1/8th scale Motonica

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

I want to ask something about the recently posted setup. When adjusting the rear down stop, do you guys unload the rear springs? I mean, when I make the rear down stop such a low value ( 3.5mm) and the road clearance 5.5 mm, my rear springs unloaded when I lift the car...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, the springs unload. Make sure you are measuring 3.5mm downstop as shown on the sheet...from the bottom of the curved part of the rear hubs.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

and the 5.5mm ride height is measured with 72mm tires
Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you for answer. But here starts what I don't understand. We use downstop to limit the down travel of the suspension, and when the springs unloaded, how can go the suspension arm lower? I think the suspension arm goes as low as the springs pushes it. (I don't count the free movement of the arm due to the gravity, because it doesn't carry the car)
Old 10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

think of suspension travel when on the brakes or leaning hard in sweepers
Old 10-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

There are 2 options parts I did not get to try out, which should help if you are experiencing understeer-

05-034A and 35A: Front sway bar right and left soft. These parts are softer than the stock sway bar pieces.

I'll get these in soon and try them out.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Garen, bro! Dude, sorry I haven't had a chance to call yet. Mark and I are going to a race at 301 this weekend. So between work, Kids and painting bodies and trying to pack my crap...JEEEESE, I only had like 2 days notice for this race and of coarse NOT READY!!
Anyway my friend, I need to talk to you bro. I will try and give you a call when we land in Baltimore tomorrow late afternoon. I plan on showing a few of the locals what this Motonica thing is all about! Thanks a ton for your support lately, it will help out TONS for this race. I have all your notes with me and am going to be ready to JAM dude!
Anyway, hope thngs are going cool for you, so will talk with you soon I hope. This race is some sort of Halloween bash race. Too bad I didn't get to airbrush a killer Halloween body. There's always next time. K bro, need to finish packing since I leave in about 4 hours. Later!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Garen, bro! Dude, sorry I haven't had a chance to call yet. Mark and I are going to a race at 301 this weekend. So between work, Kids and painting bodies and trying to pack my crap...JEEEESE, I only had like 2 days notice for this race and of coarse NOT READY!!
Anyway my friend, I need to talk to you bro. I will try and give you a call when we land in Baltimore tomorrow late afternoon. I plan on showing a few of the locals what this Motonica thing is all about! Thanks a ton for your support lately, it will help out TONS for this race. I have all your notes with me and am going to be ready to JAM dude!
Anyway, hope thngs are going cool for you, so will talk with you soon I hope. This race is some sort of Halloween bash race. Too bad I didn't get to airbrush a killer Halloween body. There's always next time. K bro, need to finish packing since I leave in about 4 hours. Later!
you make me laugh it make Ballestri look bad
Old 10-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Some might know me like SerpenD and few others, well good news is i have sold my Team Magic, and will be purchasing a 1/8th Motonica car for xmas - i just seen this winning car destroy the nationals in Vic just gone and wow was a awesome car and reliablity!

Ill post some details of the new ride soon, but the best lap time over the weekend in the 1/8th was 15.4 which is out of this world on the Lillydale RC Track in Victoria, Australia....

cant wait to get into a new challenge

Peace Out Frankie - Oi SerpantD - ill make ya a new AVATAR son champ
Old 10-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Frank the fastest lap of the weekend was actually a 15.1, by Simon Nicolsen followed by a 15.2 by Chris Reade. I heard that it was a brilliant drive by Steve however. It seems like a good car but i wouldnt say it blitzed the field
Old 10-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Frank the fastest lap of the weekend was actually a 15.1, by Simon Nicolsen followed by a 15.2 by Chris Reade. I heard that it was a brilliant drive by Steve however. It seems like a good car but i wouldnt say it blitzed the field
my bad champ - yeah forgot about Simon - he was on fire and got robbed in the last pitstop - how does a race like his end when your 2 laps ahead crazzzzzy event but well worth the journey, experience and overal entertainment!

i just heard that the Motonica is a very reliable car, like wear and tear is alot longer than some other makes is this true?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not sure about reliability as i dont own one of these. But looked like Peter J stripped a belt in the final warmup, could have been something else however.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Not sure about reliability as i dont own one of these. But looked like Peter J stripped a belt in the final warmup, could have been something else however.
he didnt strip a belt, it wasnt placed on right - just re- applied it and all good!!

either way everything has wear and tear, some have more than others!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=1#post3810147
Old 10-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

I'm a owner of a P8.0R, it is box stock now, and yes it is a durable car. I can't find any long term test possibility yet, but the first tests show that it is reliable car.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Well all i can do - is wait patiently for a very important PM - i just sold my G4S/G4+ and the Motonica is looking promossing.....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.