Wiki Posts
Search

RC DragRacing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedpro1
if you need help with setup i can help ya no problem... i run 6 cell cars.. and i have tuned some fast 8-10 cell cars so ask away.... albie
You guy's got Speedpro1 here for help too, Trust me, He know's what he's doing.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks john... yeah the new car came in the mail yesterday... man mike from grandmotorsports make the nices cars around... im always impressed with his work... all i have done to the car so far is put the pod plates together and put the wheelie bar on the car... mike sends the car built but i always rebuild to tweak a few things... i also got from mike the new microswitch everyone is talking about.... man its a big switch but aslong as it works and no problems im happy.... ... also my new spektrum pro came in man the reciever is nice .. well time to get back to the car.. ill take some pics as soon as its done... albie
Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

thanks john... yeah the new car came in the mail yesterday... man mike from grandmotorsports make the nices cars around... im always impressed with his work... all i have done to the car so far is put the pod plates together and put the wheelie bar on the car... mike sends the car built but i always rebuild to tweak a few things... i also got from mike the new microswitch everyone is talking about.... man its a big switch but aslong as it works and no problems im happy.... ... also my new spektrum pro came in man the reciever is nice .. well time to get back to the car.. ill take some pics as soon as its done... albie
Thats cool that thing's are coming along with your project, How light is the car? Mike Ogle Got big switches???!!! How much??? I need a big switch... How many AMPS is the switch? I might have to order it ASAP. I just emailed Roy Anderson and he was out of big switches. Hey Speedpro1 you have any big switches for sale? Well I'm glad to hear your drag car is coming along, I am going to call Mark Price today so he could put the paint down on my promod. Hey Speedpro1 you still want that reciever batt.? If you want it, it's your's I will send it to you so let me know if you want it. HEY Speedpro1, don't forget the pics of your car when it's done. Take Care...
Old 04-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

i know mike has them i just got 2 of them with the car... i have big cells for the reciever but im looking for the smaller ones.... i think there 70mah cells.. i apprieciate the offer though its nice to have friends in racing... the big switches are 30.1 amp switches but man there way more heavy duty then the old switches... when ever you need that motor zapped let me know... albie
Old 04-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

i know mike has them i just got 2 of them with the car... i have big cells for the reciever but im looking for the smaller ones.... i think there 70mah cells.. i apprieciate the offer though its nice to have friends in racing... the big switches are 30.1 amp switches but man there way more heavy duty then the old switches... when ever you need that motor zapped let me know... albie
Cool Albie we will talk and we will set up something. Pm me your address I will send you the batts. try them and keep them and as for the motor can I will send it to you with that can of soda you asked for LOL. Take Care Speedpro1, Don't forget to pm me your address.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

address sent man.... make it a pepsi............. lol albie
Old 04-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Initiate

are u guys going to make the west coast nats
Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mangobanana
are u guys going to make the west coast nats
Not me, I'm staying on the eastcoast, I'm just doing the E-Town Event in July. I think Speedpro1 is going to Cali. soon to one of the events over there. My car is almost ready just making some last minute changes. Is anyone else running in any events this year?
Old 04-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

cool... i really wanna see the hard numbers that thing runs
Old 04-23-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mangobanana
cool... i really wanna see the hard numbers that thing runs
Speedpro1 is the one to break another record in his class.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by trjracing
Speedpro1 is the one to break another record in his class.
I would be happy to run a low 1.7
Old 04-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

I don't think I can go faster than a high 1.6
Old 04-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

I'm not out too break any records, I'm just going out to have fun run some respectable numbers, I don't have the equiptment to help me run in the low 1.5's if I did I would be trying too break a record in the promod class.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

But if I'm able too hang with the big dawgs then I'm happy.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

There is a point where this hobby can get too serious and less fun. When you start too spend big dollars on equiptment too run fast at that point it becomes a living, A business, and not much of a hobby any more. For some guy's it's fun even if they reach that point in the hobby. For me, If I took it too that point then I would have too make it a business. I like too go fast with what I have. I like too challenge myself and see how fast I can go with out the expensive equiptment. I don't own a motor dyno, a batt. zapper, and other stuff guy's use too run those insane E.T.'s If I took this hobby that serious I would be broke and with my other hobbies I wouldn't be able too keep up with the R/C's. At one point in my life I did take this R/C racing serious and too heart. Not no more, instead of having fun I was going broke and it wasn't fun anymore. So I slowed it down and now I enjoy it more and look forward to running but on the same note I go through those moments where I look at all the money I have spent in this hobby and it makes me want to quit the hobby. So R/C is a love, hate relationship for me. I love drag racing, and doing speed runs but there will come a point in my life that I may walk away from this hobby and walk back into it in the future. Some times you just need too give it a break so when you come back to it you are able to enjoy it. Once I run at E-Town I will take a break because of other thing's I need too take care of and once that is taken care of, I will come back in to the hobby and continue too enjoy it. I only speak for myself here guy's. This hobby is what you make it, live it up and have fun. Maybe one day I will open up my own hobby shop with a drag track in the back of the store. Hey, You never know. Well guy's Take Care, Be Safe and go run the hell out of your car's and if anyone has pics of there cars, Please post them up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.