Wiki Posts
Search

PICCO P9 EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tdr170
The piston to top of cylinder is 3.33mm and the button was 3.14 to equal a .19 clearance so I will need a .31 shim to be at .5.
As you can see the button on my Picco is 3.33 not the .4-.6 you descibed not sure why.
I didn't say that.
I said exactly what you came up with, the difference after measuring the piston to top of liner, minus the headbutton depth should be around 0.2mm, you measured 0.19.....

So yes,adding 0.3mm of headshims, is what you should need te do....
Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Shims

Originally Posted by M7H
Nova's are more in the range of 0.6-0.7mm, Picco's are between 0.4 and 0.6....
That is indeed the difference in headbutton volume....

squish??
never heard of that word, in this context.... but if you say so?...
This is what I was refering to you said Picco's are between .4-.6.
I quess you were actually refering to clearance after shiming.
I just read it wrong so thanks now I can get the shims I need.

PS. There is always room for variance with these small #'s it may well be .2.

\
----->
Old 02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

I quess you were actually refering to clearance after shiming.

I was... enjoy, running the engine....
Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Clutch Spring

Does anyone know if the Kyosho clutch spring adjusting tool works on a Mugen.
They are about $7 dollars cheaper and I just wondered.

\
----->
Old 02-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey guys. All using the serpent 2052 pipe/header combo with the Picco p9r evo 2 best combo? Debating now as to what 8th onroad car to go with being I still have a while before my local tracks start up.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Hey guys. All using the serpent 2052 pipe/header combo with the Picco p9r evo 2 best combo? Debating now as to what 8th onroad car to go with being I still have a while before my local tracks start up.
I'd go with the Serpent 966, it a very solid car, it just won the Winternats, 5 out of 10 cars on the A, and 4 out of 5 finishers. It also won the Masters class

As far as which pipe for the Piccos, the 2013 is the best one for it, I tried the 2033, but the 2013 gives more power.

http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/pr...prod=S21200121

Last edited by nitrodude; 02-23-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

IF you have a local hobby shop that carries 1/8th parts that should be a factor in your car choice. Also, setup help from the other local guys would be a factor in your car choice. Aside from the setup help, no matter how many parts you have it always seems that you will need to borrow a part from somebody and if nobody runs the same car you are in trouble. That being said go with a Kyosho. If you want to discredit me for being one of their drivers then go with a Mugen. These are by far the most popular and most proven race platforms.

Using the argument about winning one race is really not very compelling , but I could list off the multiple national and world championships that Kyosho has. As a matter of fact Kyosho has as many or more 1/8th National and World Championships as the other manufacturers combined.

I will agree that the Sirio 2013 does seem to be the popular choice for the Picco .21 onroad engine.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Scott, whats up? Coming to the nitro challenge? I only made a sugestion, I didnt say get this or that car, I just told him what I would get. But then I am biased, as are you. I drove an M3 for 8 months, and then I bought a 960, and guess what, Im still on the original dogbones and solid axles, and I went tru 2 sets of those with the M3.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Hey Scott, whats up? Coming to the nitro challenge? I only made a sugestion, I didnt say get this or that car, I just told him what I would get. But then I am biased, as are you. I drove an M3 for 8 months, and then I bought a 960, and guess what, Im still on the original dogbones and solid axles, and I went tru 2 sets of those with the M3.
Hey Steven. I haven't decided for certain yet if I am coming, but I probably am. I can't comment on the longevity or any specifics regarding either car since I have never owned a Serpent and my M3 is still brand new.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Questions?? P9 EVO 2 Plug

Can someone lead me in the right direction, what is the diff between these three plugs.
Not sure if I will buy but the place where I can get the Sirio plugs is out of stock and there only 6.75.
But I still wondered after seeing this at Toro.
Attached Thumbnails PICCO P9 EVO 2-gp.jpg  
Old 02-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Nitrodude - Thanks for the info I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Scott - Thanks for your info as well. I've always had interest in Kyosho as far as design and looks. Never really drove one personally as I only have had my hands on a bone stock MTX-4, which with a personal setup of mine not far off from stock handled very well. Have you tried both cars? Any personal opinions of how they handle for you? Hehe, don't worry about the whole biased thing I know some guys who went to Kyosho after driving Mugen and some went with the NT1 (mainly after being sponsered). Still deciding though as to what class I'd be running. Being I've mainly raced the MRX4 a while back and won my first D main plaque I figured maybe progress in that class more...otherwise give sedan a shot.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Nitrodude - Thanks for the info I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Scott - Thanks for your info as well. I've always had interest in Kyosho as far as design and looks. Never really drove one personally as I only have had my hands on a bone stock MTX-4, which with a personal setup of mine not far off from stock handled very well. Have you tried both cars? Any personal opinions of how they handle for you? Hehe, don't worry about the whole biased thing I know some guys who went to Kyosho after driving Mugen and some went with the NT1 (mainly after being sponsered). Still deciding though as to what class I'd be running. Being I've mainly raced the MRX4 a while back and won my first D main plaque I figured maybe progress in that class more...otherwise give sedan a shot.
Actually with regards to 1/8th scale I have driven a Serpent 950R for about 5 mins and I have raced the MRX4R twice when I was with Mugen (back a few years ago). I have never driven the M3 yet.... soon, very soon. I have been running sedan pretty much all the time I have been running nitro onroad.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I used the the 2013 with the IDM which is basically a tuned P9R
Good Luck with your choice As I have ran both the M3 & now the New 966 both great cars
Old 02-26-2009, 01:48 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Can someone lead me in the right direction, what is the diff between these three plugs.
Not sure if I will buy but the place where I can get the Sirio plugs is out of stock and there only 6.75.
But I still wondered after seeing this at Toro.
All 3 plugs in your attached picture are the same, so there is no difference there, BUT:
If you check the GRP site and look at there product information, you can read about the difference....

Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wont the plus glow plug be damaged instantly from the piston hitting it? looks like it will...

also is there a thread for this yet?

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=12777

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.