Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MBX5-R rear end loose, any good setups out there? >

MBX5-R rear end loose, any good setups out there?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX5-R rear end loose, any good setups out there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

oh, and Eddy, the blue springs are the lightest made for the Mugen. And they're what i run around here. In fact, i almost switched to the long Greys (the next lightest) at RCE on Sunday. The car seemed a little sluggish. But I moved the lower shock mounts from the inside hole to the outside all around, and the car was on rails.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No, it's definitely not the radio. Steering and throttle are very smooth. It's just a wrong setup. I just bought it and not about to give up on it yet.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Oh, I noticed your car on the A-main and it looked like it was dialed. It looked even dialed during the mud bog fest.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Mm...I thought the blue springs were stiffer. it's been 3 years since I've run a Mugen so that could explain it.

You guys plan on running the trophy race at RCE?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Only if I can get the buggy running correctly. They way it setup now I couldn't get more than 11 laps.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys ETMR is rock solid and if the machine I asked for shows up tomorrow morning there will be jumps a plenty ! but nothing dangerous or large just enough and large enough for a really really cool rythem section.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Some more updates.
I got the blue long spings, and softer sway bars. 2.6 in the back 2.1 in the front. Shock oil 35 front 30 back preload 8mm back 5mm front.
Our track is bumpy with some nasty ruff sections.
When the track is wet it handles like its on rails, no problems at all, once the track started to dry up, it was better than last week, but i had to go easy on the throttel.
The one adjustment i made on the dry track was epa it was at 95, and droped it down to 85 and made a nice difference, off power stearing is still there, and on power now even better. i almost got it dialed in i would say 98% i am thinking on working on the speed of stearing, cause it seams like a switch, it turns very fast, maybe to fast, and wips the end around. so far so good.
Good luck, and i will keep updating
Old 05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Made some changes on Saturday and made a huge difference. When the track is wet it's pretty damn close to being on rails, but as soon as it dries up then it gets tricky. Would Panther K2's work better in dry conditions than the Crimefighters?

Not sure what the "epa" option is. Is that on the transmitter?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

K2's or Chrime's is a toss up. It's all about the compound. Soft for the K2's and M3 for the Chrimes are good for dry but wear quicker...

As far as EPA goes it controls how far the End Point of the Steering servo travels...If you want less steering servo travel I would control that through the Dual Rate after you set your end points to their Max. You have Dual Rate on your radio???
Old 05-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have to say that the Panther Gators were hooked even when it was dry at ETMR on Saturday. But yes, K2's would be better when its dry and fluffy. The wetter it is, the smaller the pin you want so the mud/crud can sloughed off quicker.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

For not putting a drop of water on ETMR's track it was pretty good for traction, I didn't have a problem. RCE gets just a little dry and it become a dust bomb and quite slippery. So I think I may try the K2's

I do have the dual rate mode on the radio and I'll definitely give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the info.