Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by howard hudson
then you need to step up to the warp car it realy makes a big differance.
I plan to Howard, already got a quote on the first demon but I think I'm gonna wait for the D2 since it has a shorter wheelbase.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

The demon 2 will be legal because the minimum wheelbase for a touring sedan is 250mm. the demon 2 measures in at exactly 250mm.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Okay-I am one picky guy-I guess, but has anyone run the Demon on carpet with foam tires on a busy, busy warm day (i.e. High Traction)? I am asking as I have been dissapointed with most of the Carbon fiber chassis cars on carpet with how they feel great in the morning when traction is lower-but by days end-they feel planted and slow. And yes-set-up changes were made fr the higher grip.

So-lets voice some opinions on this car on the highest grip days. I am sure its money on rubber tires!!! But I run foma tires, carpet and stock class. Cars gota be stiff as can be.

Thanks in advance
Ray
Old 09-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ray I run on carpet with foam tires, and this is BY FAR the stiffest deck car i've ever felt/driven. The stiffness difference between this car and the tub wouldn't even be felt on the track it's that stiff. It feels more well sorted then a stock tub car, the batts are already really close to the center, and you have the option of running the nitro TC3 rack w/o modification which is a GREAT thing to have for carpet/foams. You'll get many "whoa what is that???" the first few times you show up at the track, but once they see it run it's more like "wow that's fast, where can i get one???". You can't go wrong getting a Demon.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Now thats what I wanted to hear!!!

I am also thinking of maybe throwing some other companies arms and inner hingepin blocks on the car at some point too-and you just cannot do that easily on the tub chassis. Too many gussets to remove. Arms with greater span and thicker hingepins for even less flex and greater durability than the stock graphite arms.
Stuff like that.

So Axiom-this thing is da bomb-eh?
Old 09-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Axiom5B
Ray I run on carpet with foam tires, and this is BY FAR the stiffest deck car i've ever felt/driven. The stiffness difference between this car and the tub wouldn't even be felt on the track it's that stiff. It feels more well sorted then a stock tub car, the batts are already really close to the center, and you have the option of running the nitro TC3 rack w/o modification which is a GREAT thing to have for carpet/foams. You'll get many "whoa what is that???" the first few times you show up at the track, but once they see it run it's more like "wow that's fast, where can i get one???". You can't go wrong getting a Demon.
Well said!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang

I am also thinking of maybe throwing some other companies arms and inner hingepin blocks on the car at some point too-and you just cannot do that easily on the tub chassis. Too many gussets to remove. Arms with greater span and thicker hingepins for even less flex and greater durability than the stock graphite arms.
Stuff like that.

I think the d2 (2.6MM chassis) with a 3MM top deck will be the best for foam tire carpet racing (if stiff and nimble is what you want). The D2 standoffs for the top deck are going to be even shorter which will lower cg slightly and stiffen it up even more! The short wheelbase Demon really rips up the infield!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Stuff like that.

Yes, since the chassis is flat you can do almost anything.

And to your other question:
Old 09-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

oh-man, oh-man, oh-man you guys almost have me sold.... Its a good thing for my checkbook that I am going on a week long vacation and will be as poor as poor can be when get back.

Sure Warpspeed doesnt need another factory driver...... hint, hint, hint.....?? j/k

But seriousely-if the funds are there when get back-I just may have to buy this chassis and put it on my very new-very awesome FTTC3

Last edited by rayhuang; 09-02-2003 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

oh-man, oh-man, oh-man you guys almost have me sold.... Its a good thing for my checkbook that I am going on a week long vacation and will be as poor as poor can be when get back.

Sure Warpspeed doesnt need another factory driver...... hint, hint, hint.....?? j/k

But seriousely-if the funds are there when get back-I just may have to buy this chassis and put it on my very new-very awesome FTTC3

Hehe, don't stress over it too much, the shipping date for the D2 is still some time out. In fact, I would wait untill well passed the date they finally start shipping all the backorders they already have
Old 09-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Car in pieces and at this time UPS decides they no longer like me... They lost my damn Warpspeed diff cases! Aiyee, best laid plans and private shipping agents are a poor mix... They could have lost the spare parts, but not my diff cases
Old 09-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long but testing of the new car is going great. Last weekend was the first real full testing weekend, the car is great and even faster than before. Vic has a really cool suprise for the DEMON 2.............the chassis is going to be BLUE carbon fiber like the silver yokomo but BLUE. It looks awsome and very cool he is the only one that will have it. But it will be a tiny bit more (cause it costs him more to get) but I think you guy's will very willingly pay a little more, it should be out soon but do't know exactly the date.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Stephen for the pick-me-up, the blue chassis does sound interesting. Hate to pummel you with questions but thats my job I may be interested in the chassis but if it is like the SSG from Yokomo, I would most likely prefer plain ole rigid black glass chassis. The SSG look like such pewp after a few runs as the silver quickly wears off making the chassis look odd. Please consider offering both the blue "Team" chassis and the regular ole black fibre chassis for us subdued folk
Old 09-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Vic has no problem with people who want the regular carbon fiber cause he is still going to make a good amount of them, but the blue carbon fiber isn't like a coating that will rub off it is biult into it just as the grey and black regular one is, so I don't think you have to worry about it rubbing off. But if thats what you want, yes Vic is going to make some, and depending on the amount of orders he gets for the blue he is only going to make a set amount.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for clearing that up, sounds interesting (interpret this as me appreciating the uniqueness factor). I guess that my carpet only for this rig may make the rub-off a moot point anyways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.