Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Colorado tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Colorado tracks?

Hey guys, Im looking to start up rc car/truck racing again (it's been 10 years, about time to get back into it) I wanted to see if anyone knew of any offroad tracks in Colorado (preferably around Ft.Collins =/ ) I'd appreciate any info.

Aaron
Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I believe the only thing goin on in Ft Collins is the HobbyTown, on College just north of Harmony on the east side of the street, behind the Applebees or Chili's that's there. But - it's parking lot racing in the summertime only. I heard a while ago, that there was supposed to be a new offroad club/track in Cheyenne, but couldn't tell you any more about it.

In Colorado, for indoor electric offroad year-round, your options are:
MHOR in Aurora
High Desert R/C in Grand Junction

For Outdoor offroad in the summer, and primarly just gas:
Rat Raceway in Downtown Denver just north of LoDo/Coors Field
DirtWorks in Burlington, CO
Rocky Mountain R/C, the one on Boatworks Drive in Littleton has an outdoor track, it's off C470 & Quebec.

hope that helps!

Last edited by Lars Johnson; 03-07-2007 at 02:39 PM. Reason: i forgot one........
Old 03-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the news, I completely forgot about Wyoming- not a far drive at all from where I'm at. You're right about Tower Hobbies, onroad racing. The Greeley store I saw was onroad/carpet and also had a dirt oval but no offroad tracks..I might have to just settle for onroad =/
Old 03-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone raced/practiced at A.J.'s Raceway in Laramie, Wyoming? Only other offroad track "close" to where I live in Colorado, other option is going to Denver or Boulder I guess