Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Picco JLR Red Dot

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Ofna Picco JLR Red Dot

Hey, I am looking at the (Ofna) Picco JLR .12 Red Dot and had a couple of questions, does anyone currently run this motor and if so I have noticed that you can see the ring of the sleeve from a space between the head and the crank case. I only can find one pic of this motor on the web can anyone send me pics of diffrent angles. Thanks http://www.ofna.com/eng-jlr-red-dot.html
Old 02-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/home.htm

has a small picture of the motor from the other side and it looks the same. You can see the ring.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, anyone have any pics of this motor installed? Personal opinions from experience running this motor.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

ok i am not sure how fast the stock one is but i know the murnan jl .12 red dot is a ballistic missle but anything uriah touches is a rocket so i am not sure about the stock motor is ( get a murnan modified) hope this helps
Old 02-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

The OFNA Picco JLR does not need to be touched to be fast. Touching the motor can actually harm its performance according to some.

Many many people here on the west coast are running this motor in their sedans, and it is definitely ballistic. People who run these motors always leave with the impression of WOW on their faces after leaving the drivers stand.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

my first time using the motor today. very impressed. strong running motor. once tuned didnt have to touch it all day. would defenitly recommend. for the price! this is the motor to get. Kamikazetoysandhobbies.com is THE place!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

what's the price for these motors?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I used the motor in W-nats Modded by Murnan Modifieds...The motor was ultra ballistic...very consistent....Murnan does great work. I will also be running the same motor at our next state race this weekedend..The same Murnan...I will keep all informed if intersted...
Old 02-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pioneer
what's the price for these motors?
About $200

We will have to wait for the Ninja .12 to be released but as it stands now the JLR Red Dot is the best .12 motor for the money out there without a doubt in my mind.

Robert you live here in the South Florida area so I wanted to ask where you find Werks fuel or do you just order it from Werks? I wouldn't mind trying it and comparing it to my current fuel which is Byron's.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Congratulations to Austin for being TQ and for winning the race with his 720 powered by an off the shelf box stock JL Red Dot motor at todays race in Tampa Florida, Good job my man
Old 02-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Way to go Austin...if you need a little more juice in it just send it to Murnan
Old 02-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
I used the motor in W-nats Modded by Murnan Modifieds...The motor was ultra ballistic...very consistent....Murnan does great work. I will also be running the same motor at our next state race this weekedend..The same Murnan...I will keep all informed if intersted...
Hey Robert,
If you can, find out when Uriah will release his modified version, and what the price will be?! I'm a fan of OFNA and race one of their cars. It would be great to finally run a competitive engine distributed by them.
Also, great job racing at the winter nats. Best of luck this season
Regards
Old 02-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by shocker360
Hey Robert,
If you can, find out when Uriah will release his modified version, and what the price will be?! I'm a fan of OFNA and race one of their cars. It would be great to finally run a competitive engine distributed by them.
Also, great job racing at the winter nats. Best of luck this season
Regards

Thank you very much...........I would just
Keep an eye out on his Website..murnanmodified.com....if I hear anything I will definitely let you know
Old 02-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Robert,

Which pipe/header do you run with this engine?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Adept

I have seen the motor for $180.00 at several locations.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/eng,_ofna_picco.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.