Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Just wanted to send a thanks out to Jconcepts by making an awesome product and letting me win the Region 5 ROAR race.
I tqed 2wd and won truck using JC tires.

Thanks again guys
Old 09-23-2009, 06:59 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DanGriffin
Just wanted to send a thanks out to Jconcepts by making an awesome product and letting me win the Region 5 ROAR race.
I tqed 2wd and won truck using JC tires.

Thanks again guys
Congrats Dan; well done!!!!

Do you happen to have any photos and or a short race report; if so then PM me.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi, just picked up a set of double dee's for my 1/10th 4wd buggy. I saw that the foam inserts are the same width for front and rear. Do I need to cut it to fit the fronts or just use it as is? If anyone has a tip, please let me know. Thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Hi, just picked up a set of double dee's for my 1/10th 4wd buggy. I saw that the foam inserts are the same width for front and rear. Do I need to cut it to fit the fronts or just use it as is? If anyone has a tip, please let me know. Thanks
Cut it to be slightly larger than the tire.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

1/10th T4 Standard Axles Wheels Now Available!

Rulux - T4 rear wheel - (standard axle) – avaialable in white or fluorescent yellow
Part # - 3315
(fits T4 standard axle)

Associated T4 owners can breathe a sigh of relief, JConcepts - Rulux T4 rear standard axle wheels are here. Rulux wheels make a statement with their large appearance; spoke design and superior inner rib design. Rulux wheels also incorporate an outer glue catch that resists excess glue from running down the wheel face during the gluing process. All JConcepts wheels are branded with the small JC logo for brand identification and authenticity.

Features:

•Original JConcepts styling and detail
•4 wheels included per package
•Race inspired design
•Available in bright white and fluorescent yellow
•Vent holes
•Durable material

Old 09-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I just finished gluing up 12 pair of your QC t4 rear wheels last night (i run them front and rear) thanks to the new QC front hub setup from Dirtyword R/c. It was the first time i did not have to dremel a tire to take off flashing around the bead and i just realized i didnt glue any of my fingers to a wheel or tire! Which was a 1st because i always glue myself to what im gluing

so yall must have done something right with the wheels and it was nice just being able to wipe them down and glue them up, really takes alot of the hassles out of it

thanks

here is a picture with some mounted on my truck and a couple of bags of tires...
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-track-097.jpg  
Old 09-25-2009, 02:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Can some one from JConcetps clarify a couple things about the Clash?

The entry form states that open short course has a motor limit of 17.5, but this page states that the motor limit is 10.5.

Are modified short course tires legal? e.g. can the center of a 1/8 buggy Barcode tire be cut out and glued to normal short course sidewalls?

Also, mod electric must use a control tire, but stock classes do not? So stock electric can use any tire and insert?

And the final question, do all control tires have to be bought at the event or can we bring our own?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:07 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CCristo
Can some one from JConcetps clarify a couple things about the Clash?

The entry form states that open short course has a motor limit of 17.5, but this page states that the motor limit is 10.5.

Are modified short course tires legal? e.g. can the center of a 1/8 buggy Barcode tire be cut out and glued to normal short course sidewalls?

Also, mod electric must use a control tire, but stock classes do not? So stock electric can use any tire and insert?

And the final question, do all control tires have to be bought at the event or can we bring our own?
Open SCT class will have a 10.5 or higher motor limit. There should be an updated entry form very soon.

No modified tires in SCT; has to be a purpose made, uncut 2.2/3.0 SCT tire.

Stock buggy/truck is open tire and insert.

You can supply your own JConcepts spec tires for the Mod classes.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

On the truck bar codes do you mount the v tread to the outside or inside?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Midnight
On the truck bar codes do you mount the v tread to the outside or inside?

This is straight off the website:

Bar Codes:

Much work was put into the details of the Bar Code truck tire so that customers would have more than one mounting option. After many months of testing we determined that in the rear the "Y" side bars should be mounted on the outside of the wheel. This typically results in more side bite and the truck being more stable from the rear. We recommend that the "Y" shaped bars be mounted on the inside of the wheel in front as this provides the truck with more initial bite/turn in. Although we tested on many surfaces/conditions, please experiment with these mounted in different directions to best suit your local track/condition.

Hope this helps........

Hey Andy, I actually built my truck.....
Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

just got my first set of gold barcodes front and rear and relux rims. just a quick question with glueing them... do i have to cut a bit of the bead off the tire like i did for the losi tires on the b4 rims? and do i need to but the edges of the foams off too?
thanks for the help.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Coooool....

Old 09-26-2009, 04:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Strike body when please?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:10 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by not home
just got my first set of gold barcodes front and rear and relux rims. just a quick question with glueing them... do i have to cut a bit of the bead off the tire like i did for the losi tires on the b4 rims? and do i need to but the edges of the foams off too?
thanks for the help.
I have never had to trim the JConcepts tires for the wheel. Fits great. The foam is up to you. Personally, I trim a little off of the outer corner.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

just got some jc goosebumps for my sc10, anyone run the stock foams or moldeds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.