 2 of mod 12th scale... Frank did you go back to DSM... Oh you changed back.. Ok yeah it should be clear but I've had 10 beers and can't see much anymore. And most of the mod guys run 27band anyway.....
LMAO What makes it so funny is that it's true!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Practice

Everybody is talking like the practice sessions are mandatory, if you don't want to stay up all night to practice than skip the late night practice, I personally like the way it was ran last year, being my first time to the indoor champs I liked being able to practice at 3 or 4 in the morning with only a couple other cars on the track, just my 2 cents
Old 05-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

We will be improving tech with a new timing gauge and a better driver meeting with more information for all driver
Old 05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR.BILL
We will be improving tech with a new timing gauge
SWEET!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
Why should you even think of pulling an all nighter just because you need 4 rounds of practice. Just run it on Wednesday 2 rounds and get it over with. That way local people that want to spend thanksgiving with their family get the 2 rounds on Wednesday and don't have to race to the hotel after dinner Thursday. Plus it will keep Frank Calandra from gettting to much practice.

I am usually in bed sleeping at 9:30. I deny all the above.

Ooopps look what time it is now, where's my 1:12th car? I feel like practicing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.