Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th Buggy SERVO ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow, those posts by Wingnut are funny! Seriously...wow...just wow...
Old 01-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone for the input to my question.

I will likely go with a JR Z8800T for steering and the Z4800S for throttle/brake (just in case you wanted to know what conclusion I came to after all the responses).

Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slakr

I will likely go with a JR Z8800T for steering and the Z4800S for throttle/brake (just in case you wanted to know what conclusion I came to after all the responses).

Thanks again.
Now I just have to wait for the new Associated 1/8th buggy to hit the streets. If I like the looks of it; that's what I will go with. If not, I'll stick with Mugen and get the MBX5R.

Oh, and someone did ask me about what radio I am using...
I use a spektrum DX3.

Anyway, thanks one more time for all the input.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i did get a return email from shane archer of rctech. my former account has been closed. which i am very glad of. not sure yet who used it, due to certain laws i do not believe that rctech could tell me who. they may be able to do somethings on their end to block their icp address from acces to this forum. one could only hope so that nothing like this happens in the future.
wish there was something i could say about this, but not much a person can do when someone takes the time to use another persons screen name to be a jerk. sorry all.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr

Thanks again.
Which radio do you plan on using?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SUNA
Which radio do you plan on using?
Sticking with my Spektrum DX3.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

I edited the posts with the language involved, and I'm glad Shane was able to take care of the account mix-ups.

Sorry it got so out of hand. If you'd like, and if slakr doesn't mind, I can move this whole thread to the garbage forum and start over.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aaron i vote the round thread, as it was my original screen name that was used in a rude manner by someone with too much time on thier hands to post in such a way. further more someone who either already had my password from two acts of what i thought was kindness to help me with some things in my display as i post, or that it was simply hacked into.

I don't want that type of post tied in with myself. thank you.

yes a big thanks to Shane for acting on it so quick once i had found out these posts were made.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Default Delete Thread

Aaron,

No problems for me if you delete this thread.
I enjoyed the responses even with the unfortunate posts from a stolen login.

Tim Schurr (aka SLAKR)
Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Here is some advice. Unless you plan on going through steering servos faster then alum. clutch bells then I would go with non digital servos. non digital servos are not quite as precise. What this means. When your throtle down your car and it vibrates that servo is having minimal pulls on it as well. So basicly your digital servo is under load for every second that your engine is running. If you go with a non digital servo. It is only under load when you tell it to move. A good set of coreless non digital servos will actualy last you two years.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by party_wagon
Here is some advice. Unless you plan on going through steering servos faster then alum. clutch bells then I would go with non digital servos. non digital servos are not quite as precise. What this means. When your throtle down your car and it vibrates that servo is having minimal pulls on it as well. So basicly your digital servo is under load for every second that your engine is running. If you go with a non digital servo. It is only under load when you tell it to move. A good set of coreless non digital servos will actualy last you two years.
Any models you would suggest then?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by party_wagon
I appreciate the input and I think that everyone will have a variety of their own experiences to bring to the table.
I have been running my MBX5 with a JR Z8800T Digital Servo on the steering for almost two years now without a failure. Same reliability for the JR Z590 (non digital) on the throttle/brake.
Not arguing the point; just passing along my experience with those two specific JR Servos.
I also run a Traxxas Jato on a dirt oval track with a JR Z8800S (also a digital servo) for steering and the JR Z590 on the throttle/brake with the same amount of longevity, reliability and performance.
I guess that is why I stick with the JR Servos.