Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
All of the bodies go through an extensive testing process and I'm sure that they addressed any issues of that nature. One thing that you don't realize is that each body line increases the strength, ie...the fender flares and the wing mirror area in addition to the fender shape itself.
I fully realize how the body lines effect the strength, I'm not new to stress analysis. You are looking at relatively shallow lines there, with only a small amount of material in the fender area. The body will certainly flex in that area, it's obviously the most flexable area of the design as there's a relatively straight line across the shallowest concave section of the body. It will crack when it flexes there, it's just a matter of how soon. If it's anything like the Jcon bodies I tried on my truggies(that I'm sure was also extensively tested ) it will be much sooner than later. Like I said, It's a hella cool looking body and I will likely buy one based on that alone, but I can tell you right now there's a very high likelyhood there's gonna be issues with cracking there. Anyone buying one better plan on doing some creative reinforcement.

The last truck body i seen designed like that was the MBX5 truggy, and it had disastrous cracking issues in that area. I realize the slash is half the weight, but it is what it is. I also realize it's your job to promote Jcon products so I'll take your comment about what you think I know in context.

Last edited by Ridley; 01-19-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:40 AM
PW
Tech Elite

WOW...

Anyways...Your paint is looking dialed Jim and we look forward to seeing you at the track again!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

did u change the material u use for your ballcups? i used them like a year ago when they first came out and they where dialed, i bought more new ones put them on and the suck, (sorry haha dont want to offend anybody!) i broke two and then they are poping off super easy.

i mean the old ones worked AMAZING i never had issues with them. i got the florescent yellow ones.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX
did u change the material u use for your ballcups? i used them like a year ago when they first came out and they where dialed, i bought more new ones put them on and the suck, (sorry haha dont want to offend anybody!) i broke two and then they are poping off super easy.

i mean the old ones worked AMAZING i never had issues with them. i got the florescent yellow ones.
Sorry to hear that, but we haven't changed anything. Maybe your just going faster now .
Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Does the jconcepts dare body for the slash come with any stickers for headlights or anything ? I just recieved one in the mail and all i got was window masks , headlight masks , and masks for the lights. Cant wait to get this thing painted up , wish it woulda came with some nice stickers though...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
...wish it woulda came with some nice stickers though...
made my own headlights...
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-frontsc10sm.jpg  
Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

nice man i may have to do the same...
Old 01-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
Does the jconcepts dare body for the slash come with any stickers for headlights or anything ? I just recieved one in the mail and all i got was window masks , headlight masks , and masks for the lights. Cant wait to get this thing painted up , wish it woulda came with some nice stickers though...
You should have some included blackout headlight and grill decals. These are probably what you might be confusing as the masks for the lights. They are cut to the shape and size of the headlight and grill area but are straight black in color. They will look similar to what Sage has in his post.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ridley
I fully realize how the body lines effect the strength, I'm not new to stress analysis. You are looking at relatively shallow lines there, with only a small amount of material in the fender area. The body will certainly flex in that area, it's obviously the most flexable area of the design as there's a relatively straight line across the shallowest concave section of the body. It will crack when it flexes there, it's just a matter of how soon. If it's anything like the Jcon bodies I tried on my truggies(that I'm sure was also extensively tested ) it will be much sooner than later. Like I said, It's a hella cool looking body and I will likely buy one based on that alone, but I can tell you right now there's a very high likelyhood there's gonna be issues with cracking there. Anyone buying one better plan on doing some creative reinforcement.

The last truck body i seen designed like that was the MBX5 truggy, and it had disastrous cracking issues in that area. I realize the slash is half the weight, but it is what it is. I also realize it's your job to promote Jcon products so I'll take your comment about what you think I know in context.
Everyones an expert... Even better than all this just crash half as often and your bodies will last twice as long!!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jason Ruona
You should have some included blackout headlight and grill decals. These are probably what you might be confusing as the masks for the lights. They are cut to the shape and size of the headlight and grill area but are straight black in color. They will look similar to what Sage has in his post.
Yes i have a the straight black decals , i thought they were to mask the headlights and all that , i didnt use them anyway to do that but i really didnt want to use them as my decals, Wish it woulda came with some nice jconcepts headlights and stickers ohwell i prob have some laying around someplace from an older car. Thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Thanks P-Dub, Jeremy is looking forward to it. I am getting a platinum Slash to play with while we are there...We are just doing club races though.

As far as body durability goes, JConcepts bodies are great, but my Slash bodies from Traxxas always bend in at the rear of the front fender area. JConcepst ones were less of a problem then the OEM's.
I will add a body post in that area, liek touring cars do sometimes, once I get the new truck, since it will likely happen with any brand due to the pick up body being realistic. Most likely to the battery hold down or someplace like that...have to look at it for some ideas.

Anyone done this yet have ideas?

...Jim
W.E.D.
Get Faster Gear
www.wedjim.com
Old 01-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello,

I have the slash overtray, which works very well. However, I find that if you attach the tray using the tab and screws from the bumper, then it makes accessing anything under the tray very difficult. Would it be possible to include a recessed corner at the front of the tray, which would allow the tray the clear the body mount and open up like a hinge? Almost like a reverse hood hinge. Thanks =)
Old 01-20-2010, 05:34 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by darksharkman
Hello,

I have the slash overtray, which works very well. However, I find that if you attach the tray using the tab and screws from the bumper, then it makes accessing anything under the tray very difficult. Would it be possible to include a recessed corner at the front of the tray, which would allow the tray the clear the body mount and open up like a hinge? Almost like a reverse hood hinge. Thanks =)
A running change has already been made .
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gizzo101
Even better than all this just crash half as often and your bodies will last twice as long!!
Best peice of info on rctech right thererotflmao
Old 01-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Awesome, glad to hear they are improving on the existing design. When might we expect to see the new design?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.