Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many has wife/girl that hates RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

I must be listed among the lucky ones!
Been married since May 1987, and in Christmas 1987 she bought me my first ever rc car: a Marui Toyota LC!
Since then, we got a daughter (now 20), and later a son, now 15, who is actively racing/bashing with his very own rc cars, trucks, buggies, you name it, alongside me, mainly in the Greek RCGT 17.5T class and 4wd mod buggy!
Two years ago, in August 2009, she let us boyz buy a (very expensive, indeed, as you all know!) HPI Baja!
In the summer of 2010, she managed to make family economic arrangements so that we can afford my trip to go alone and race at the 2010 RC Bike Worlds in France. I rode my real '98 BMW R1100GS motorcycle there, all the way from Greece! Oh yes, she supports that too: Real bikes! We got two of them! (A '01 KTM200 enduro, too).
This last Christmas she bought me my latest (11th, to be exact!) rc bike: A Thunder Tiger SB-5! Not to mention the 20some cars lying on our home shelves...
Oh, and she already does her financial magic, as we speak, so, most probably, we can afford me to attend the 2011 RC Bike Worlds in Switzerland with the new "toy"!

So, definitely, I am among the luckiest guys out there!
Attached Thumbnails How many has wife/girl that hates RC-stel_oph_ktm.jpg   How many has wife/girl that hates RC-stel_oph_bmw.jpg   How many has wife/girl that hates RC-img_3229.jpg   How many has wife/girl that hates RC-ellini-symmetoxi-2.jpg  
Old 03-12-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

It's not RC that they hate, it's the time and money you spend on it, that could be going to spending time and money with them. If you decided one day to quit RC and take up another hobby, chances are they would complain about that too. So here are the 2 possible causes:

1) They are being overly selfish and overreacting. You really don't spend too much time/money on RC and they are still upset. In this case, probably time to find another woman.

2) They are right to be mad. You are spending too much time/money on RC. If this is a person you really love and want to be with it's time to make some compromises.

If you need help deciding which you are, take out a piece of paper and write down how much time/money you've spent on RC in the past month, then do the same for the time/money spent with your woman. The results may surprise you.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Been with my missus for 17 years now, and she has been to 1 race meeting, and that's it! She only went to that one because a fellow racer's wife was going, and they both went off shopping for the day anyway! She moans like hell with anything to do with RC racing, and she would probably moan about anything else that I was spending time and money on to be honest!!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

My wife hates it. It's not a rational thing, as I only race 1 day per month, and don't go out with the boys etc.