Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone got a tank?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Anyone got a tank?

I'm sorry I know this is off topic here. But since I visit this forum the most, and there doesn't seem to be one about tanks, I've decided to post it here. I've had my fun with TC cars and 4wd buggies. Now I'm seeking an interest in tanks. Haha I found it kind of funny myself too, to be interested in a tank.

I've been looking on ebay, and there seems to be a whole lot of the 1/16 scale tanks made by some marui company. I'm not sure of the quality of these things. They sound promising with the rotating turret/plastic tracks, shoot BBs, and only priced around $70. Then we have the Tamiya badboys that are in the $500+ price range.

Anyone ever own an RC tank and would like to share their opinion on it? Especially the tamiya ones, are they worth the price? And for that price, I expect the tank to be metal, but I'm doubting that.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's the thread on Tamiya 1/16 scale tanks. Sound like these guys are having a blast.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92913
Old 04-21-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey, if you go to rcuniverse, under the "car" forums scroll down and you will see an area for tanks. That is the largest and most used membership for all kinds of tanks I have ever seen. I personally have 6 now, 3 tamiya's, and 3 Heng Longs. Most of the Heng longs can be ordered from Mato Toys, check them out.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Heheh thanks a lot guys.