Fuel Vaporizes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel Vaporizes

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Yes 10% nitro 20% oil will not heat up as quick.
I dont know if that is the petrol u said with the high oil count, but high oil is good.

The car should not have its wheels spinning at idle on blocks, maybe a little, but not much at all.
also i'd richen slightly the top end needle, and get a slightly bigger and thicker fuel line. plus clean your carb, and clean your fuel filter if u have one.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V-One S
also is the fuel line going near the head? or just wen it enters the carb?
My fuel line has been literally wrapped around 1/4 of my engine (just below the heatsink) for the past 4 races... . I haven't had a single flame out, but I should replace the fuel line and get it away from there just in case... ...well at least I can finally use some of those fuel line clips I got 3 years ago .
Old 03-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

well if you haven't had a flame out you are not a rookie and know how to tune an engine.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by corvettecrazy
well if you haven't had a flame out you are not a rookie and know how to tune an engine.

But it would still have the potential to flame out in long mains...20-30 minutes, so I just moved it by about 5mm.
With warm up period (sometimes being around 5 minutes ) and only a 5 minute main totalling 10 minutes max, it obviously has the potential to overheat when we end up switching to longer mains (when we have a larger turn out). If you were wondering, we run triple mains when we have a low turn out.