Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Carb Getting Blown Out Of Engine - OS TZ >

Carb Getting Blown Out Of Engine - OS TZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carb Getting Blown Out Of Engine - OS TZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Carb Getting Blown Out Of Engine - OS TZ

Hi Guys,

Here's one I expereinced at racing today.

I ran my car for a tank this morning to check its setup, and it went weird tuning wise then stopped, when I inspected the car the Carb had come entirely out of the Engine!!!!

I thought this was odd as I had gone over the car the night before. So I put the carb back in, tightened up the pinch bolt, started it up and bench idled it, all seemed fine, temp good, tune good, carb tight and not moving. I put it on the track, got down the end of the straight (ie full RPM) and the carb come out again!!! I took the engine out, checked it, checked the carb, locktited the pinch bolt, put it all back in, 1st lap, end of straight, same damn thing!!

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Anything I should look for that might have broken? It sounds to me like the crankcase might have a hairline crack which is expanding under heat and the engine under full load is pushing the carb out!

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
Old 01-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmm...one thing I usually do is to check that the my throttle EPA settings if just enough to open the carb fully and not pull on the carb. Another thing is that you tighten then carb screw until it stops without force. After than, you turn the screw about 47 to 90 degrees from that position. Also, you can check if the carb insulater of the engine is cracked. If it is, you have to replace it.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by doki_doki
Hmm...one thing I usually do is to check that the my throttle EPA settings if just enough to open the carb fully and not pull on the carb. Another thing is that you tighten then carb screw until it stops without force. After than, you turn the screw about 47 to 90 degrees from that position. Also, you can check if the carb insulater of the engine is cracked. If it is, you have to replace it.
Hi There,

Thanks for the response, yeah the epa is set to just open o 100% and not put and strain on the carb, I also checked for cracks on the insulator but couldn't find any as I know this can happen with these engines, other than that, I haven't had another look but it sounds remarkable...

Steve