trinity reflex >

trinity reflex

trinity reflex

Old 05-31-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: YESSIRREEEEE!!!

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Along with the parts support too!!

Just like everything else they USED TO market.
Personally I love my Reflex/V-1 R hybrid and will continue to run with it, if Trinity dumps it we should be able to pick up a spare car or two cheap!
Old 06-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Need setup help

running on prepared parking lot.

My general problem is not enough steering on throttle and at speed.

Setup (if not listed then , stock)

Front
60wt
green
Nitro shoes 40 26mm
one-way
toe - 1 out
ride 4.5-5mm
Caster 6 (i think)

Rear
40wt
green
diff 1000wt
Nitro shoes 40 30mm
toe - 2 in
shocks - all the way out
ride 4.5-5mm

any obvious suggestions?

Car works pretty good as it is, but I feel I could have more corner speed if I wouldn't have to let up so much to get into the corner
Old 06-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

I have sold the Reflex! i will miss the car but i have to move on i have an MTX 3 on the way
Old 06-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Need setup help

Originally posted by rodneybarrett
running on prepared parking lot.

My general problem is not enough steering on throttle and at speed.

Setup (if not listed then , stock)

Front
60wt
green
Nitro shoes 40 26mm
one-way
toe - 1 out
ride 4.5-5mm
Caster 6 (i think)

Rear
40wt
green
diff 1000wt
Nitro shoes 40 30mm
toe - 2 in
shocks - all the way out
ride 4.5-5mm

any obvious suggestions?

Car works pretty good as it is, but I feel I could have more corner speed if I wouldn't have to let up so much to get into the corner

What body are you running and what postion to you have the wing?

Alpha body has killer steering and if you move the wing forward you will get more high speed steering.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Not enough Steering?????

rodneybarrett;

That set-up should have GOBS of steering. Have you tried running ALL of the Caster clips in Front of the Arms (Arms to REAR of the Car). This will give you more On-Power Steering.

If your Track has alot of tight turns and a relatively short Main Straight (-100ft), you can INCREASE Rear Toe-in to make the Car to rotate better thru the turns.
On a High Speed track with fast sweeping turns, you need less rear toe (1-2 degs) or you'll push out wide under power.

You could also try ZERO Front toe. This will reduce turn-in and increase exit steering.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Re: Handling

If all the other suggestions don't solve your problems, try running 37 or even 35 shore front tires for additional bite. Check your tire wear front and rear to determine if you've dialed in enough front and rear negative camber. Our track is just as Pops described and my best setup is front -2 camber with 0 toe out, rear -3 camber -3 toe in. Even with all that my tires wear flat.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Thanks guys.

I am running a protoform status (not 2.0 version) body. Wing is at center position.

The track is very tight and small.

I will try the rear toe suggestion.

I did play with caster some but didn't notice much difference.

And have ordered some 35 fronts to see if that helps.

I hardly run any droop in front and in rear. Could I play with that.

Also, another person at the track changed to 5000 wt oil in the rear and he said it helped. Does that makes sense?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default tony montana

I raced in frederick HT.. I didnt want to change the car at the track. I put a new setup on, well lets just say i went back to my old setup...

Are you going to come to frederick this weekend ?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

i like my reflex alot .. but I'm waiting on the G4. Plus i need some time to get the Yok Sd working good for the onroad nats.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default noobie getting a reflex nt

hi guys,
i am just starting here, managed to find one 2nd hand reflex nt, and now waiting for the kit to be delivered.

i know very little bout rc n i've been reading here, and it seems that the nt is similar to the v1RR? anyone clarifies this please. Other than the belt what r some of the Kyosho parts can be used with the NT - a lot of LHS here carries Kyosho n not the NT!

i saw a few guys running this car at the local track (new), and they told me to get the reflex NT cause it is a prokit n easy to drive - so i started to look for one and got a half price deal on a 2nd hand kit.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Reflex vs V1R

kimi;

The BASIC Design of the two Cars is almost identical. MANY parts will interchange if done in pairs.
I've driven both the Standard V1R and own several RFX's and they drive very similar with the Reflex being more responsive due to the stiffer Chassis structure (Graphite pieces).
If comparing to the V1RR, I would think that there would be little if any differences (with identical set-ups) in handling.

Either one is a great Car. I would make Price and Support the deciding factors.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: noobie getting a reflex nt

In general, the suspension parts, drive train and belts of the two cars (RFX and V1R) are the same, it's the center sections (chassis, top deck, fuel tank and braces) that differ. Almost all of the K Factory brand hop ups for the V1R are the parts that come stock on the Reflex.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

I had been racing my reflex for the last 6 months and found that the V1RR owned me in corner speed, but i guess i could have got the speed back through some setup changes but i was having fun and since its my first race season i was just trying to learn how to drive

great car though... i came was coming first by far in my pro touring A final until the sidebelt came off and with a 5 port 12 u really notice it hehe came onto the back straight nailed the gas and started doing some nice doughnuts
Old 06-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Alot of guys running Reflexes at our tracks have had problems with the side belt, I switched to the Kyosho kevlar belt VZ-070 and have never had a problem.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New reflex owner

Hey guys I came arcoss a deal for a reflex two pipes and a starter box for 150 should i go for it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.