Wiki Posts
Search

MTroniks RZ-R and VFS-2000

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

MTroniks RZ-R and VFS-2000

Hi all

As some might know that my VFS-2000 has gone up in flames, I now looking at the M.Sonik RZ-R. I wonder if any expert can advise me on the perfomance of this ESC. Also comparing with the VFS-2000, which is better. I don't mind buying another VFS-2000. I just want to know which is the better choice interms of performance. Suggestion on other brands are also welcome....

Brdgs
Old 03-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Quantum Competition is good. I like the VFS and the Quantum equally. The Quantum is smaller though, which I like very much. I heard the GM V12s are awesome. I would expect the GM SX9 to be a really good ESC as well.

-Leon
Old 03-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Leon
Quantum Competition is good. I like the VFS and the Quantum equally. The Quantum is smaller though, which I like very much. I heard the GM V12s are awesome. I would expect the GM SX9 to be a really good ESC as well.

-Leon
oops...sounds like you not for the RZ-R......my god....1 down...
Old 03-12-2003, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Dont know the more expensive MTronics, but the cheap ones are real bad. Strange faults from time to time.

My personal favorites: CS Rocket MAX, with active frequency control. And Robitronic Spirit.

Spirit

From the CS site:

AFC is the active frequency control that leads to hammer hard acceleration on one hand and super smooth acting on the other. The frequency of the power FET transistors is depending on the speed of pushing the throttle stick. Fast throttle movement--> low frequency Slow throttle movement--> high frequency In the end you have more control over the car from the sticks. AFC can also be disabled.
Max
Old 03-12-2003, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

The RZ is a pretty large speed controller (strange flat shape as well) - I'm also not a fan of M-troniks quality.

I've got a V12 as well - and I saw the SX9 the other day - makes the quantum look big!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by sosidge
The RZ is a pretty large speed controller (strange flat shape as well) - I'm also not a fan of M-troniks quality.

I've got a V12 as well - and I saw the SX9 the other day - makes the quantum look big!
ooppss...all down....