Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

I've always use LRP speedo's with brushed motors and have never had any issues other than user error.

My Sphere Comp w/ 4 Star has bee giving me fits. I get about 4 minutes into a qually and the motor just shuts down. I run it it a Lazer ZX-5 geared conservatively 16/78 and there is plenty of ventilation (running the Bullet body with all vents cut out). When I turn the switch on an off the motor comes back. The sensor wire is conected well. Arggg....

Can anyone help.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott S.
How many different message boards did you post your hate message on???
So what? Forums were made, at first, to share opinions.

I had problems with the German LRP aftersales services when I was in Europe. I can understand he's pissed like I was. They just do not care a sh**. If you can read German, I still have the emails.

Ryan McBee is just part of LRP statistics "business". Less return + less replacement = more money. How smart people... or sad little business.

I feel more concerned about Associated beeing connected with LRP.

Hopefully, there are other brands on the market... .

Originally Posted by travymoto1
I've always use LRP speedo's with brushed motors and have never had any issues other than user error.
That's right, you're the best.

Have fun,

Mannekenpis.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I HAVE A LRP COMP WITH A 3 STAR HAD IT ABOUT A MONTH JUST LAST WEEK THE MOTOR STOPPED WHEN I HIT THE THROTTLE AND PUSH THE CAR IT WILL RUN ONCE IT COME TO A STOP ITS DEAD AGAIN I HAVE IT ALL BOXED UP AND READY TO SEND IT OUT I AM REALLY HOPE FOR A FAST TURNAROUND THIS REALLY S***S WELL LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I never said they haven't had problems.... Like Novak has never had problems. They all have had problems but as I said they got another shipment in last week and are trying to fill backorders.The Shpere comp 2007 is brand new to the market and they dont have any more of the old Sphere comp's. IMO going to every message board and spreading a hate message to slam a company is re-tarded and probally a good reason as to why he got it back un-repaired. Stupidity has its price....he paid it.

This is just my opinion not that of AE's
Old 04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Ryan is a good fellow, he races at my track. He loves the sport and would love to be racing.
As I stated before I've had a gripe with LRP myself. Namely availability. I could mention the phantom Quantum Competition 3. The tag line was that they were concentrating on the new Sphere line. Well where are they? I've sold a lot of the GTX's because people got tired of waiting. I'm no fan of Novak, but I don't want people not racing at my track because they don't have the gear they need (don't even get me started on Losi Pink Tapers and Trinity Bomb Ones).
Seems to me that they should spend less $ on advertising and more on expanding production and distribution.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Scott,
Look at it how you want, there is a difference between slamming and telling a story. I felt that I owed it to my fellow RC racers to share my experience. There are other Vendors out there that make speed contollers and the customer has a choice. Your entitled to your opinion and welcome to it!!
Thanks!
Ryan
Old 04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

mfishel- I totally agree with you on the whole thing of the company's being out of stuff...If something sells good make alot of it to supply the customers...if you dont have it you can't sell it. I feel for Ryan not being able to race that sucks! But dont start a thread "LRP SUCKS" that just is not needed. Typically a letter to the company works the best..e-mails just get lost or forgotten. Did he contact the place where he bought it?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Scott S.
mfishel- I totally agree with you on the whole thing of the company's being out of stuff...If something sells good make alot of it to supply the customers...if you dont have it you can't sell it. I feel for Ryan not being able to race that sucks! But dont start a thread "LRP SUCKS" that just is not needed. Typically a letter to the company works the best..e-mails just get lost or forgotten. Did he contact the place where he bought it?
Scott,
I did write and call the company. If you read my whole post you will see where I contacted Stormer.
Ryan
Old 04-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have had a similar experience with my LRP Sphere.

Ran it for the first race last October. It ran awesome. I was super stoked. During my first main it took off totally out of control! Yes.....I had an electric runaway! lol. Somebody grabbed it and poof.....magic smoke! My local hobby shop sent it in and within one week I had a new one in hand. Great service!

I installed the new one. Turned on the switch....poof....magic smoke. Didn't even get a chance to run it. Sent it in right away along with an lrp comp. 2 charger that had issues.

These were sent in in November 2006. It is now April 2007. I still do not have my stuff back. My hobby shop did speak with them in Feb. 07 and they informed him that there was not a problem with either of my products and they would be returned without being repaired. They must have not even looked at them because I can assure you they did not work. I am still waiting for my ESC and charger.

That lack of communication and poor customer service is not acceptable. Lrp has lost me as a customer forever.

Ryan, I can totally relate to your situation. Sorry you had to deal with that!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default woulda wrote the same

Woulda wrote the same title for my thread too!! Ok maybe changed a little to "lrp's service people suck" Had a problem with the motor within the WARRANTY and they would not replace it! They said it was from crash damage because there was a scar on the can (come on nothing is that brittle ,and if it is don't sell it). Except I informed them that the motor had a problem from the beginning and I was forced to run it because I did not have a choice on raceday (which is where the scar comes from). I've been in this hobby for twelve years and have a good clue of whats going on and all i know is that this was warranty issue. Instead of being helpfull the service people I spoke to basically said tough luck. and oh yeah this all takes place over a two month period!! have now switched to novak and mamba and have had issues with both and had them service and backed to me within 2 weeks and had friendly knowledgable people the whole time. With all things that make insane power there are going to problems its who takes care of them in a professional manner that counts.
And scott I have a lot of respect for you and have seen a ton of your posts and I have to say ryan is in the right to be p----d there service sucks. the product seems to be great (mayfield at the classic) but my moneys on people that care.
Blake