Kyosho V-One R and GRP Version

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-One R and GRP Version

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 03:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks NR! Once again you have been more than helpful. I edited that post after you first reply - your too fast!
Is there any advantage to V1R hopped up to similar spec as Pro Mugen? It seems to be much dearer. Centax is much dearer than set of wheels+tire.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

perhap out of the topic but i'm working out the cost for getting this beast running and was wondering wat teh best pipe would suit a Novarossi or RB .12 engine?
Old 11-21-2001, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by SHARP
Thanks NR! Once again you have been more than helpful. I edited that post after you first reply - your too fast!
Is there any advantage to V1R hopped up to similar spec as Pro Mugen? It seems to be much dearer. Centax is much dearer than set of wheels+tire.
To be honest, I must admit the V-One-R has made a bigger impression here in Australia then the Mugen.

Most recently, It won the QLD titles (by a long way), and dominated the Top Ten.

Last week at the Australian National Championships, it took out top position (TQ), led for the whole race, but crashed out in the last 5 minutes of the finals.

Old 11-21-2001, 03:32 AM
Tech Champion

I find Novarossi is very active on V1R related thread these days.

Novarossi: are you interested to switch to Kyosho umbella?
Old 11-21-2001, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

To be honest, I must admit the V-One-R has made a bigger impression here in Australia then the Mugen.

Most recently, It won the QLD titles (by a long way), and dominated the Top Ten.

Last week at the Australian National Championships, it took out top position (TQ), led for the whole race, but crashed out in the last 5 minutes of the finals.

The cars that dominate the top races here are always your Impluses/MTX-2s/V-One-Rs.

All 3 cars have won State Events this year, so it just goes to show how close they are.

Old 11-21-2001, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

I find Novarossi is very active on V1R related thread these days.

Novarossi: are you interested to switch to Kyosho umbella?
NEVER!!

Not like you Moon (can't decide between both, so has both!)

If you were here, us Team Mugen here drivers would reject you
Old 11-21-2001, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

novarossi - the GRP kit has been available for a while, walter has one, i spoke to rudy, his is one, steve bought one (i saw the box)

the diff between theirs and mine is the grp has one way, swaybars, foams. your probably thinking of the V-One RR.

trust me, they have GRP kits
Old 11-21-2001, 03:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by nitro dave
novarossi - the GRP kit has been available for a while, walter has one, i spoke to rudy, his is one, steve bought one (i saw the box)

the diff between theirs and mine is the grp has one way, swaybars, foams. your probably thinking of the V-One RR.

trust me, they have GRP kits
yes, there are UFOs on earth !!
Old 11-21-2001, 03:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Don't tell me you prefer V1R over MTX-2! From reading other messages form you it seems you have just recently gotten a new Pro-Spec. Also what do you think of RB engines? As good as Nova or Mugen? When and where was QLD titles held, where did you place?

Last edited by SHARP; 11-21-2001 at 03:40 AM.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi

NEVER!!

Not like you Moon (can't decide between both, so has both!)

If you were here, us Team Mugen here drivers would reject you
oh well man, fortunately i am not there, I am here !
Old 11-21-2001, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

I'll be switching. Even driving a V1R with 4 degree front toe out I got better handling feel than the MTX-2.

Ebay here I come.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by taybelZ
perhap out of the topic but i'm working out the cost for getting this beast running and was wondering wat teh best pipe would suit a Novarossi or RB .12 engine?
my Paris turbo ring pipe works great with my RB x12T !!
Old 11-21-2001, 03:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder
I'll be switching. Even driving a V1R with 4 degree front toe out I got better handling feel than the MTX-2.

Ebay here I come.
another kick out bun from team MUGEN??
Old 11-21-2001, 03:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

can anyone help me with the engines?
read above 2
Old 11-21-2001, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Don't tell me you prefer V1R over MTX-2! From reading other messages form you it seems you have just recently gotten a new Pro-Spec. Also what do you think of RB engines? As good as Nova or Mugen? Where was QLD titles held, where did you place?
Ok, I lay off Kyoshos

Dave, I never knew they were available. So they are V-One-R with what extras?

Sharp,
I prefer Mugen any day over Kyosho, but just giving you a fair outline between the two cars. Most people who own Mugens will say 'get mugen' and most that own Kyoshos will say like wise.

Just do the following :

-Research how much parts are in your area and how easy is it to order parts.

-What car is more popular at the track, and which is the better performer (eg certain cars handle better on certain tracks)

Novarossi actually manufacturer the parts for 99% of all engines on the market. Novarossi actually takes credit for RB's Championship wins on its website.

At the moment, the quickest legal RB is the X12, which is about 1.15hp. The quickest legal Novarossi is the JP Modified RS-12 (which pushes about 1.4hp)
I would love to try RB (good friends with the distributor here) but until they bring something out which generates the same power (which is legal not like there 5 port), I'll stick to Novarossi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.