Wiki Posts
Search

TT-01 ESC Wire Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TT-01 ESC Wire Problem

Hi folks.
Before I start, I may as well confess to being an R/C noob so excuse my lack of terminology and stupid question.

I just bought my first car, a TT-01 with a few hop ups.
It wasn't as hard to build as I thought, but the electrics have stumped me.

It comes with a TEU-101BK ESC and an acoms 2ch receiver.

Now I followed the advice on this thread and everything fits into place, apart from step 2. Plug esc plug into receiver channel 2 slot.

The esc plug that is meant to fit into the acom, has a slightly wider edge and won't fit. If I force it, it'll probably bend the pins.

Could somebody please help a noob out and explain how to set my last wire up please.

I'm "this" close to shaving the extra bit off with a blade in the hope it fits, but that'd probably be a dumb thing to do.

I appreciate any help!

Ed.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:56 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You very carefully shave that tab off and make it fit. The white wire (the wire that is not red + or black -) typically goes toward the inside "bulk" of the receiver.

If your good you can use a hobby knife, but I'd suggest maybe a file for your first attempt if your new so you don't end up cutting your thumb off.

What you have I think is referred to as a Futaba "J" style plug, and what your receiver takes is a little different. You can purchase the right plug, but shaving it is basically the right way to do it.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Desolas
You very carefully shave that tab off and make it fit. The white wire (the wire that is not red + or black -) typically goes toward the inside "bulk" of the receiver.

If your good you can use a hobby knife, but I'd suggest maybe a file for your first attempt if your new so you don't end up cutting your thumb off.

What you have I think is referred to as a Futaba "J" style plug, and what your receiver takes is a little different. You can purchase the right plug, but shaving it is basically the right way to do it.

Thankyou so much for a speedy reply.

...I just hope it's a real solution and not a "Let's have fun at noob's expense"!

Jut kidding.

Just a quick question regarding the white wire.
You say it goes to the inside bulk of the receiver.
If I do that, the three slightly exposed contacts will be facing upwards, whereas the ones going from the servo to the receiver, will be facingn downwards.
I thought they had to both face the same direction. Down.

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Sorry, what I should really be asking, is does it matter what way the tiny exposed contacts go? Up or down?
Old 02-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If your servo plug is indexing fine, orient the ESC plug the same direction then. Different receivers are wired differently, and I don't know what your using; but if your servo plug fits fine that should orient right, make the ESC plug in the same direction.

..and shaving off that tab is what probably 90% of us do.

What matters is that the plugs are orienting where they should, you should have some documentation that tells you which way the white, red, and black should orient.

Also...If the smaller two wire battery plug to the receiver from the ESC indexes into the receiver, use that as reference of where your positive and negative wires should be plugging into from the ESC and Servo; the white wire (signal wire) will be the obvious choice then.