Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
1/8th scale Motonica >

1/8th scale Motonica

1/8th scale Motonica

Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

I don't try the newest body shells from protoform, but with T530 there isn't any problem with front upper wishbones.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

Are you cutting the front body post when installing?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure if it would help but have you tried the Blitz Lola 5/6 bodies.
Local Motonica guy has run them and i havent heard about any hassle with them.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
LCM
Tech Initiate

Yes, i did cut the body post, as i do every time that they are too long to put the body in the lowest position. If you see the body shells of the top guns, you could see that all of them have their body shells cut as much as possible in the frot, and it continues beeing flat at the same level as the front bumper, as i try to do. Let´s wait untill Motonica releases it´s own body shell, that i´ve heard that is on it´s way.
Thanks for everything
Old 10-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

I look closely to the front upper arm section of my car. There is at least 10mm between front upper arm and the body. I cut my front body posts too, and install the body as low as possible. (The front bumper touch the body) Can you sent a picture of your car? Maybe so can I understand the situation.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LCM
Yes, i did cut the body post, as i do every time that they are too long to put the body in the lowest position. If you see the body shells of the top guns, you could see that all of them have their body shells cut as much as possible in the frot, and it continues beeing flat at the same level as the front bumper, as i try to do. Let´s wait untill Motonica releases it´s own body shell, that i´ve heard that is on it´s way.
Thanks for everything
I have been using the Kyosho Dome body and had not noticed any problems till you mentioned it here. I looked and sure enough the body has rub marks on both sides from the upper arm. Shimming is probably the only to fix, but it will affect handleing by raising the body height. I don't think touching the body there bothers it too much, and by the way, Motonica has a body out, I have not used it yet but have had it about 6 months unless you are talking of a new one.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:02 AM
LCM
Tech Initiate

I´ll try to do so. If i can do it, you´ll see that i´ve made a "bubble" in the body, in the upper arms touching zone, that way they doesn´t touch, but i think that i´ve ruin the aerodinamics propperties of my Kyosho body shell.
As i´ve said, i´ll try to post a photo.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LCM
I´ll try to do so. If i can do it, you´ll see that i´ve made a "bubble" in the body, in the upper arms touching zone, that way they doesn´t touch, but i think that i´ve ruin the aerodinamics propperties of my Kyosho body shell.
As i´ve said, i´ll try to post a photo.
If you look at some of the 1/10 200mm outlaw lola bodies, they have a "bubble" in the bodies to clear the shock tower for the lola bodies. I don't think it will hurt noticibally.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM
LCM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Speedracer, that´s a good new for me. I don´t know much about aerodinamics.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
LCM
Tech Initiate

Hello again. I think that i´ve been abble to upload my Motonica pics. Tell me your oppinion.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by LCM
Hello again. I think that i´ve been abble to upload my Motonica pics. Tell me your oppinion.

very nice
Old 10-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LCM

IMO the "bubble" is very minimal and you should not lose anything with aerodynamics. Nice job!!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Need some help here my fellow Motonica owners or anyone with info. I am having a difficult time here trying to find any possible dealers of the Motonica, both the car and parts here in the US. I had a few, one being RCPROCENTER.COM. Not sure if they are still doing the Motonica or not (was told they wern't). I have tried to email them with no responce. I will keep trying. However, if ANYONE has any leads on to where I can get my parts, could you please post or PM me.

The following information is second hand from a friend of mine that also wants a Motonica for next season (Basically now), so not 100% sure of the accuracy here. But the way I understood it was that COMPETITION PRODUCTS was the distributor and main importer of all Motonica stuff into US. And that RCPROCENTER aquired their parts from them. Anyway I was told that COMPETITION PRODUCTS is NO longer the distributor for Motonica for US. If this is the case, where can we get our parts in the US without having to go to "The Border" or another overpriced overseas company. I will do this as a last resort, but was curious if anyone had information for the current/future of distribution in the US. Any leads would be VERY helpful.

I do know that the gentleman I met at the Nationals that was from Texas carried parts and the car as well. This infact was where Scotty Berrera (Scottyoo) the sponsored driver here in the US was pitting with. I believe they are all from Texas. But I can't for the life of me remember names or his hobby store front. I'm so retarded sometimes I could kick myself. So anyway, Scotty, if you read this could you also shed some light please. I have litterally 5 prospects for the car, yet NO WHERE to send them. Very frustrating. Not to mention the parts I would like to aquire. Sorry for the long post, just trying to be thorough. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks guys!!!! Later.

PS. Keep posting guys, I love to be reminded that I'm not the only one with a Motonica.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

The body look very interesting. It seems that the kyosho body's front end is very low, I try today new protoform body's shadow and frezbee and find no diffucties when installing them to the car. By the way my car is P8.0R, not P8.0. I don't thing they are different on front parts but I'm not sure.

So, your body modification is very small, I don't think it alter aerodynamics very much. Don't wory about it.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:37 AM
LCM
Tech Initiate

Thank you very much, your comments are very aappreciated for me.
Next week i´m going to participate in the 4th and last race of the 2007 Spanish Championship, and i´ll try both, the Kyosho and the Central body, and i´ll keep you posted.
Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.