Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reedy Race of Champions >

Reedy Race of Champions

Reedy Race of Champions

Old 04-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
It always seems like plenty of flat area is available during the Xgames at Staples Center.
Staples/City is doing some major building in that area... The parking lots where they use to setup the big ramps and stuff is now a big Hole.... But yeah Xgames would be ideal
Old 04-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by edseb
A venue like X-Games would be great. Young crowd with disposable income and time on their hands. Also, with ESPN's dollars, the track could be nice visually. Compared to how much they spend on some of the events for set-up, it would be nothing. Carpet track indoors, 1/8th nitro outdoors.
So make some phone calls Carl.......

What up.

Jeff
Old 04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mb racer
anybody know when or about when the List of Drivers will be posted ????
Sorry for the delay in getting this answered.

The entry deadline is April 30, 2007. Entries will be selected by a lottery drawing from the entries that were received by April 30, 2007. After the lottery, we will be posting the list of drivers who have made it into the race.

Good Luck to everyone
Boomer
Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
Sorry for the delay in getting this answered.

The entry deadline is April 30, 2007. Entries will be selected by a lottery drawing from the entries that were received by April 30, 2007. After the lottery, we will be posting the list of drivers who have made it into the race.

Good Luck to everyone
Boomer
Hey Boomer,

When is the deadline for guys that made a-main ? . I didnt see that info on the Tamiya site..

Thanks Charlie Albrecht
Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Hey Boomer,

When is the deadline for guys that made a-main ? . I didnt see that info on the Tamiya site..

Thanks Charlie Albrecht

Hey Charlie,
I will get this answer posted by tomorrow.

Boomer
Old 04-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Suspended

Hey Charlie,
I will get this answer posted by tomorrow.

Boomer

Thanks Playa
Old 04-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Boomer,

Thanks Charlie Albrecht
April 1st.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey BOOMER !!! thanks for the reply ... be nice to see you in Cali !!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Boomer- Based on the entries you have so far and from years past do you for see a "waiting" list this year?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
So make some phone calls Carl.......

What up.

Jeff
I'll try and call Steve Astephen at the Familie (Action Sports Agency) and maybe pick his brain. He helped get the Mega Ramp built as a new event and also helped with getting Rally Racing introduced. Of course it helps when a manufacturer is behind the idea because it brings in Corporate backing and support for the idea. In those cases Ken Block at DC (former owner and President) wanted to showcase Danny Way and Travis Pastrana's talents (they are sponsored by DC) and by exposing them to a bigger audience they stand a better chance of marketing their own name in events they are almost guaranteed to do well at. Before I do that I would have to make it skewed in a way to make it viable as a televised event or just a spectator thing. There are two types of things at X-Games, the events and then the booths that are sold as space at the event. ESPN is only interested in televising events that show appeal to non-participants (speed climbing was dropped due to lack of viewer interest). A different way is to make it a spectator thing with no televised coverage. This is much easier and less complicated. Since it won't be televised there is no need to worry about space/time allotments for event coordination with cameras/production, but it reaches a much smaller audience. Televised events reach millions, unlike walking traffic which reaches only 100,000s. Still seems like 100,000s is a lot to us, but to a company like ESPN those numbers are insignificant. And, to tell you the truth, I only have limited experience in the area, so I would have to lean on others who may find RC stuff not that important. But who knows, it's happened before.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
April 1st.

Im out

So ya gunna make it out Mr. CO Jones...
Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im out

So ya gunna make it out Mr. CO Jones...
A little late for an April fools joke, sorry.
Entry is on the way.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by edseb
I'll try and call Steve Astephen at the Familie (Action Sports Agency) and maybe pick his brain. He helped get the Mega Ramp built as a new event and also helped with getting Rally Racing introduced. Of course it helps when a manufacturer is behind the idea because it brings in Corporate backing and support for the idea. In those cases Ken Block at DC (former owner and President) wanted to showcase Danny Way and Travis Pastrana's talents (they are sponsored by DC) and by exposing them to a bigger audience they stand a better chance of marketing their own name in events they are almost guaranteed to do well at. Before I do that I would have to make it skewed in a way to make it viable as a televised event or just a spectator thing. There are two types of things at X-Games, the events and then the booths that are sold as space at the event. ESPN is only interested in televising events that show appeal to non-participants (speed climbing was dropped due to lack of viewer interest). A different way is to make it a spectator thing with no televised coverage. This is much easier and less complicated. Since it won't be televised there is no need to worry about space/time allotments for event coordination with cameras/production, but it reaches a much smaller audience. Televised events reach millions, unlike walking traffic which reaches only 100,000s. Still seems like 100,000s is a lot to us, but to a company like ESPN those numbers are insignificant. And, to tell you the truth, I only have limited experience in the area, so I would have to lean on others who may find RC stuff not that important. But who knows, it's happened before.
BTW, I know you were just jokin, but who knows.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
Boomer- Based on the entries you have so far and from years past do you for see a "waiting" list this year?
We were not involved with the entry side of things last year, So I can not base my decsions off of past years. I would think with this being one the last opportunities for people to race at the Tamiya America track, it would make the demand pretty high. Entries are pouring in and we expect a full field.

I am working on getting the answer for the deadline for the "A" main drivers but have not got a response yet. As soon as I find out I will post it here.

Boomer
Old 04-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

We were not involved with the entry side of things last year, So I can not base my decsions off of past years. I would think with this being one the last opportunities for people to race at the Tamiya America track, it would make the demand pretty high. Entries are pouring in and we expect a full field.

I am working on getting the answer for the deadline for the "A" main drivers but have not got a response yet. As soon as I find out I will post it here.

Boomer
Come on Boomer, just make a stand, and make the decision everyone has to abide by the new "Boomer Rules"!
how about a list of received entries?
a growing list before the lottery?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.