Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just a guess but maybe you can try a CRT.5 box, since they are roughly the same size and don't use a "hefty" motor it might be safer and lighter to carry.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Zoot, thanks bud, i doubt ill get a problem with any box as long as shes not flooded right?
annie, sure ill take a look at the crt box, but its just dependant on whats on UK shelves, bummer is i only sold a powerstart a few months back lol.

lee
Old 09-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

By the way...the OFNA starter box has a narrower wheel... it fits the opening in the chassis. The starter box for my 1/10th sedan was way too wide.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Some notes on the fuel tank conversion. It is actually pretty simple.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-spada-fuel-tank-mod-003.jpg  
Old 09-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am using a team magic box for mine. Same as sportwerks as well.
Has a narrow wheel, which was a pain to hit my truggy engine on.
My Ofna, and duratrax were too wide of wheels for the Spada.
The wheel width is the only issue in using a normal box.

Had mine screamin the other night. Ran like 12 tanks through it at the track.
Got the tank for the same Mod Zoot did. Cant wait for 15 minute run times!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,

New aftermarket chassis for the Spada...

http://www.redrc.net/2007/09/rony-pa...spada-and-nt1/
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

That is great!! I need a source that to buy from. I am not familar with RONY.

Ivan... Can you get this? Price? Availability?

This chassis should eliminate the need for any reinforcement. By the way.... has anyone taken a ruler to the bottom of your chassis. I noted about a 1/8" lift from the center drive bulkhead to the rear of the chassis. Since I didn't question this when I had a new chassis in my hands, I am wondering if the rear is bending up. Needless to say.. I have also braced that area to the center bulkheads.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The price for that chassis is 7500 Yen. Im not sure if we can do our normal %10 discount.
Alot of people worry that the engine will over heat with a carbon chassis. 7500 Yen is a little bit expansive to find out that the engine over heats. BUt it might be all right.
  With the bigger tank have you had any problems keep the engine cooled?
Just wondering as i am thinking about the larger tank for my Spada.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

I ran almost three tanks (at 15 minutes each) through the car and probably could have leaned it out more... but it was running great. The racing (blue) head and the fact that the engine wasn't starving for fuel most of the time kept it in the 180-190F range. Dave said he was running in the 205F range with the green head and the small tank. I am not too worried about the chassis with these temps. The larger tank means more time before the low tank leaning starts. You could run a 12 - 14 minute race and have full fuel pressure... I hope that Kyosho catches on... the larger tank makes the car much funner to race and run. Going from three pit stops in a seven minute race to no pit stops on 3/4 tank adds up to some considerable time not lost to fuel the car.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any Body went to get some parts or glow plug.
i Can get some from them!!

http://www.rc-union.com/index.php?cP...88_684_825_871

Ready to order some patrs but went to know where an get the 09 sirion parts??
Old 09-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
I ran almost three tanks (at 15 minutes each) through the car and probably could have leaned it out more... but it was running great. The racing (blue) head and the fact that the engine wasn't starving for fuel most of the time kept it in the 180-190F range. Dave said he was running in the 205F range with the green head and the small tank. I am not too worried about the chassis with these temps. The larger tank means more time before the low tank leaning starts. You could run a 12 - 14 minute race and have full fuel pressure... I hope that Kyosho catches on... the larger tank makes the car much funner to race and run. Going from three pit stops in a seven minute race to no pit stops on 3/4 tank adds up to some considerable time not lost to fuel the car.
You seem to have this thought through. I might be jumping on the Zoot bandwagon.

Well we got a few chassis`s from Rony today. It was cool as the owner dropped them off at the shop. The chassis`s are 2mm and are slightly shaped different as the get a little more narrow on the reciever side of the chassis.The front screw for the reciever mount is very near the edge. Almost to the point of the counter sink breaking the edge of the chassis. ITs not a big deal but just a small difference.
The chassis is stiff even at 2mm and looks to be well made. I will be getting one after i do the larger tank conversion. and finish a M Chassis race that i have later this month.

On different note im haveing problems getting the dog bones and one way cups from Kyosho. Just a heads up as its one of the parts that i buy alot. Right now i dont have any in stock.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Paid for mine this morning, Ivan many thanks buddy, your help is second to none and youll be getting all my business from here on supporting this cool little chassis.

lee
Old 09-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Lee.... you will not regret getting that car. You may want to watch some funny movies ... to get the smiling muscles ready. Once I leaned out the motor and adjusted the shift point it just made me grin.... adding the Losi fuel tank and looking at my watch after 15 minutes of non-stop running had me giggling.... it is a blast....
Old 09-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Zoot, im eager to get hold of it buddy, its been a while since i raced anything at all nevermind a crazy 1/12 gas chassis lol.
Bummer is, all the circuits here in the UK i used to race on a few years back have all but died due to noise abatements, even the mighty Tibshelf is gone.
Nevermind, ill just carve up the super smooth parking lot round the corner from me till a track does re surface and i can get this thing into competition.
I saw a few vids on youtube, too cool, ill have to post some up hopefully soon, along with any mods i may do to the car!

bests.....lee
Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Here's another company producing aftermarket parts for the Spada, these looks really promising.

http://www.redrc.net/2007/09/honest-...rts/#more-5619

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.