Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KAWIDAD
Yes. I really like it on my sc10 & c4. It takes alot of slop out of steering. I havnt had mine in to long,but have heard that the bearings become a little loose when they have been in for awhile. I read a post that if that becomes a problem justb drop a bit of CA around bearings then all is well. Hope this helps
Yes it does thank You. but for what that thing cost. you should not have to patch it up with CA glue. if that's the case the $11 price tag is way too much if the quality is not there
Old 12-09-2013, 07:35 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team G Racing
PW,

What are the screw sizes included and what do they replace from the current ones in the kit? Thank you

Also, will AMain be receiving then anytime soon?
I actually don't know the lengths, but 4 screws to hold the tower to the bulkhead, 2 for the alloy wing mounts, and the longest one is for the transmission case. This replaces the stock caphead screw for extra clearance from the tower.
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-c4_tranny.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 07:45 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
I ordered a set of the new JC ballcups for my B44.2. If I want the maximum durability should I use the traditional round or wedge ballcups on a B44.2?
The wedge style would be the most durable; remember to pre-thread them.

Does the carbon fiber steering rack really help the b4.1. What will it do for it?
I don't think it's something that is going to change handling, but will give you a smoother, tighter steering rack. It is recommended to seal (thin CA) the graphite edges, but not a must. It's not a case of quality as all graphite has open edges that benefit from being sealed.

if i like green v1 barcodes in the rear and barcodes in the front of 2wd buggy, what would you suggest for 8th scale buggy?
I would suggest Green Hybrids .
Old 12-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

PW, do have an eta for the narrow rear pivots for the c4.2?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:09 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C.Borgia
PW, do have an eta for the narrow rear pivots for the c4.2?
Unfortunately I don't, but I can assure you we are moving as fast as possible on them. I'm hoping for the end of this month or certainly start of Jan.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks! The JConcepts price point (what I saw on tower) has me waiting to purchase your product instead the competitor's. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

what are the differences between 1/8th hybrids and black jackets? are the pin height and spacing the same?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

PW
I just ordered the jc steering rack. You say it's best to seal the hole rack were the bearings go and the outside edges also?
Old 12-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
PW
I just ordered the jc steering rack. You say it's best to seal the hole rack were the bearings go and the outside edges also?
The steering rack is the real deal! Make sure you CA the outside and inside (bearing holes). Just wet a cue tip with medium JC CA. You'll have to press the bearings into the carbon, but you'll be amazed at how much slop you just got rid of.

Mike
Old 12-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quick question... I have a set of Gold Barcodes for 1/8 that are in perfect running condition tread wise but the rims have a few cracks in them. Will doing an acetone bath damage the tire compound? or dry them out? Not worried about the foams as I have extra foams to put in.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:13 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
PW
The steering rack is the real deal! Make sure you CA the outside and inside (bearing holes). Just wet a cue tip with medium JC CA. You'll have to press the bearings into the carbon, but you'll be amazed at how much slop you just got rid of.
Correct; Mike's post sums it up perfect .

Quick question... I have a set of Gold Barcodes for 1/8 that are in perfect running condition tread wise but the rims have a few cracks in them. Will doing an acetone bath damage the tire compound? or dry them out? Not worried about the foams as I have extra foams to put in.
Golds and Acetone are a bad combo! You could cut the tire off the wheel with a fresh straight blade or exacto, but be careful .
Old 12-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Hey paul, not trying to rush you guys, but you think you could speed up the process on a soft case for a DX4r Pro, I mean the radio has been out for almost a month now!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:10 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Captcha
Hey paul, not trying to rush you guys, but you think you could speed up the process on a soft case for a DX4r Pro, I mean the radio has been out for almost a month now!
Sure thing....I'll grab me a fresh blade, some foam, and start knocking them out ASAP . All the new cars can wait for bodies...
Old 12-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just an idea, sell the radio bags without foams to use as pit/storage bags. I use mine for tires, chargers, electronics etc. I've got about 7 so far, it's amazing how many tires they hold....maybe 18 SC tires!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PW
Sure thing....I'll grab me a fresh blade, some foam, and start knocking them out ASAP . All the new cars can wait for bodies...
All I require is a Serpent Spyder finisher, some serpent spyder front wheels, and a dx4r soft case. Maybe throw in some shirts and a towel. Lmao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.