Wiki Posts
Search

Losi to Associated!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
It doesnt matter, both are good. Seriously these threads are a bit lame, as they always bring out the fan boys who will say "OMG NOZE AE IS THE BOMB"

"NO LOSI IS THE BESTEST EVAR"

Both win, both are fast. Pick one based on your LHS part selection.
agree to extent but its fun arguing! its like chevy vs ford!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I bought my B4 used a few weeks ago and haven't broken anything compared to the Losi with front arms and diff issues.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

I've never broken anything with the CR
Old 05-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would say that I've never broken anything on my T4 but that would be a lie.
But I haven't broken much, just a turnbuckle and a ballcup. They are both good companies, but I prefer associated just cause I like the way their cars feel. I have a xxx-s and I just don't like the way it drives compared to my TC4. But I don't know about Losi's offroad stuff.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Losi diff issues? I havn't rebuilt my diff since I got my car upon release last year. It's still smooth.
Arm breakage? I've only broke two since then. Funny two guys at my local track broke front arms on their B4 doing practice laps before we lined up for the 1st qual. Then in round two it happened to one of them again! He was pretty pissed. We were all shocked. We then joked around, telling him just to put it on the straight and don't move it till the ring tone. What are the chances of that happening.?
I've owned both and am def. more happy with the Losi. Plus their shocks are way better than the Ass. ones..
Old 05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've gotta agree that the AE shocks are a pain to put together, but if you can get the hang of them and get them setup right they are fine.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have owned and raced both and still do own both and prefer the Team Losi cars, i find they stay tighter and dont wear out and get suspension slop as much as Associated cars do over time, And yes have to agree with the shocks being better, AE ones are fine but tend to not be as smooth and the springs always rub on the bodies on the truck shocks, Losi springs are larger diameter and clear the shock bodies a lot better.

As far as driving goes i find AE cars dull, not in a bad way but they are a bit to smooth for my liking, might be good for mod class but for stock class you want something that can be thrown around hard and nailed flat all the time, the XXX platform does just that.

My B3 i had years ago got raced every week and must have had over 500 packs through it before i sold it and it was stuffed, i had rebuilt it regulary and maintained it well but the suspension arms, shock shafts, bearings etc. were all gone, my XXX buggy that done more work with mild modified ( we race group 20 in AUS 20x1 ) was still fairly tight and just the usual shock rebuild and diff etc. was enough for me to get a good price to sell it 2nd hand, the B3 wasnt so lucky... I havent raced my XXX-CR but it will be stronger again i am sure of it, As far as breakages go, its how you drive them and what you hit on the track, the cars dont break unless you stuff up really.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
I bought my B4 used a few weeks ago and haven't broken anything compared to the Losi with front arms and diff issues.
Just wait you will. I found the front arms on the B4 to be even more fragile than the XXX-CR. Did you try the graphite front arms on the XXX-CR?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Yes I ran the graphite front arms on my XXX and broke everyone of them. I bought like 3 sets and were all broken in 2 days.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes I ran the graphite front arms on my XXX and broke everyone of them. I bought like 3 sets and were all broken in 2 days.
YUP!!! Thought I covered this one earlier.

Larry
Old 05-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I did this with my touring car. had a XXX-S. just couldn't get it to hook up or have the line punch like others with the TC3.

Went with a beater TC3, and was instantly much faster around the track and much more consistent. Kept it around for awhile before getting out of touring car all together when I moved.

Only other losi I had since then was an LST and I liked it. But have looked lately at an MGT.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

i agree i havent broken half as much on my associated as i did with my bk2 but i think it all depends on how you have your care set up....what set up do you have on the b4 now?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Brown springs up front with 30 weight and #1 pistons.

Silver springs rear with 25 weight and #2 pistons.

1 degree of camber all around and

and usually 0 degree toe angle sometime a little toe - out.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you want to you can try this set up

same pistons all the way around

30 in the front same springs

25 in the rear with one limiter and silver springs

i tried this after one of my buddys told me to run it and liked it
Old 05-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

I'll have to try it. Thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.