Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
1/8th scale Motonica >

1/8th scale Motonica

1/8th scale Motonica

Old 11-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello to ALL Motonica dudes!! Well I got back from racing at the 301 raceway in Maryland for the Halloween Bash and had a BLAST. The car was awesome!! My driving wasn't.... Actually I can't complain at all. I'm in a bit of a hurry right now but at least wanted to say hey to everyone and plan on giving a more detailed report of the race soon. But as I mentioned the car was incredible. I can't get over how easy this thing is to drive fast!! Am I currently an "A" main driver...no. Need to hone in my skills is all since I have only been back in our wonderful sport for about a year after a 4 year break or so. But that doesn't mean I'm not having a blast! The Motonica again is making this return VERY enjoyable. I did manage to finally break a part or two at this race...with the combonation of 60F degree weather and a very fast track it's bound to happen even to the BEST of cars. I was limited on parts also, and had to get creative on the front body mount that broke. Went OLD school and mounted the body to the front bumper. I wasn't sure what else to do, I ran it in the main like this and didn't notice any difference at all. But the weekend was all about FUN...and the MOTONICA delivered once again. More updates soon my friends. Everyone, take care and talk to ya soon! LATER GUYS!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Hello to ALL Motonica dudes!! Well I got back from racing at the 301 raceway in Maryland for the Halloween Bash and had a BLAST. The car was awesome!! My driving wasn't.... Actually I can't complain at all. I'm in a bit of a hurry right now but at least wanted to say hey to everyone and plan on giving a more detailed report of the race soon. But as I mentioned the car was incredible. I can't get over how easy this thing is to drive fast!! Am I currently an "A" main driver...no. Need to hone in my skills is all since I have only been back in our wonderful sport for about a year after a 4 year break or so. But that doesn't mean I'm not having a blast! The Motonica again is making this return VERY enjoyable. I did manage to finally break a part or two at this race...with the combonation of 60F degree weather and a very fast track it's bound to happen even to the BEST of cars. I was limited on parts also, and had to get creative on the front body mount that broke. Went OLD school and mounted the body to the front bumper. I wasn't sure what else to do, I ran it in the main like this and didn't notice any difference at all. But the weekend was all about FUN...and the MOTONICA delivered once again. More updates soon my friends. Everyone, take care and talk to ya soon! LATER GUYS!!!
Top Work Darren,

i can only just hear the excitment in your posts on the car, as we have spoken cant wait to get mine - looks like this is a winner and sounds its durable aswell!

i wanna see pics, pics, pics keep posting new updates and let us know of good setups for low grip tracks to high grip

cheers
Frankie
Old 11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Top Work Darren,

i can only just hear the excitment in your posts on the car, as we have spoken cant wait to get mine - looks like this is a winner and sounds its durable aswell!

i wanna see pics, pics, pics keep posting new updates and let us know of good setups for low grip tracks to high grip

cheers
Frankie
Let me get some things together here and you will get your pics and setups bro!! Dude, welcome my friend to real rc racing!!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Let me get some things together here and you will get your pics and setups bro!! Dude, welcome my friend to real rc racing!!
your a champ dude - cant wait for new machine
Old 11-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Garen-
I know that Brooklyn Hobbies sells the kit, but who supports the car with parts?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

onerun- New importer announcement coming soon, and with that parts supply will be taken care of. PM me if you need parts in the meantime.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

its pretty expensive, if you compare , and also i know there is alot of comp. between buggy 1/8th co. but camon why be so pricey, id think 800 to a max of 1000AUD would be enough. for a pro kit.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtRacer
its pretty expensive, if you compare , and also i know there is alot of comp. between buggy 1/8th co. but camon why be so pricey, id think 800 to a max of 1000AUD would be enough. for a pro kit.
Huh??
Old 11-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtRacer
Dude, I agree....Huh??? Are you talking about the Motonica ONROAD car, or did we miss something here? As far as the price of the Motonica, your not far off, actually almost dead on in the range you posted. It sounds like your talking about OFFROAD though. Oh wait I see what your saying. Your compairing 1:8th scale off road companies prices being fairly similar where as the Motonica is a bit more spendy then the other big names in onroad. Like most good buggies are around 600 bucks US. There isn't a Motonica type buggy where the cost is higher then all the others. Well, to answer this, I would have to say that the Motonica is worth the extra cash because of the high grade in materials. After all, we are talking about a car from Italy. Similar to the Italian Motors. Why are they more expensive?? Because they kick ass and you get what you pay for. I personally think the Motonica is worth the extra money because of the great craftsman ship and excellent quality of the parts. They just simply don't wear out. As an example, I weighed my friends $100 dollar " Carlson light weight" axles with the cutouts in them for Mugen, well the Motonica uses better materials and weighs the EXACT same with NO cutouts. Therfore you don't need to spend $100 bucks for lighter ones, you already get them in the kit. It's these little things that are not pointed out on the Motonica that make the car worth the extra cash. We all know that ALL the good 1:8th scales are race ready out of the box, however IMO the Motonica is a couple steps ahead right out of the box. Italian stuff is never cheap and that's because they use BETTER everything. The extra cost of the Motonica after you break it down, is actually the same price if not cheaper to get the other cars up to par with the parts that Motonica uses. The Motonica is worth EVERY penny that you pay for it. I trully don't think it is overpriced at all for the high caliber product that you end up with. Hope this make a little bit of sence to everyone. So if your interested in getting your hands on one of these incredible machines, give either Garen or myself a PM. You'll be happy that you did!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Dude, I agree....Huh??? Are you talking about the Motonica ONROAD car, or did we miss something here? As far as the price of the Motonica, your not far off, actually almost dead on in the range you posted. It sounds like your talking about OFFROAD though. Oh wait I see what your saying. Your compairing 1:8th scale off road companies prices being fairly similar where as the Motonica is a bit more spendy then the other big names in onroad. Like most good buggies are around 600 bucks US. There isn't a Motonica type buggy where the cost is higher then all the others. Well, to answer this, I would have to say that the Motonica is worth the extra cash because of the high grade in materials. After all, we are talking about a car from Italy. Similar to the Italian Motors. Why are they more expensive?? Because they kick ass and you get what you pay for. I personally think the Motonica is worth the extra money because of the great craftsman ship and excellent quality of the parts. They just simply don't wear out. As an example, I weighed my friends $100 dollar " Carlson light weight" axles with the cutouts in them for Mugen, well the Motonica uses better materials and weighs the EXACT same with NO cutouts. Therfore you don't need to spend $100 bucks for lighter ones, you already get them in the kit. It's these little things that are not pointed out on the Motonica that make the car worth the extra cash. We all know that ALL the good 1:8th scales are race ready out of the box, however IMO the Motonica is a couple steps ahead right out of the box. Italian stuff is never cheap and that's because they use BETTER everything. The extra cost of the Motonica after you break it down, is actually the same price if not cheaper to get the other cars up to par with the parts that Motonica uses. The Motonica is worth EVERY penny that you pay for it. I trully don't think it is overpriced at all for the high caliber product that you end up with. Hope this make a little bit of sence to everyone. So if your interested in getting your hands on one of these incredible machines, give either Garen or myself a PM. You'll be happy that you did!
so true , so true, i have a friend running a Motonica at our Local track, the bloody car has had like 2 litres through the car, nothing has worn, i am a bit puzzled, even he said he hast replaced nothing, only tires and fuel - it just keeps going, and he too was an EX Mugen driver, and experience many flaws in spurrs and belts - so i can vouch for what SerpentD is saying and back him up 100% - so cant wait for mine to arrive

Cheers
Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

stop riding his jock^
Old 11-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kreamUNO
stop riding his jock^
Dude, relax man. Kodak is just fired up about getting his new car, that's all. Plus Kodak an myself have been buds for a while now and we both get fired up about our racing. It's all in fun bro. So don't trip out on his/our enthusiasm with both our love for racing and our love for the Motonica. We are both a bit on the HELL YEAH side of what we do in rc. We might be a bit over the top for some, but that's just our personality man. So with that said...MOTONICA ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

it was a joke bro, but i would want to see more pics of the car.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is a beautiful car ... amazing detail in design .. I'm hoping that someone will be bringing one to the Winter Nats.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kreamUNO
it was a joke bro, but i would want to see more pics of the car.
That's cool dude, Mine was all in fun too, and not a poke at you personally. As far as pics, Let me clean my car up from this last weekend of racing, and I will take some pics with some of the parts off the car so you can see more then with all the parts on. I will take some good pics for you and others to check out bro! Thanks for not tripping on me and my last post. Just a heads up, I am over anal about my car being clean, so I will try my best to get pics up soon. Might take a few hours but will try and get them up asap! Cool dude. Yap at ya soon bro! Later!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.