Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Venting!!!

To night I had one of the worst night that i've had in a long time now. I qualified 3rd in the A-mail. My car was a TQ car, the driver was a third place driver. I couln't get into a grouve. The main started fine I was about 1 second behind 2nd. I was closing in a tenth of a second per lap. Then "bam"..
A marshall was getting a car takin care of. When he jumped on the track, he landed on the front of my car. He just popped of a front ball cup. He got it fixed, It took 38 seconds to fix it though. That Hurt!!! I was dropped back on the track in last place. The silver lining in this situation, was that the last 10 laps I ran the best laps from the hole night by anybody out that night. Average times were 16.5s-16.9s.
But being so upset I ran 15.7, 15.7, 15.7, 15.6, 15.7, 15.7, 15.8, 15.7, 16.4, 15.9. I made it back up to 4th and within 1.5 seconds of third. I then became angry at my self. It took a marshall stepping on my car to get me into a mood that made drive with a purpos. Thous lap times are in me. I need to find the speed in a different no stepping on the car kinds way. I can't be upset with the marshell, he was trying to get another car that was on its lid. The marshell just took a step back and onto my car. I feel that I could have chased down 2nd place, and possibly 1st. I'm not angry at the marshell, everybody makes mistakes. Looking forward for next saterday.
Doug
Old 03-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

that happens all the time theres nothing you can do about it. at least you did not get hit in the head bye a xxx4 in the mod claass. i was bent down filping over a wrecked car and bam a car came of a jump wrong and got me right in the back of the head and i went down. my right side was numb for about a week. also have you ever had to turn marshell onroad cars now that sucks. i quit racing onroad carpet beacuse of the marsheling beacuse people get so crappy. and its scary to run out in front of a mod tc.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

"The dark side I sense in you."

Last edited by Scrubb; 06-10-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scrubb
"The dark side I sense in you."
He is running a losi!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To respond as the second place finisher, Dougg you have had a bad spell of luck these past couple of weeks. Between you, me and Danny there has been only a few seconds difference in qualifying. I would be just as frustrated but time will show we all will endure these issues at some point. The worst part is you and Ben are able to pull some of the fastest lap times But when someone ie; me, you, Danny and or anyone else capable that night of running a near flawless run, unfortunately as both of us know is difficult to catch back up to. I think once the track changes again in a few weeks tables will shift again. The reason I love racing stock at mhor is we have those of us who run so close. Not even mod has been as much fun to watch as what races we have run. Also for those reading this post we had a drivers challenge, and if I could explain that race on a forum, and the comeback Dougg had up to the finish line, there was only a split second between him and I! Anyhoo, Dougg I will have to talk some crap from here out since you stated I don't do enough of that at the track
Old 03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

if stepping on your stuff makes you a better driver, then just send me your car and i'll step all over it and then send it back. if you like, i can really stomp on it enough to make you want to win the worlds.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

reminds me of when someone FELL on my buggy on my last lap. it crunched the front shock tower, bent a shock and made it burst, and stripped my servo. but, i kept driving, it could barely steer. i finished 4th, lol.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Heck yea i could kick it a bit for you. between me and dirtracer you'll never lose another race after we get done with your car.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Hell if it works it might be worth the shipping cost.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

English please.