Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8th Annual Nitro Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
accually there are more than just tony phalen who run them so get your facts stright.

im just starting the fire under the ae fans. if i remiember correctley losi won a couple of its 1st races out
Not for associated theres not. One or two others run other bands but not one off crystals.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

dosent mayfield run for futaba? he should have been running the fast system
Old 02-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Hey everyone....here's the story with the RC8 guys in the A-main. Cavalieri and Maifield both ran the A-main warmup with no apparent problems and were really excited about the main event. When we went up to run the finals, both Ryans as well as I think Marty Korn on 75 Mhz were having glitching trouble. This was completely out of the blue, as both RC8 drivers had zero problems throughout the rest of the event.

We asked for a delay so that the guys could try different channels and so we switched crystals and went back out for the start. We started the race with our fingers crossed but still had trouble and Cavalieri's car glitched and ran away into a hay bail. Maifield's car was still having troubles and a big crash took him out with a servo failure. After many crystal changes, unplugging the personal, etc.... Maifield never was able to get back out and run without glitching.

Who knows what happened, but the results were not an accurate depiction of the RC8's performance. After we got Cavalieri with a completely different 27 mhz setup, he went out and set some of the fastest laps of the race (glitch free). Also let's not forget that once we found a better setup, Maifield TQ'd round 2.

I guess all we can say is that we'll try and get 'em next time.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdub
Hey everyone....here's the story with the RC8 guys in the A-main. Cavalieri and Maifield both ran the A-main warmup with no apparent problems and were really excited about the main event. When we went up to run the finals, both Ryans as well as I think Marty Korn on 75 Mhz were having glitching trouble. This was completely out of the blue, as both RC8 drivers had zero problems throughout the rest of the event.

We asked for a delay so that the guys could try different channels and so we switched crystals and went back out for the start. We started the race with our fingers crossed but still had trouble and Cavalieri's car glitched and ran away into a hay bail. Maifield's car was still having troubles and a big crash took him out with a servo failure. After many crystal changes, unplugging the personal, etc.... Maifield never was able to get back out and run without glitching.

Who knows what happened, but the results were not an accurate depiction of the RC8's performance. After we got Cavalieri with a completely different 27 mhz setup, he went out and set some of the fastest laps of the race (glitch free). Also let's not forget that once we found a better setup, Maifield TQ'd round 2.

I guess all we can say is that we'll try and get 'em next time.
Awesome coach. the car did look great as it did a few weeks back. I feel bad for the guys and all of Team AE for the issues that cost them the A main.

As I said before they had glitching issues. and nothing more. i just wanted to see a heads up between all the manufacturers that made the A main. Losi and Odonnell were definetely on it. Great job to all.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Were they the only 2 cars with radio problems in the Main?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes they were. As i remeber Marty Korn's issue was two guys on the same frequency from a bump up racer. like coach said though Ryan C went to 27 band i was told he went to one of the 40 something bands from europe.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Spektrum is such a beautiful thing.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Spektrum is such a beautiful thing.
When I was standing at the AE pit the King made sure he let Ryan M & C know how he had no glitches with his truggy with his Nomadio
Old 02-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
When I was standing at the AE pit the King made sure he let Ryan M & C know how he had no glitches with his truggy with his Nomadio
GOOD!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

mayfield runs for futaba- he should have been useing the fast.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
mayfield runs for futaba- he should have been useing the fast.
Maybe he likes traditional crystals. Hes faster than you so i guess it works for him.... why are you just bagging on Maifield? hes a really good guy both on and off the track.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Congratulations to Ryan Maifield and Jared Tebo for putting on a great race in Gas Truck. Maifield was out to a pretty good lead, but thought he had an antenna falling out. An extra pit stop showed that is just twisted, but didn't pull out. The ever hard charging Tebo fought his way back from a series of crashes on one lap to finish only a few feet behind Maifield.

Hats off to Team Losi for their TQ's and victories in Pro Buggy and Truggy. Truhe had the whole package all weekend with his vehicles and engine program figured out.

I also wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone under the AE tent. Coach, Torrance, Saxton, Harold, Ruona and Louis did everything they could to use the limited amount of track time to dial in Maifield, Cavalieri and Skidmore. Like Coach said, Maifield was able to TQ round 2 and Pudge put in a top 4 with a few mistakes in round 3. All of us are very excited to get out on the track and continue developing the RC8.

It was unfortunate that both our guys had glitching problems, but that's part of the game. Rest assured we'll figure out the problem and correct it for the next event........off to Vegas!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Buggy Mains!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Nitro Pit Buggy Mains.txt (202.0 KB, 183 views)
Old 02-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
Maybe he likes traditional crystals. Hes faster than you so i guess it works for him.... why are you just bagging on Maifield? hes a really good guy both on and off the track.
no im not bagging on him. bit with the fast system out y not use it and not have to worry about glitching like he had this weekend.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Adept

Thats kind of fishy if you ask me, no problems till the amain and only the 2 rc8's had problems.

Last edited by yamrace; 02-27-2007 at 07:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.