Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Ntc3 Rtr Break In? >

Ntc3 Rtr Break In?

Ntc3 Rtr Break In?

Old 03-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default Ntc3 Rtr Break In?

Can you guys give me some tips or info about breaking in the NTC3 RTR properly. because i have heard a bunch of different things, and i want to hear what you guys have to say because you guys have been into rc for a while.

Thanks,
David
Old 03-26-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

this is how i break in my engines

i set my throttle epa to 1/2 full throttle (i dont know if you can do this on your radio but most radios have it) this limits me to 1/2 throttle for the entire break-in

i then start engine and drive it around like i would any other time (except now limited to 1/2 throttle)

after about 1 min if the engine has run this long i lean high speed needle gradually untill the engine runs at about 200F then i finish the tank

after engine is done running i make certain the piston isnt stuck at top dead center meaning flywheel can be easily turned and let it cool

i will run 6-10 tanks through at 1/2 throttle and 200F letting the engine cool between tanks

after that i open throttle to 100% and tune engine

alot of guys will tell you to idle a couple of tanks through before driving but i usually skip that step and go straight to driving

the main thing is to heat cyle the engine up to around 200F a few times
Old 03-26-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Ntc3 Rtr Break In?

Originally posted by dvargas
Can you guys give me some tips or info about breaking in the NTC3 RTR properly. because i have heard a bunch of different things, and i want to hear what you guys have to say because you guys have been into rc for a while.

Thanks,
David
David,
Just follow the step by step procedure in the manual that came with it. Believe me you will not go wrong. It's my first nitro car and before I upgraded the engine to novarossi, I consumed 5 gallons already in the stock ae .12 engine and its still working fine. I think the key is patience so dont be in a hurry and you will be fine.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you thefuzzclub, i agree with you.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

i need to add this, when you move to a bigger engine, if you were to decide on a rossi pixy, strip the engine as far as the clitchbell, flywheel, and everything.

if not you'll have nothing but trouble. ive had my pixy for months and ive finally got it working on my car because i stripped the stock engine

one thing the kit doesnt have over the rtr, i dont think the kit ha he right collet and stuff to run that motor