Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by deepfree_z
My one-way bearings don't have INA stamp on them... This is good for one point, I know now why my bearings fail.
Hey deepfreez, I have had similar problems with the bearings and came up with a solution that works well sofar. If the bearing slips just once then it will do it again, so take it off clean it really good and then take the shaft it rides on and clean it aswell. From here take rough grit sand paper like 240 grit or something close to it and cross hatch the shaft and then use serpent oneway lube. This is what i did and it never fails to fix it.I think the bearings break cause of heat made from slipping and the scratches i put in the shaft give the paws in the bearing something to grab and also hold the lube which really isnt lube but more like traction for the bearings.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Scottyoo, I will definitely give it a try.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Ice,

If you post me your e-mail i send you my set-up from the Mach.
I just can't upload the file because it's to big and it's an excel file.
Greetz Stefan.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

@stefanmotonica,

Send you a pm with my email address.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Hi to everyone,
As I write before, I have some problems with my engine mount aluminums. While waiting the new spare parts, I make a new one piece engine mount for my moto. It has been machined from a solid 7075 aluminum block. It lowers the engine 0.5mm compared the standard one, it is very rigid, and machined very preciously.
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th scale Motonica-onepiece1.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-onepiece2.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-onepiece3.jpg  
Old 06-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Motonica Team will be at the Byron's Challenge this coming weekend in Joliet, IL. If you live in the area, drop by and say hi!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

I had a race a couple of weeks ago and before the start of the main final i wanted to adjust the 2 speed, but i couldn't get it off so ill left it on as it was and expected problems with it during the race but it kept working in the 30 minute final where i finished second. But after the race i wanted to see why it didn't come off and it appeared that the one way was stuck on the axle. I removed it by tapping it with a hammer and i didn't see any damage to it. And when i put it on the axle it seems to work fine again. Does anyone had this happen before of know what caused this? I already bought a new one but i wonder if i can still use the old one?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One suggestion is there is some small scratch on the surface of the shaft and especially on the edge(end) of the 2-speed shaft. Solution is to sand the shaft and lube it. If situtaion remains, the shaft may be curved, you may need to change the shaft.
Just my experience. Hope it helps!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, you are right choisan, 2-speed shafts end can be damaged when installing & removing the e-ring. Sanding this parts end will help and then you can easily remove the 2-speed hub from shaft. But I think Ice_Nl's problem is a little different. He can not remove the one-way bearing from 2-speed hub. Am I right Ice_NL? If yes, then you might have a faulty one-way bearing. ( or will be faulty soon) Garen said to me, that some one-way bearings on some batch are not top quality bearings? Can you read any words on your old bearing?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have this problem on my MTX-3.

Definitely changing that one-way is one of the last choices. Always lub the shaft and the one-way to prevent it from getting rust.

MRX4 shares the same one way with Motonica even with the plastic gears and the clutch.

In fact, my Motonica is still not tested yet(it is too beautiful to display) since i bought it last Summer. Hope mine one-way is ok.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

The Motonica Team did well this weekend at the Byron's Challenge, placing 4 cars in the main, and finishing 1st, 3rd, 6th (I think), and 9th. I'll try to get some photos and official results and post them here later.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

What a great result!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good results in the future MOTONICA USA!!!!!!

Greetz Stefan.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by garen
The Motonica Team did well this weekend at the Byron's Challenge, placing 4 cars in the main, and finishing 1st, 3rd, 6th (I think), and 9th. I'll try to get some photos and official results and post them here later.
Keep up the good work, is this the first major win in the US?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys. This is not the first major win for Motonica in the US. Earlier this year we won the Motonica GP as well. Josh also placed in the final at the 301 Capitol Challenge in June.
Josh's setups from the Byron race and the 301 race are posted on the motonica-usa.com support page.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!

Regarding clutch settings... how do you guys have your clutch setup regarding spring tension, clutch gap and end play??

Thanks in advance...
Claudio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.