Wiki Posts
Search

- NOVAROSSI's new site!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default - NOVAROSSI's new site!

okey guys, I'm probably the first one who have seen it :P
but the new website of NR looks really different!

altrough I only see the message ''we are uploading our new site, please come back in 30 minutes'' but the design is..wow!

what do you guys think of it??
Old 03-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.novarossi.it

It really depends on what criteria you're asking us to respond on. I always look for Web sites that provide detailed and comparative information on their products so that I can choose the right product based on my requirements.

As an example... when I go to the pipes page, all I see is a list of pipes. I see nothing on performance or what type of track each pipe would be good for.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Looks cool.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
http://www.novarossi.it

It really depends on what criteria you're asking us to respond on. I always look for Web sites that provide detailed and comparative information on their products so that I can choose the right product based on my requirements.

As an example... when I go to the pipes page, all I see is a list of pipes. I see nothing on performance or what type of track each pipe would be good for.

Just my 2 cents...
thats a little complicated to make such a list, coz every engine respond differently to any given pipe.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by team novarossi
thats a little complicated to make such a list, coz every engine respond differently to any given pipe.
True, every engine responds differently.

Let's say that I'm running a PLUS 12-3SCT on a technical track that is 220 x 60 ft (~ 73 x 20 m) with only one 200 ft back straight. What pipe(s) would you recommend that I try?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

It looks kinda basic but that's good. But they should definitely put an skip button in that flash intro. Its really annoying and as rmdhawaii says a little more product info would be nice. but its definitely an improvement over the old web page.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like the change. I do agree with Ice_nl, a skip button would be nice on the intro page.

Also, rmdhawaii is right on about providing a little more information on the different pipes, low end, high end, mid range performance, fuel consumption, etc…

Finally, I have a new JP Mod Plus 12-3. The Plus 12-3S, Plus 12-3T and the Plus 12-3 appears to be the same engine by the description. The answer is probably buried in the nitro engine zone but what is the difference?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JB04
I like the change. I do agree with Ice_nl, a skip button would be nice on the intro page.

Also, rmdhawaii is right on about providing a little more information on the different pipes, low end, high end, mid range performance, fuel consumption, etc…

Finally, I have a new JP Mod Plus 12-3. The Plus 12-3S, Plus 12-3T and the Plus 12-3 appears to be the same engine by the description. The answer is probably buried in the nitro engine zone but what is the difference?

Thanks
Man you got some serious horsepower
Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

But---it would be nice to state why we offer this pipe, how is it better different from our other models. How is any racer able to choose which pipe might be the best for their situation when there is zero info available. I am looking for a new 1/8 and 1/10 pipe and went to the site last week and left without any information that could help me choose the right pipe.

I don't think when you guys make a new pipe and sit in the design room and then don't discuss any performance aspects of the new vs. the old products. Of course you do but why would you not provide "just a little insight" to your customers that buy these products.

I love Novarossi engines----but zero info on pipes is not what I expect from the best engine builders.

Thanks,

Tom

PS: In ten minutes this info could be added to the site, by someone that could in general terms describe the basic characteristics and performance aspects of the various pipes.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Have you looked at the RB site?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thats a good point and I agree. they should put up some kind of info for the pipes. but that really doesnt have much to do with the new website, all the info on the site is the same as before, the only thing that has changed is the design.

Overall i dont like it. the flash should be skipable all in all its not really needed. It should be at the top of the site in the space of the banner. At the point where it lets you choose between italian and english isnt very good, I ended up clicking on heat sinks and nothing happened, did this a couple of times before i realized i was supposed to click on one of the flags. the news page is two columns that go from top to bottom then left to right, it would be better as the conventional single column top to bottom thing. the first products page is so-so, again its like the page where you are supposed to pick your language, i guess its not intuitive enough. if your mouse didnt change shape when you mouse over it, you wouldnt know to click. the product pages after you click are nice. I like the borders and template for each page. the banner should be a bigger novarossi graphic instead of a small picture.

anyway yeah thats what i think about it. Im not a professional web designer or anything, but I have been to the end of the internet.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I kind of think that the "Best Engine Builders in the World" would have consulted the "Best Web Designers in the World" to provide us with an informitive site that would give more information about engines, pipes, headers and plugs to produce the most power for the racers who are supporting them...... At least on the old site, we could get more information on the engines and parts.

Come on Novarossi, do you think that we are a bunch of smucks. With the engines companies out there now giving you a run for the money in our pockets, the way to win us over is to give us the information that racers want. Facts that we can feel in power on the track. Real information on the engines, not like it has 1.62HP. Hell, I don't think anybody has seen a .12 yet give that kind of power, not even after "Grinder" gets done with it.

Don't get me wrong, I like Novarossi, and I have had at least a couple dozen of them, but the last time I bought a novarossi it had a half mm guauge down the side of the piston and it took me 4 months to get a piston and sleeve for it, that I had to buy. I wrote novarossi and called them on this. The only response I got from them was and email that said: "our engines don't even have dust in them."

So with your web-site looking like your customer service, I guess I wouldn't expect much more.

What I would like to see is information on how the engines perform with combinations of plugs, %nitro, shims, base needle settings, headers and pipes, to produce the best combinations. Give us information overload that maybe a few will take advantage of. What good does a product do when you have to buy 3 different pipes and 3 different headers and spend hours testing for yourself the feel the effects when you as a manufacture should already have this information readily available for us.

I can by a Chevy crate motor for my streetrod and The manufacture will tell me what I need to know on how to get the most from the engine. Why can't you give us that kind of information, or is it some guarded secret locked away in that "Dust Free" environment you live in?

Hmmm....Overall..........I'M NOT IMPRESSED!

So as of today, you won't see a novarossi engine in my car, I will run Ninja, Mega, or something else, anything but a Novarossi until you get your act together. Not by asking us what we think about a site that looks like a chess board.

Last edited by rcfoolz; 03-15-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Oh, I don't get it. Somebody please help me, is this a joke?

Look at the F.A.Q. pages.

this is the information on:

How do I break in the engine?
Your idle speed adjustment screw is incorrectly tuned. When you apply full brakes, the carburetor opening must not be completely shut off. .

and there is more, just take a look. Again, NOT IMPRESSED. You would think that the Website would have been proof read, updated and then released. If they took this attitude with the web site, do you think they might have overlooked something that shouldn't have left the factory?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

The 'new' site is a complete joke. From the premier manufacturer of high performace model car engines to release something like this, is a crime. The old site was bad but this is terrible; Formatting of the pages is soo bad, graphics are squashed and stretched, the content is laughably incomplete, links dont work etc etc. Theres just so many things wrong with it, i dont have time to write it, and the fact that they announced they were working on it a few months back when it looks like a almost a days work was put into it. When i saw it first i thought my PC had gone into a time warp and i was back in the mid 90's! Novarossi, please hire someone who knows what they're doing before more damage is done to your brand identity. Hard to believe someone within the company gave this the go ahead.

Rant over.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

I'm starting to think that they don't care if they have a Web site or not - or how it looks. Some companies are like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.