Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak 13.5 Question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is a technique to make a 3 pin Deans connector.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Now I saw that a while back I like the way you glued them together. And the way you soldered the jumper great idea.
My brushed mode connector is 2 pieces.
What kind of glue. I actually thought that if I glued them with CA it wouldn't last
Is that an epoxy or CA?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is the technique I've used many times successfully:
  1. Using a dremel with a cutoff disc, cut a Deans connector in half. (The extra metal connector can be used later to short the brushed motor connector)
  2. Place some sandpaper (600 grit or so) face up on something flat.
  3. Lightly rough up the side of the connector that is to be CA'd, being careful not to change the angle of the connector.
  4. Using thin CA, glue the 2 connectors together (place them on something flat while holding them together so that the angles are flat)
  5. Take some backing soda and fill in the gap between the connectors.
  6. Drip a drop or 2 of thin CA into the center of the backing soda.

Backing soda and CA is a wonderful combination. You can see it a little bit in this picture. I use it for my batteries as well. It dries rock hard.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was wondering about the glue, it looks like an epoxy or something like that. COOL I will try it. Thanks.
Nice work and very detailed.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i solder female corrallys to the solder points on the motor and then put the corresponding coloured heatshrink on the tubes, so i dont wonder why its not working

and for brushed motors i solder 3 corrallys on a battery bar then solder that to the negative tab(harder then it sounds ). to run the postive solder a single corally tube to the tab, then(this is very confusing sorry) splice a bit of the positive wire that goes to the batt and solder in a female corraly tube and put a large piece of heatshrink around that. Then cut a piece of wire long enough to go from the postive motor tab and the corraly on the postive battery wire solder a male corraly to each end and vola ur GTB/motor has been corrallized

and a helpful hint for the sensor wire put a massive piece of heatshrink around it to group the wires and protect them