Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WorldCup2004
what is the difference on the dyno vs the CRF original ?
We are not sure yet. Right now the dyno I was trying to use is broken.

The engine certainly feels stronger, and smoother.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitrogasm
hello ,
sorry for the novice question , i recently got a murnan +3-ct and skyline pipe .
i have 12 tanks of fuel through it and it is really breaking in nice and making tons of power .
but,
im having trouble getting the idle down .
i started with the standard 1mm slide setting but it is idling really high no matter what i do . if i close the slide down much below .5 mm opening to bring the idle down when i hit the gas there is a big stumble no matter how lean or rich the low speed jet is set .
when tuned to have good snap from idle into the main fuel circuit , it then idles too high .

could the main still be to rich ? the engine is running right about 240 degrees and still blowing good amount of smoke

can anyone offer some insight to where my tuning is wrong

btw i am running o'donnell 20% fuel if that matters

thanks a million

alan

Hi. Just to make sure your needle settings are close. My low speed needle us between 2.5-3 turns out from bottom. My High Speed needle should be out 4.5 to 5.5 turns out. I am using Rocket Scienct fuel which you need to lean a little more than Odonnell. Myabe on the top you should be more out than me. Depends a lot on the fuel you use. Also you may want to add one .1mm head shim to the engine. Also after break in is complete. (Probably now)Change the glowplug from the #5 that is in it to a # 6 or 7. You will need to play with the low end needle and the idle set screw together to find the perfect idle to full throttle. Also clutch can effect this. If your clutch is hanging up, it causes the engine keep revving like you describe. Make sure your clutch disc is not touching the bell unless you hit the gas. I like my clutch engagement somewhere around 15,000k RPM. Hope this helps. Please ask if you have any more questions.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck to Murnan Team at the Winter Nats.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:33 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Grinder,
I placed an order with you two days ago, can you tell me when it will ship to OZ.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dear Ulriah, what is the average runtime of your Murnan Mod Sirio Evo3 STI? (say on a track with 16.3sec per laptime)...
Old 02-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B4
Grinder,
I placed an order with you two days ago, can you tell me when it will ship to OZ.
I shipped to OZ yesterday. What is your name? I can tell you for sure.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AlanLim
Good luck to Murnan Team at the Winter Nats.
Thank you. We will try!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doc56
Dear Ulriah, what is the average runtime of your Murnan Mod Sirio Evo3 STI? (say on a track with 16.3sec per laptime)...
Hi. It is impossible to guess at the runtime. Even with lap times. If someone is doing 16.3 sec laps, and someone is doing 16.3 with another car with the same engine. Runtimes can be different. There are a lot of variables involved. How much wheelspin you have for instance. Someone can drive the same lap time as me with smoother throttle..they get better mileage. Myself who likes to burn the tires off of the car.. I will turn the same lap time, but run out of fuel early. Just because of my throttle finger. Many other factors are involved too. Air quality, clutch setting, gearing, tire diameter.... The list goes on. The mod Sirio should make runtime when tuned properly. Somewhere around 5:30.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grinder
Hi. It is impossible to guess at the runtime. Even with lap times. If someone is doing 16.3 sec laps, and someone is doing 16.3 with another car with the same engine. Runtimes can be different. There are a lot of variables involved. How much wheelspin you have for instance. Someone can drive the same lap time as me with smoother throttle..they get better mileage. Myself who likes to burn the tires off of the car.. I will turn the same lap time, but run out of fuel early. Just because of my throttle finger. Many other factors are involved too. Air quality, clutch setting, gearing, tire diameter.... The list goes on. The mod Sirio should make runtime when tuned properly. Somewhere around 5:30.
With engines getting more powerfull we will see the same problems in 1/10th as they are already seeing in 1/8th. Not being able to make 5 mins.

We have an open and fast track and to solve the problem we go to 8 min qualies. The refuel times are really important. No engine can do 8 min at race speed but all can do just over 4.

Cheers
Old 02-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Default Thanks Luck!

Check this out!
Attached Thumbnails Murnan Modified Motors-uriah3.jpg  
Old 02-02-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

He does a great job! I had 6 shells done in the same design with 3 colours, 2 shells for each of the 3 team members. I love his work

Old 02-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Uriah this is Özant from Turkey how are you, ı hope everything is ok.You know ı bought evo3 Sti and nearly my break in completed and my car goes really fast but ı wonder if ı would buy Murnanmodified Evo3 Sti how is the difference? Is that worth to buy murnan For example what is top speed stock sti and murnan sti do you know that?

Sincerely

Özant Emil
Old 02-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Check this out!
that is crazy hoprfully your using it at the winter nates?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check this out!

!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice uriah...cya at the Nats... bring the ponies
Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

If you want to tune that motor.....check out this new software. You can get laptimes right to your computer, at the track or at home. Can create your own set-up sheets, do graphs, etc. Good way to tune your car at practice! You can even hear your laptimes on the drivers stand with a Bluetooth or wireless headset!

LapWatcher

You can download the evaluation version (client)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.