Wiki Posts
Search

Non turbo Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default Non turbo Engine?

hey guys,

my local track wont allow turbo engines, which engine would be best for a 1/10th sedan???(non turbo?)

thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

When they say not allow a Turbo engine ,find out if they are referring to turbo head button or turbo crankshaft as these are two different things.
The Turbo crank i can understand as that falls under the ROAR/EFRA/IFMAR rullings but head button is OK no matter where you run.

Sure some more experienced guys will add or correct me.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

If it happens to be really non turbo head -- I've had a really good time using a an rb concept v12 . The basic 3 port version costs around 200$ and is a good engine for the price.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow ???

So your local track does not want to follow ROAR legal rules? You might want to ask the track organizer why that is. Of course it is up to each local track as to what rules to follow, but I would at least question to see if they are just following old ROAR rules. Just a thought.

BH
Old 03-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Last year, I ran a Novarossi NS12S3 A1 non turbo motor. I was happy with it. I ran 20% Odonnell's and it held its own. Compression was unholy! It had great mid and was 100% reliable. Never once last year did it flame out. I ran it on small technical tracks to Big super fast tracks. It did everything well. I had it in a Serpent 710.