Wiki Posts
Search

TA05 keeping up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I liked the Sorex tires. I only got a chance to run RP30's 1 time and I really like the performance. I do not know what the wear would have been.

I did run the CS32 a few times when the track got really hot. Those tires you would not normally have in your tire bag.

Rob Tim will have some tires he will loan you. He is such a nice guy.
On carpet they hold up well, though they do give up their best laps after a short while. I'd guess you can get maybe 6-8 runs with the tires' best grip, then after that they seem to drop a little bit(which honestly isn't much different from many other good tires, including CS-27's, IMO) but stay good for a long time(I've run some for as long as a month & a half & still felt they were ok to race with, though I do tend to damage wheels a bit too much to know how much longer they can go than that), I'll tend to break wheels before I feel the tire's not raceable with them.....
Old 03-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Champion

I was breaking C hubs on my tc3 a bit, so I got the ta05 and its been great on foams,or rubber on carpet. This car is dialled with foams and additive, I had a LOT of grip.

I did get a 3racing graphite chassis and shock towers for mine though to get rid of the chassis flex the standard chassis has.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yub, yub, cmdr!
How about on carpet?
On carpet the car has been as good as anything else out there.

It responds extremely well to set up changes. Most importantly, unlike some of these other cars, its nearly impossible to dial yourself out of handling well or get 'lost' in set ups. So once you find a setup you like, you can feel free to experiment with different setups all you want, and always know that you can go back to what worked and the car will snap right back into what you remember.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I first had a T2R, and it was a great car, but way too sensitive to any slight setup changes. Ended up getting rid of it and got a TA-05, and now it ended up replacing my TRF415. While I cannot beat my 415's lap times, the times are a lot more consistent, and I'd rather run a little less than a second slower if all the times are consistent. I am running on carpet, and while the chassis does have a bit of flex in it, it exhibits little body roll. If Tamiya makes a graphite upper deck for it, it'll run with anything out there on carpet.