Wiki Posts
Search

take this one way and shove it! going back to the geared front diff

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

so the question is - do u want to good brakes with so-so steering
or great steering with bad brakes?

for racing - i mean the actual driving techniques amd mechanics of getting around the track - the 1 way is it - but as we all know at some point (4 me lots of pts!) u have to stop NOW!

and i don't always run at a track - i like to bash around at the local parking lot also - don't we all? u really need good brakes on a crowded lot!

get 2 cars right? - i'm neither a. as addicted as others and b. not as wealthly....

still can't decide which is best.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cybertoolzz
Not quite as simple as that, because, as everyone has been saying, you drive a car equipped with a one way in very different manner than you would drive a car with a front differential. They both have advantages, but at any permanent nitro track, a one-way should be used, for fastest laptimes.

If you run in a parking lot, I would just use a diff. There is no reason to use a one-way in a parking lot. It is just too dangerous for your car. Why can't you just take out the one-way when you bash and use the one-way when you race?
Old 04-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cybertoolzz
I'll take good steering and bad brakes any day before the other way round but then again I dont use brakes.

Driving a one-way is a totally different style. It is best used for attacking a track. With a one-way being used properly you should only be off power for a very short time in corners and you should be well into the corner before you release the throttle.

As for being the fastest way around a track - I definately dont agree. It is far faster than ordinary diffs but solid axles are a lot faster than one-ways.

If you can, try using solid axles front and rear. These will suit the smaller track better than the one-way and rear diff and you will get the same attacking style while having better control.