Search

4wd Offroad Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 4wd Offroad Thread.

Hi guys.

Just a dedicated thread to the fastest electric offroad class, 4wd offroad.

A place to talk about new cars, parts and races. Also a place to organize club day meetings and things of the offroad nature.

4wd offroad is getting huge and with most brands now following suit and bringing out there own chassis its only going to get bigger.

Josh.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

First Race of the season in NSW was the Ryde GP masters.

The track was loose and did not have a good flow to the layout, the jumps also were tricky.

A good turnout for 4wd stock, 19 turn and Mod.

J-Concepts appears to be the most popular car this season and instantly proved why, taking out Stock "Brad Fisher"BJ4 and Mod "Josh Pain"BJ4we.

In 19 turn it was Brad Vercoe with his new MRC accdamy buggy, and it was looking better in the later stages of the day, even though the track was getting worse.

I just hope for the state titles this coming year that Ryde club gets there act togethere and shows us all a good surface and layout, perhaps for th first time they use the table top in the correct direction!!

Or use the tripples in a way they you can clear them without going 10 feet past the corner.

Come on ryde, these are the best years of electric offroad for sometime, and if you dont have a good layout, you wont get many people back.

All in all, A great event,
Old 01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yea go the 4wds!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool idea for a thread painy.

Will be campaigning in 4wd mod here in SA this year. 21st Jan would have been first meet but rained out, fingers are crossed for next weekend.

Our track is oil treated, so quite a firm surface... hoping this will cater nicely for the XXX4 as it's well documented as struggling on rough surfaces. Practice sessions have been encouraging.

Seems the class is huge over in your neck of the woods? Hoping the popularity filters its way down the Murray Darling and we get a few more coming out here in SA.

What's the front tyre of choice these days?? Ive got some taper pins set up for first meet here... they seem awfully narrow???
Old 01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know of a good surface for the xxx-4..... bitumen!!!!! hahaha

Should be good to get a few more 4wd's racing down here in sa...... don't see any match for my BJ4we yet tho.....

4wd front tire at MP is either blockhead or if u can get them..... cut down sprints
Old 01-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Rusty,

Thats great that your keen. i hope you get your race meeting in.

The xxx4 does suffer in rough track condions, Thats why when i ran LoSI i always had a xx4 in my bag,

Swapped between the two cars and had great sucsess.

In my Tyre bag i keep Holeshot, Insite Jobs " these could work qhite well" block heads and taper pins. for the front end.

I think you might have the 2wd front taper pins, they would look very skinny, as the 4wd front taper pins are over and inch wide in tread.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

This is going to be a good year for 4wd offroad!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr-s413bt
I know of a good surface for the xxx-4..... bitumen!!!!! hahaha

Should be good to get a few more 4wd's racing down here in sa...... don't see any match for my BJ4we yet tho.....

4wd front tire at MP is either blockhead or if u can get them..... cut down sprints
Hahaha, anyone ever tell you you're a smart arse glenn???? lol.

Yeah i have no doubt the 4g+ wont be much of a match for the BJ4 (the one you were thinking about selling???) but will be good just to get a few wheelers out there.

And remember.... you gotta get to the meet before you win it.... so try and keep it to one bottle of vodka on sat night!! haha
Old 01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

If the car is a handfull rust, put a front diff in it, should smooth things out.

Did you check those front tapers you have?

Is the track your going too a wet track or dry.?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

I got a zx-5 and struggled most of last year with only having a front one way and no other options which made it hard to tune to the different tracks. I've got a spool i can run but am a bit worried about how it will go on the dirt. Anyone run one in the front and what effect does it have.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe the problem is that the zx-5 doesn't need the one way. like josh said put the ball diff in and run a centre one way.... the thing is a missle....

just make sure that you correctly space the gears so the mesh is correct..

I think you will find this makes a big difference
Old 01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey,

I know i am a smart ass.... going to attempt to make it this sunday.... possibly with both cars.... but definitely the BJ4we....

Inside jobs would probably work very well... but the life span extremely short like the taper pins....

Josh, the track is dry, hard and seemingly more abrasive than b4!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tune71
I got a zx-5 and struggled most of last year with only having a front one way and no other options which made it hard to tune to the different tracks. I've got a spool i can run but am a bit worried about how it will go on the dirt. Anyone run one in the front and what effect does it have.
The car should have come with a front differential in the kit, put that in and you will be fine. There should be no need to run a spool in the front of your car, doing so will make it hard to drive out of corners and take almost all the steering away entering,

If ever you need me to help you with you ZX5 Tune, just come say hi.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by memyselfandI
Maybe the problem is that the zx-5 doesn't need the one way. like josh said put the ball diff in and run a centre one way.... the thing is a missle....

just make sure that you correctly space the gears so the mesh is correct..

I think you will find this makes a big difference
I dont have a ball diff for the front yet. I didnt get it with the car, thats why Im looking at the spool option
Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr-s413bt
Hey,

I know i am a smart ass.... going to attempt to make it this sunday.... possibly with both cars.... but definitely the BJ4we....

Inside jobs would probably work very well... but the life span extremely short like the taper pins....

Josh, the track is dry, hard and seemingly more abrasive than b4!
The taper will most likely work a little better in the dry, if there is any dampness, try the inside jobs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.