Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Poor After sales by Trinity >

Poor After sales by Trinity

Poor After sales by Trinity

Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I can't believe you guys don't know Trinity by now.

ERNIE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

He's already sitting there all grezzy with his big o'l gold chains and blinged out rings on every finger, chopin on a big o'l wet nasty cigar. Laughing at you(and me) all the way to the bank.

Unfortunately I still use Trinity motors, which I don't know why since the comm.can be 15 Deg. off (the bad way) He don't care about that. He even stated that on this forum in so many words in the Novak race thread. While at the same time making a dude who distribute trinity motors cower down to his side like a dog.( If you look into it you will see what I mean)

"Oh no Ernie I didn't really mean it like that"

Yes you did homie. It cracks me up
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same deal with me, had a faulty DPD screen, emailed multiple time with no replies, so I ended up calling them and was told to send it back and they would replace it with a new unit. So I have, and I hope that it arrives soon.

On another note: who normally pays postage to send a faulty product back to the company, under warrenty. I would of thought the company paid..
Old 02-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

The consumer pays. They don't know if it is a warranty claim or user error.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Desolas
Hardly any company responds to emails. If you really want something done you need to call. The amount of BS random half literate emails a company gets in a single day is boggling. It's annoying, but that's what has happened with pretty much any company these days.
So why do they advertise an email tech support address . Thats bull, people are constantly working out issues with manufactures by email/live tech support etc. They have poor customer service period
Old 02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Not with all companies. I have got horizon to send me call tags for spektrum units.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:24 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

while this may be true, they should regardless of the situation or condition answer their customers email. I mean what's the point?? A company like trinity flourishes on word of mouth and loyal customers. I for one will take this into consideration next time I need batt's or a motor. Customer service should be a businiess's number 1 priority. I'm sure they can afford to hire a person @ $8-$10/hr that strictly deals with phone calls and email's, it would be worth it in the long run.

Besides if they don't like sorting through email why even offer it as a way of getting in contact with them????
I totally agree. If your going to offer it you should have someone who can handle the volume; companies that answer email have these people. If your not going to answer email, don't offer it.

So why do they advertise an email tech support address . Thats bull, people are constantly working out issues with manufactures by email/live tech support etc. They have poor customer service period
Because it's the norm these days. If you have a web site you have an email address, simple as that. Problem is many companies don't think beyond that and you have these situations.

It's not bull. I deal with companies much larger than R/C related, with people who have nothing to do but answer emails and they still ignore emails. I deal with companies that are 100% online, 100% through email and I till get unanswered emails. It is poor customer service, the companies that actually respond are the ones who get a name for good customer service.

Here is a perfect example: I've emailed Shane (futurreal) here about advertising. I want to put money in his pocket, and it took four tries before he got back to me. Either he was busy, the message got lost in all the mess, or something else happened that uninterrupted communication.

Another example: Charlie at Team Novak had a ESC for warranty a year or so ago, he got it right before he was leaving for IIC or something and he forgot to drop it in the mail. No big deal..I didn't hear back, and after a suitable period where it would have been here by now I emailed, got nothing in response so I called a day later. They found the ESC, and expressed shipped it at no charge. I could have sat there for another week sending emails and sitting on my hands, but a phone call worked and I got it back 2 days later.

Typically if you do get through to someone via email you just get a run around anyway, if you want action you pick up the phone. They can't ignore you as easily if your talking to them.

I agree with you guys, what I'm saying is just pick up the damn phone.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

DEREK: This is a hlobal hobby. RC is worldwide with products sold and made in various countries. This stuff about no service because a guy in RUSSIA buys his stuff online from CANADA is BS. (just an example)If you make a product and offer warranty it shouldn't matter where and how it was bought as long as you hold a receipt/proof of purchase. Also not everyone knows that brand x is distributed in there own countries. How would they know? Why should they care? Obviously the first choice is buy locally but what if you cannot get it locally? As long as u bought a product through legal channels you should get warranty... Trinity sells direct does this mean we should only buy from them direct? to get the best service?

As for trinity and email, yes they are terrible i have never got replies from them. On all types of various topics. Simple solution if you cant answer all of the emails dont answer any and remove the email address from the company website. under contract us it should read: "Call us at 1-800________ for all inquires. Sorry we do not use email."
Old 02-05-2007, 04:59 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by Desolas
Here is a perfect example: I've emailed Shane (futurreal) here about advertising. I want to put money in his pocket, and it took four tries before he got back to me. Either he was busy, the message got lost in all the mess, or something else happened that uninterrupted communication.
I'm a special case though, because there is nobody that has RC Tech as a full time job (even though it should be, reallly). I work 50-60 hour weeks as a corporate slave, do work for Xtreme, plus try to keep this thing together on the side. So yea, I hate to say it, but emailing me is never a safe bet! And let's not even talk about my PM box on here... haha

I agree about the email thing though, I've seen it everywhere I worked in the past. Even at Xtreme, we'd have someone call up all irate because we never got their email or whatever, and we'd solve their problem and satisfy them in 5 minutes. It's just not worth getting all worked up over a company until you've actually talked to them. If they've told you off on the phone, maybe then it's time to get worked up!

btw, props to the ACiD in your signature, now that's old school. haha
Old 02-05-2007, 05:04 PM
R/C Tech Founder

One other thing to note. A lot of companies are big enough that the chain goes something like this.

Executive/Owner/Whoever: "Customer support is everything, let's figure out a way to interact better with our customers."

Marketing Guy: "We need to offer email support. Junior Marketing Guy, make it happen."

Junior Marketing Guy: "Okay, we need to do email support. This is VERY important. So Web Guy, you need to make a big point of it on the site, and IT Guy, you need to make us a big email support thing."

IT Guy: "Okay, you can now email support@us, it's all set."

Web Guy: "Okay, you can now see a big EMAIL US on the website, and I changed the phone number to a 2-point font."

Now who is actually checking this thing? Web Guy is overworked, IT Guy doesn't care, Junior Marketing Guy thinks either IT Guy or Web Guy is doing it, and Marketing Guy and Executive completely forgot about the original conversation 10 minutes after it happened.

Customer: "wtf?"

Welcome to corporate America.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Funny because I work in the tech industry with users, servers and computers.

Couple years ago, I was revamping a website for a user, and asked them if their info on their site was correct. I won't mention names, but they were a car service industry dealing in aftermarket parts and accessories.

I asked them "Who checks this customersupport@_____.com email?". The owner said, we had an account? I knew we asked for one, but I never knew we had one setup!

After a week, I finally go in touch with the email provider, and found out they had over 10000 emails from that account, with about 30% being spam.

Sometimes, the higher-ups don't know.

On a side note, I emailed GM-UK last week, have NOT heard back yet.

Originally Posted by futureal
One other thing to note. A lot of companies are big enough that the chain goes something like this.

Executive/Owner/Whoever: "Customer support is everything, let's figure out a way to interact better with our customers."

Marketing Guy: "We need to offer email support. Junior Marketing Guy, make it happen."

Junior Marketing Guy: "Okay, we need to do email support. This is VERY important. So Web Guy, you need to make a big point of it on the site, and IT Guy, you need to make us a big email support thing."

IT Guy: "Okay, you can now email support@us, it's all set."

Web Guy: "Okay, you can now see a big EMAIL US on the website, and I changed the phone number to a 2-point font."

Now who is actually checking this thing? Web Guy is overworked, IT Guy doesn't care, Junior Marketing Guy thinks either IT Guy or Web Guy is doing it, and Marketing Guy and Executive completely forgot about the original conversation 10 minutes after it happened.

Customer: "wtf?"

Old 02-05-2007, 05:23 PM

"Thank you, please drive through."
Old 02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Careful Derek, Ernie might pull all of his ads from your magazine for just participating in this thread.

Customer service is important, and obviously now that the world is smaller because of the internet, people expect quick answers or solutions to their problems. Reasonable to expect or not, if you advertise a customer service or support on the web, than that option should be just as plausible as a phone.

While I suffer sometimes, myself, from inconsistent response to user inquiries, I'd have to agree that some notes don't even warrant anything other than a quick hit of the "delete" key.

The problem is, though, not everyone CAN pick up a phone and make a call during business hours to a long-distance hobby/personal target. Many people work in situations that don't allow them access to phones from 9-5, be it construction workers, those in the service industry or even people who work in cube farms with nosy neighbors. An e-mail is an easy solution to allow you to contact someone at any time you are free, and give the recipient an opportunity to respond at their earliest convenience.

If you are a company that has an e-mail contact on your website, and you don't respond to inquiries, then shame on you. Your name should get dragged through the internet forum quagmires. For a company like Trinity, though, there is no excuse.

And for those of you out there still buying Trinity products, shame on you, too. You should know better. This company has been treating the R/C industry and it's customers like this for over 25 years, and before that, they had many friends in the slot car industry.

There is an easy solution to the problem, though... STOP BUYING TRINITY PRODUCTS. It works for me. They don't even make or sell anything good, anyway.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:35 PM

Hey Shane...you've got a PM..
Old 02-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DerekB
No, the business should pick up the cost. Then if it's determined to be the consumers fault they should add it to the repair bill before shipping it back.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Legend

Default I like lots of Trinity Products !!!

I buy stuff from Ernie week after week and I love it ....

sorry...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.