Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

servo is futaba s9451 plenty of power, in seems brakes just fade
Old 10-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G87z
Check back a few pages on this thread. A few people are using the Kyosho pads. I am going to switch to the blue pads, they are supposed to be the best the mugen has to offer. ha-ha. What throttle/brake servo are you using? Possibly it does not have enough torque?
Actually, the blue pads are stock pads, and the yellow are the teflon pads, the teflon being better as it will not soak up the oil and fuel. I have yet to try the kyosho pads, but they look promising. Also, I know that the NT1 uses pads manufactured by real 1:1 brake pads manufacture. I used to use these pads on my car (Ferodo) great pads that don't fade, but emits a lot of brake dust . However I don't know if the NT1 pads are interchangeable with the mugen setup.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardns
servo is futaba s9451 plenty of power, in seems brakes just fade
Are you using any drag break? I never experienced any fade and I was using the stock black brake pads. At my local track we use alot of brake also. I also use the same servo.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I use the blue pads and still get brake fade.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Baedarlboo
Actually, the blue pads are stock pads, and the yellow are the teflon pads, the teflon being better as it will not soak up the oil and fuel. I have yet to try the kyosho pads, but they look promising. Also, I know that the NT1 uses pads manufactured by real 1:1 brake pads manufacture. I used to use these pads on my car (Ferodo) great pads that don't fade, but emits a lot of brake dust . However I don't know if the NT1 pads are interchangeable with the mugen setup.
Ok, on my MTX4R parts sheet it says the black ones are stock and the blue are OPT. But thats neither here nor there. I have seen the NT1 pads also. It would be nice if they were interchangeable. Anyone else happen to have any input? there seems to be alot of brake fade going on with the mugen brakes.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G87z
Ok, on my MTX4R parts sheet it says the black ones are stock and the blue are OPT. But thats neither here nor there. I have seen the NT1 pads also. It would be nice if they were interchangeable. Anyone else happen to have any input? there seems to be alot of brake fade going on with the mugen brakes.
Hah, I stand corrected, the black ones are stock....
either way, all three of them fade....
Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

One idea could be to use the mbx6 pads but you would have to use the std disk rotor not the prospec one. the MBX6 pads are pre bonded pads like the K car ones, And so far in the MBX6 they have a more modulated feel.
Cheers
Braz.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Baedarlboo
Hah, I stand corrected, the black ones are stock....
either way, all three of them fade....
Wait. if you are using the brakes u aren't going fast enough.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
KNACK
R CONV. KIT

This past weekend I saw a Kyosho done with this conversion and it was a blast to watch. The car was wicked fast and handled better then 1/8th scales out there. Anyone do this to there mugen yet?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
This past weekend I saw a Kyosho done with this conversion and it was a blast to watch. The car was wicked fast and handled better then 1/8th scales out there. Anyone do this to there mugen yet?
Yes, there are a few at our local track. As you said, they're a blast to watch. They move like an 8th scale car and can go full on most of the time.

One of the guys running this goes full pegged most of the time, he runs out of fuel just a bit after the 3 minute mark. (not that it make any difference )
Old 10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Trust me the nt1 pads r the biggest P.O.S i have ever used.
Try the serpent pads, u wont be dissapointed, u may have to do some dremmeling though.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ron C.
Yes, there are a few at our local track. As you said, they're a blast to watch. They move like an 8th scale car and can go full on most of the time.

One of the guys running this goes full pegged most of the time, he runs out of fuel just a bit after the 3 minute mark. (not that it make any difference )
Can we use our sedan 30mm rears in the front?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Trust me the nt1 pads r the biggest P.O.S i have ever used.
Try the serpent pads, u wont be dissapointed, u may have to do some dremmeling though.
A buddy of mine drives a nt1 and he said the same thing. I think hes gonna try the kyosho ones..
Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Can we use our sedan 30mm rears in the front?
Although they're both 30mm, the offsets are different.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Whats up Scott, is the Kyosho thread slow tonight? lol

I know some people strip gears for unexplainable reasons but they forgot to mention jumping the car over chicanes, hitting a few boards here and there. lol

Looking forward to seeing you at the K.O. race...
I never had a problem with it in my car , race after race after race. (short track) Then took the exact same car , same setup , motor etc etc to a large grippy track with long straights and the gear stripped in about 10 minutes of during a fool around test session.

But anyhow Ive been out of the scene for a little , from what I saw mugen has new gears....not to beat a dead horse if it has been but are these effective for the stripping issue, were they made for the issue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.