Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Diff cases went together slick as snot. I even left the shims as they were in my hand done diff cases. I think the diffs spin freer inside the cases. I could REALLY make them spin free if I remove a few more shims, but I prefer the diffs with tight tolerances. Personal preference. SInce these have not been run yet-Im sure after a couple packs they will free-up even more-they always do!!!

I am not looking for spin time-just a very free feeling and these have it.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RBLove
Howard,

Only the diff cases for me and possibly a top deck. Testing the top deck this weekend.
Oh to bad your missing out
Old 10-01-2003, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Top deck

Is there a way to use the top deck with the tub chassis?
Old 10-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

yes you can i have done it and didnt see adifference the stock tub is stiff enough when left alone!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

for the upper deck what car are you talking about trying it on??? and also what car were those diff cases for??? about how much did it free you diff up??? like on scale 1-10
Old 10-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Josh, he was talking about the TC3, and the diff cases make a huge difference.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

for the upper deck what car are you talking about trying it on??? and also what car were those diff cases for??? about how much did it free you diff up??? like on scale 1-10
The car is a TC3.

The diff cases are for the Tc3 as well. If you compare them to a set of brand new diffs, the improvement is a 10.5 in freeing it up. HUGE!!!

But unlike hand dremeling them-the Warpspeed method is very accurate-its actually line bored then all the screw holes have helicoils so that they wont strip out!!! helicoils are metal threads-if you dont know....

If you compare it to say my hand done diff cases-then its a 4 or 5 improvement. But remember that I spent hours on my diff cases and have done quite a few over the years.

I just installed mine last night-no work, no muss-no fuss. Opened the package and installed them-aaahhhh!!
Old 10-02-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Basic setup.

Hello everybody!

We have just moved indoors for the winter season and I’m having a terrible time setting up the D1 for carpet with rubber tires. I have spent two days at the track and still FAR from happy with how it’s working.

Does anyone have a good basic setup for a medium size carpet track with medium grip, fairly technical layout with a couple of hairpins.

I use CS27 and Sorex 28/32’s. I also use a one-way.

I was thinking of ditching the one way but then I tried this others guy’s Yokomo SD SSG, also with a one way. And it was WAY better to drive. I tried to adopt his setup to the DEMON but no luck. It still felt the same...

What I’m looking for is basically lots of turn in and stability in the corner exit

BTW, I mainly race stock.

I’m at the point of thinking there’s something basically wrong with the car, whatever I do it feels sluggish, numb and it spins out midway through the corners (not in the sweeper though).

The over steering is still what puzzles me the most. No matter what I do it still over steers.

All setup advice is appreciated, but first and foremost I’m looking for a good basic setup to work from.

Anyone?
Old 10-02-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Basic setup.

Originally posted by OleC
Hello everybody!

We have just moved indoors for the winter season and I’m having a terrible time setting up the D1 for carpet with rubber tires. I have spent two days at the track and still FAR from happy with how it’s working.

Does anyone have a good basic setup for a medium size carpet track with medium grip, fairly technical layout with a couple of hairpins.

I use CS27 and Sorex 28/32’s. I also use a one-way.

I was thinking of ditching the one way but then I tried this others guy’s Yokomo SD SSG, also with a one way. And it was WAY better to drive. I tried to adopt his setup to the DEMON but no luck. It still felt the same...

What I’m looking for is basically lots of turn in and stability in the corner exit

BTW, I mainly race stock.

I’m at the point of thinking there’s something basically wrong with the car, whatever I do it feels sluggish, numb and it spins out midway through the corners (not in the sweeper though).

The over steering is still what puzzles me the most. No matter what I do it still over steers.

All setup advice is appreciated, but first and foremost I’m looking for a good basic setup to work from.

Anyone?

Front suspension
Block carriers: 0 deg.
Kickup: 2 deg.
Toe-in/toe-out: 0deg.
Camber: -1.5
Ride height: 5mm
Anti-roll bar: none
Ackerman: ntc3 rack
Shock piston:#3
Shock oil:70wt
Spring yellow
Droop: 5
Camber link: upper inner hole
Shock mount: inner hole
I used th rear shock tower up front

Rear suspension
Toe-in: 2deg
Anti-squat:0
camber: -1.5
wheelbase: medium
ride height:5mm
No roll bar
Shock piston: #5
Shock oil: 50
Spring:yellow
Droop:5
Camber position:
Tower:lower inner hole
Hub: inside hole
shock mount: outside hole
Old 10-02-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default carpet

here is one that Axiom5 e-mailed me try it.

> FRONT
> 70 Oil
> Yellow Spring
> Outer hole, normal front shock tower
> Outer hole on arm
> Droop 6 on gauge
> Camber Link upper outer hole
> F-0 block
> Losi steering knuckles
> 4 degree caster blocks
> Stock FT swaybar, go thicker as traction goes up
> Diff a little tighter than rear
> 0 toe
> Nitro TC3 Rack
>
> REAR:
>
> 60 Oil
> Copper Spring
> Middle hole on tower (stock, for mod go to outer
> hole)
> Outer hole on arm
> Droop 5 on gauge
> Camber Link upper inner hole
> F-2-0 block
> AE rear hubs
> Middle wheelbase
> Stock FT swaybar, go thicker as traction increases
>
> TIRES:
> Jaco Plaid/Purple, TRC works great as well.
>
> Proto Stratus 2.0 body
>
> This setup works good for both mod and stock, you
> shouldn't have to make significant changes if any to
> get it to your liking.
>
Old 10-02-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Olec,

One thing I noticed is you seem to be using Take Off CS27 (front and rear?) and asphalt hardness Sorex's. Try using the Take Offs with the CS 22 in the rear and 27 in the front. Sounds like you are over steering from the slight description of the trouble you are having. We race on Ozite here and the compounds you have tried would not work at all for me. The compound I have recently fallen in love with are the Pit Shimizu 24R in back and 27R up front, car is stuck with both stock motor and 19t. Hope that helps you out along with the other setup suggestions.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for all the tips guys!

I’ll try the setups and see which suits my driving style and the conditions best.

Victor also sent me a setup that I will try, great support!

@Fasttrak: The reason why I’m using these compounds is that they are the most common ones among the racers in general and the most common as handouts. The next race I am attending Procar Open uses Sorex 28 as handout tires.
Also I like to use the same tires back and front for the same reason (and also to have one less factor to concider...).

To use softer compounds actually never crossed my mind since “everybody” uses the compounds I mentioned. Talk about being narrow minded... Thanks for turning the light on!!

On the issue of inserts, what do you guys prefer on carpet? Little air gap? Lots of air gap? Soft? Hard?
Old 10-02-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by OleC
Thanks for all the tips guys!

I’ll try the setups and see which suits my driving style and the conditions best.

Victor also sent me a setup that I will try, great support!

@Fasttrak: The reason why I’m using these compounds is that they are the most common ones among the racers in general and the most common as handouts. The next race I am attending Procar Open uses Sorex 28 as handout tires.
Also I like to use the same tires back and front for the same reason (and also to have one less factor to concider...).

To use softer compounds actually never crossed my mind since “everybody” uses the compounds I mentioned. Talk about being narrow minded... Thanks for turning the light on!!

On the issue of inserts, what do you guys prefer on carpet? Little air gap? Lots of air gap? Soft? Hard?

for high bite carpet little air gap
Old 10-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: carpet

Originally posted by howard hudson
here is one that Axiom5 e-mailed me try it.

> FRONT
> 70 Oil
> Yellow Spring
> Outer hole, normal front shock tower
> Outer hole on arm
> Droop 6 on gauge
> Camber Link upper outer hole
> F-0 block
> Losi steering knuckles
> 4 degree caster blocks
> Stock FT swaybar, go thicker as traction goes up
> Diff a little tighter than rear
> 0 toe
> Nitro TC3 Rack
>
> REAR:
>
> 60 Oil
> Copper Spring
> Middle hole on tower (stock, for mod go to outer
> hole)
> Outer hole on arm
> Droop 5 on gauge
> Camber Link upper inner hole
> F-2-0 block
> AE rear hubs
> Middle wheelbase
> Stock FT swaybar, go thicker as traction increases
>
> TIRES:
> Jaco Plaid/Purple, TRC works great as well.
>
> Proto Stratus 2.0 body
>
> This setup works good for both mod and stock, you
> shouldn't have to make significant changes if any to
> get it to your liking.
>
Howard that's for foam man, and i got a new and much better setup now anyway Not too different from that, but some significant changes.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: carpet

Originally posted by Axiom5B
Howard that's for foam man, and i got a new and much better setup now anyway Not too different from that, but some significant changes.
Axiom, what is your new setup? My Demon1 is due to arrive next week and i'm interested in setup information. I race with Ray Huang here in Cleveland on carpet w/foams. My current setup on my TC3 is similar to the setup that was just posted, except it's a little stiffer overall. In front I use 80wt oil with white springs and 70wt oil with purple springs in the back. Swaybar up front, no bar out back. I run the standard tire combo of purples and plaids. Do you have any further suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.