Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Paul, I am looking for a front tire with a little less steering. I know that part of my problem is set-up but I am traction rolling quite a bit. I have a set of green Rips with closed cell foams and a set of blue Rips with stock foams on a B4. I am looking for a tire where there is a little less intial turn in traction? The green Rips work a little better but I still have to watch what I am doing in the one very high speed corner. The track is very high bite indoor clay, The Ohio RC Factory.
Blake
Old 10-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PW
Yes; end of this week.
Glad I waited
Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
Paul, I am looking for a front tire with a little less steering. I know that part of my problem is set-up but I am traction rolling quite a bit. I have a set of green Rips with closed cell foams and a set of blue Rips with stock foams on a B4. I am looking for a tire where there is a little less intial turn in traction? The green Rips work a little better but I still have to watch what I am doing in the one very high speed corner. The track is very high bite indoor clay, The Ohio RC Factory.
Blake
I find that Bar Codes can some times smooth out my car compared to a rib front tire. Have you tried a blue Bar Code or maybe an orange compound rib front?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hows it going P-Dub? I want to get a couple of the small JC racing bags but havent seen them in stock for a while. Do you know when they will be in stock?
Old 10-31-2011, 04:09 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mandy116
Hows it going P-Dub? I want to get a couple of the small JC racing bags but havent seen them in stock for a while. Do you know when they will be in stock?
I'm thinking the end of this month, but will have to double check.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeakemedia
Blake
I was also having that problem this past weekend at The Ohio RC Factory. I went to Blue Barcodes and that initial 'turn in' smoothed right out.

JP
Old 11-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just finished painting/cutting/mounting the new 0222 HiFlow body on my SCTE and I love the look, love the vents but I need to comment on a couple things.

1) On a SCTE with stock-offset wheels, it's not even close to covering the front tires. At a race with the, "body must cover the tires" rule, even the most liberal/blind tech guy would have a very, very hard time looking the other way as this one came through.
2) I used the dimples as labeled for the SCTE and because the front tires don't really fit under the body, I have to run the front end of the body absurdly high or go to about -10 front camber to get them under as the suspension compresses or the body hits the tires bad. Thankfully I didn't cut the front of the body to the trim line but after getting everything settled on the car, I still have room under the grill sticker for a whole additional grill sticker to fill the gap before the top of the front bumper. FWIW, this is with Barcode tires and not anything wider.

I'd love to see the body massaged a bit to get a better fit on the SCTE or introduce a separate, "first ever SCTE-specific racing, flow-style" body for the SCTE.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

PW, when are the new mono 12mm hex wheels(in yellow) and hexes going to be available for the b4?? I NEED them.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone tried the new Hazard +3mm offset wheels on the SC10 2wd? anything jump out handling wise?

Looking to convert to 12 mm hex, and wondering if its worth it to wait for the white hazards.

Thanks, Krom.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
PW, when are the new mono 12mm hex wheels(in yellow) and hexes going to be available for the b4?? I NEED them.

Thanks
I second that...I need white ones bad. I have been holding off buying anything else because I only want to run these wheels. Also, I would like to know (if possible) when the alum hex's will be available. Any info would be great...thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kromulous
Anyone tried the new Hazard +3mm offset wheels on the SC10 2wd? anything jump out handling wise?

Looking to convert to 12 mm hex, and wondering if its worth it to wait for the white hazards.

Thanks, Krom.
I just did the conversion with the AE SC10RS parts. It was easy. The front doesn't have height adjustment with the new design. In terms of handling it was slightly better and more planted than before. I didn't change the set-up but I plan to shorten the rear camber link. I had good side bite it jumped great. It also looks much cooler too. Love the Hazard wheels. I just need another 4 sets or more!!!! LOL.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls

Thanks
i thought you were a 22 man now?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MarkA
I just finished painting/cutting/mounting the new 0222 HiFlow body on my SCTE and I love the look, love the vents but I need to comment on a couple things.

1) On a SCTE with stock-offset wheels, it's not even close to covering the front tires. At a race with the, "body must cover the tires" rule, even the most liberal/blind tech guy would have a very, very hard time looking the other way as this one came through.
2) I used the dimples as labeled for the SCTE and because the front tires don't really fit under the body, I have to run the front end of the body absurdly high or go to about -10 front camber to get them under as the suspension compresses or the body hits the tires bad. Thankfully I didn't cut the front of the body to the trim line but after getting everything settled on the car, I still have room under the grill sticker for a whole additional grill sticker to fill the gap before the top of the front bumper. FWIW, this is with Barcode tires and not anything wider.

I'd love to see the body massaged a bit to get a better fit on the SCTE or introduce a separate, "first ever SCTE-specific racing, flow-style" body for the SCTE.
Unfortunately the SCTE is slightly wider than the limit of 296mm when running Bar Codes and the like. We will keep this in mind when making our next SCT body.

We are shooting for the first of Dec. They (Losi & AE wheels) are scheduled to make their debut at the 5th Annual JConcepts Clash . There will also be a few new releases/surprises during the event .

The +3 Hazard wheels make a big difference in stability on med/high-bite conditions. White Hazards are scheduled for the end of the month.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA

You should see mine with slash front offset wheels.... It funny... Almost looks like a big stadium truck.. Or "Racing Truck"...
Old 11-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

@ PW, thanks. Cant wait for the white ones for indoor.

Any time line on the aluminum hex's for the SC10 to be back in stock? the plastic ones from Associated look suspect at best. Plus i like the clamp design, very nice feature.

Thanks, Krom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.