Community
Wiki Posts
Search

trinity reflex

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

CRASH: that will be nice if I happen to break something(which hasn't happened yet) but for my regular, non-emergency parts ordering, I got a nice special order and discount program going with my local hobby shop!

If you have your car ready to run now, you should come out and practice with me, CIVIC91, and the other guys that come out. The track is always sweet and as I like to put it "is just as good as anything we've paid $10 to race on in the past". Price of admission.....one cheap bottle of 2-liter soda....to help with traction.

Hope you make it out.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Darkseid, how did you fit your XXTRA in that small space they call a receiver box? My stock Airtronics receiver which I prefer to run in my nitro cars doesn't even come close to leaving enough room.

I will try and make it out there.

Later,
Old 04-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Regional Moderator

CRASH: if you make it out there, I'll show you! But, I didn't just fit it in there, I'm proud to say I fit it in there AND got 95% of the extra wires in there along with it!

It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I have no problems sliding it in and out to change channels if I need to.

Hope to see you out there. 77 degrees and sunny is the forecast for Sunday!
Old 04-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Glad to see a reflex thread going!
I picked up a reflex and a novarossi rs12 this winter and can't wait for racing to start here in minnesota!

So I was running it in a parking lot and a piece of glass out there got caught in the belt and now its two wheel drive
Handy tip- do a quick walkthrough of a parking lot before driving!
Also the middle belt looks pretty worn after about 5 tanks worth of driving.

Do the belts for the V-one work? Are they any more durable?
What other parts are compatable?
Old 04-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

i think it dose but i mite be wrong
Old 04-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Regional Moderator

srfreeman: the V-One R belts will work. But before you toss your current belt, understand that the reason it looks so worn on the outside is because its moving at very high speeds past a belt tensioner. After about 5 tanks, my belt looked horrible on the outside, but the inside and the teeth were in perfect shape.

When it does give out though, the V-One R belts are a good upgrade. They're wider and stronger.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Darkseid, I got a XXL Receiver and had Bill Sydor work on my receiver box for entrance and exit holes for the wires from the switch and steering servo. Looks good, I will be anxious to see how everything fits in there now. Alot more room with the XXL. Tried one of my extra XXTRA and was just as tight as my stock Airtronics receiver. Don't know how you did, but I will be anxious to see. Going to try and make it out there Sunday.

Later,
Old 04-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Regional Moderator

CRASH: we'll be out there by about 9:30am and we stay out there until we all get tired of running. Usually around 3pm or so.

Hope you make it out.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

I have a reflex also. I broke all three belts, one right after thee other on the last race of the season. I have just purchased kyosho option belts for the v1r. They are wider and have kevlar reiforcing.The other hop up I think is a must is the cast alumiunim middle belt mount, it reduces alot of the mid shaft flexing. The option front shock tower is also good. I have a set of the kyosho tcd diff gears i'm playing with, it's supposed to give somewhat of a limited slip, but costs less than a negative diff. Kyosho makes titanium self tapping flat head screws that fit the diff cases, good to reduce rotating mass. I would like to get the centax clutch for the ease of tuning engagement point for one way use, but not curantly in budget. The stock clutch works very well for me though. You need to check the servo saver it only lasts for one to one and a half seasons, not heavyduty enough for nitro. JEFF
Old 04-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

One more thing, I purchased the minimuim supports pack and it has just about everthing other than a chasis for about half the price.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

I really like my reflex it goes really good and has won a few races for me!

I have the following options:

alu center bulk
front one way
front blade sway bar
alu brake bar

other than that i think the car has enough option parts stock

this is the gear im running with my reflex....

RB X12 3 port.... soon to be RB X12 Rody tuned EFRA legal
mugen centax clutch (awesome!)
KO 2143 digital FET steering servo (best servo i have ever had)

The KO reciever i have fits nicely in the poor excuse for a reciever box so im happy with it...

thats just some things hanging off it right now.... should we post our setups people ? ?

i have an awesome setup for clean asphalt
Old 04-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Are most setups between a Reflex and a V-One R interchangable? They are almost the same car.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all the tips on the v-one parts. The car is great, I do think the alum brake lever would help a lot. Right now the molded one works fine but I think as the track temps and traction go up the molded piece wont cut it.

Mitch, could you post your setup? I'll be racing on asphalt with rubber tires. So far the car is stock with a Novarossi RS12 w/ trinity pipe and an airtronics 94258z.

Darksied, I see what your saying about the belt, but mine actually is the opposite! The outside looks ok, but the teeth look bad. I think the front tires are kicking up debris onto that middle belt and its getting between the pulley and the belt. Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking about trying to make some kind of small deflector out of lexan.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

i dont think my setup would help you out much cause its a foam tyre setup
Old 04-11-2003, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Belts

with the belts i use the kyosho V one R belts... they have been in my car since i started racing about 4 months ago and they dont even look used except for the middle belt.. but thats normal cause it runs across the belt tensioner....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.