Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who will be first?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If they slam these cars any lower a 50 will be the biggest spur you'll be able to use.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muahdib4
Yep..for 6 years...how long has Tamiya been doing it? Oh yeah..they practically invented R/C and DID invent onroad racing. Not that I'm knocking Xray but if you're going to give credit...
Probably it is my poor english but you missed the point completely. Did I say anything about who invented RC and that crap? Did I talk about tamiya? Did I give credit to Xray for inventing on-road racing?

All I'm saying xray started like a small business with a plan. They made money first by making amazing products and selling those to people in Europe who loved them. Then using the money they earned they hired these US carpet guys I guess because they know you must win some major races to sell a TC in the US. This plan is not rocket science anybody could copy it. Nobody does... because it's a ton of work maybe... because RTR and off road is a much bigger market... because some has brilliant designs but they suck when it comes to manufacturing or holding deadlines. Maybe xray is not outstanding in design (however I've never seen a diff like xray has or a multidiff in any other TC) but what matters to the customer is the complete package. I mean who cares if panasonic invented the plasma technology or not (I really don't know because it is irrelevant) most people buy those because for some reason they believe those are the best on the market.

Just for the facts: xray never did release a new car after 6 months. 9 months was the shortest period (T2 --> T2'007) and it was mainly to meet the start of the US carpet season. It can be considered as a try to satisfy the US customers because when they released the T2 everybody was bithcin here that the car came out too late for the season. I would be surprised if we saw a new car anytime before Sept-07.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cvt01
Probably it is my poor english but you missed the point completely. Did I say anything about who invented RC and that crap? Did I talk about tamiya? Did I give credit to Xray for inventing on-road racing?

All I'm saying xray started like a small business with a plan. They made money first by making amazing products and selling those to people in Europe who loved them. Then using the money they earned they hired these US carpet guys I guess because they know you must win some major races to sell a TC in the US. This plan is not rocket science anybody could copy it. Nobody does... because it's a ton of work maybe... because RTR and off road is a much bigger market... because some has brilliant designs but they suck when it comes to manufacturing or holding deadlines. Maybe xray is not outstanding in design (however I've never seen a diff like xray has or a multidiff in any other TC) but what matters to the customer is the complete package. I mean who cares if panasonic invented the plasma technology or not (I really don't know because it is irrelevant) most people buy those because for some reason they believe those are the best on the market.

Just for the facts: xray never did release a new car after 6 months. 9 months was the shortest period (T2 --> T2'007) and it was mainly to meet the start of the US carpet season. It can be considered as a try to satisfy the US customers because when they released the T2 everybody was bithcin here that the car came out too late for the season. I would be surprised if we saw a new car anytime before Sept-07.

Wow, you get offended easily and I'll lend you a couple valium if you need them. I wasn't bashing Xray...just making sure people know that they are still a new, young company and win because they pay to win...just like the Yankees which has been repeatedly discussed already. Comparing them to TVs doesn't work BTW. You can't hire professional watchers to make your TV look better.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Xray does not pay for the drivers in the US that is all handled by RCAmerica.

Ralph Burch
Old 01-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

As long as somebody "pays" we still have a problem.....
Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

....because when they released the T2 everybody was bithcin here that the car came out too late for the season.....
I think they were bitchin about more than a late arrival.....
Old 01-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

http://www.gregrojna.com/TC5.html

And Associated TC5 production pics sneak into the mix. Things sure did change fast.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

xray did stomp on the rc market which was a good thing. ever since xray has repeatedly come out with not new but improved cars in short time frames. by doing this they have forced all other tc companies to rethink their strategy whether it be marketing or engineering. to some xray may not be the best because of bad experiences but has helped others gain lap times or even win races. the car doesn't make the driver (but it sure does help )but the driver makes the car. so thank xray for forcing these companies to make cars easier to tune to each drivers needs. regardless of who copied who. making the car easier to work on with more tuning options makes it less stressfull and gives us more practice time.

LET THE TC WARS BEGIN:
1- XRAY
2- LOSI
3- CORALLY
4- SCHUMACHER
5- ASSOCIATED
6- AND THOSE JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON
Old 01-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

This post below by FreqETag did not recieve the attention it deserves. He approaches this not from a fanboys perspective (this thread is full of them and it's embarassing) but from strictly a marketing POV and he nails it. Not only that but also gives you all a hint at where the problem really lies: it's ourselves and our never ending desire for that next super cool product that will give us the edge over the competition.

I am not claiming to be above the fray. I'm looking at asphalt season opening in about a month and I would love to try the new Losi or the new AE or even the new Schuie but when I go to the shelf and see my options... all I see are missed opportunities and empty promises... next to a shiny new Xray 007.

At the 2006 IIC in Vegas, they gathered information from every driver on make of car, batteries, motors, tires, body etc and I went back later to check the results and there were more Xray cars entered then all others combined by a very large factor. While they do maintain a large competition team, the majority of the independent non sponsored drivers had looked at all the options and made the obvious decision shared by so many: they purchased an Xray. Everyone else is fighting for 2nd place.

Originally Posted by FreqETag

Here's the problem (and this is coming from someone who is a Marketing Manager for a large company) :

Too little market vs. too many people fighting for the same dollar.

If we're gonna air laundry, lets air it out for real.

If Xray sells about 1500 touring kits a year, how many people are left over? Those are the crumbs everyone else is fighting over.

The problem is there are only about 10k diehard touring guys out there (and it dwindles every year) out of those, maybe half buy a new ride, so you have a 5k market divided among 5+ manufacturers.

The real problem: Not enough customers to go around.

Xray essentially created the NY Yankees so they could win races and sell cars. That and their marketing team kicks all the others @sses as far as quality of materials, promotion, look and feel, printed goods. Everything that comes out the door over there is nicer than ANY other company. (note: Maybe you Losi/Associated guys should switch graphic designers? They are not earning their pay fellas)

Still, its a tiny market with too many people fighting for the money. So, they ALL try to release new stuff every week so they can garner some attention.

The LAST thing the Losi team should have EVER done is let what happened before, happen again. Someone should be fired over this.

Associated answers to another company now so they are hindered by new S&P and shipping container delays.

Wake up, these guys are fleecing us of our hard earned cash. If they say we need it, we buy it!

We only have ourselves to blame....

Wait on......
Old 01-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
http://www.gregrojna.com/TC5.html

And Associated TC5 production pics sneak into the mix. Things sure did change fast.
Good job lurkin' the web but 2 thing could be a problem.

1.camber link attached to rear looks weak and no aluminum diff halves
Old 01-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

So I have sat here and read this whole thread...wow!

First off...I see all this bashing that is going on about XRAY and how there are cars coming out all the time....well remember this company called YOKOMO...oh yeah remeber when they had cars coming out all the time...there will always be people that dont like that but there will always be people that do...its called supply and demand....people demand updated stuff and the company supplies it!

As far as the team goes....well there are companies out there that are paying more money then XRAY/RC America do....but you know what, the people that race for XRAY/RC America are content....Why you ask....Well because when you are be supplied with the best product and the best support you dont complain!

I myself took a very big pay decrease from where I was a year ago...so yes I could have made more money but I alinged myself with the best companies(in my opinion)that I could have....and you know what...it has paid off for me...not by just winning races but also by being very happy again...I love my job...And yes it is a Job to me...it may not be for others but just stop bashing on all the companies...

Remember....if we all cant get along then what will we have?...........NOTHING!

Now back to the Thread as it was intended......

Barry...AKA....J.Giambi of the XRAY YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

quit bashing the public barry!!! looks like things are going good for you bro.see you at the birds dude
Old 01-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

When did yokomo have cars coming out all the time? if it was prior to 1999 then fair enough, i wasnt big on RC then.

I was going to say, its been quite a while since Yokomo brought out a car. They will probably release a new car before ANY of the other companys, lol.

I cant wait for a new yokomo...
Old 01-31-2007, 04:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pheyhoe
When did yokomo have cars coming out all the time? if it was prior to 1999 then fair enough, i wasnt big on RC then.

I was going to say, its been quite a while since Yokomo brought out a car. They will probably release a new car before ANY of the other companys, lol.

I cant wait for a new yokomo...
IIRC, the YR4 had three different variants, and the MR4-TC had 2-3 variants as well (I can remember Barry running the last version b/f the SD came out)....The length of time was from 1996-2003 (I think).

Then again, the 415 has had about 3 variants (MS-LE, MSX, MSX MRE, MSXX), and their EVO is now on v.5; so I suppose Xray releasing multiple vairants on a platorm is equivalent to what other companies have done.

Yokomo YR4 variants discussed here: http://www.rcracing.com/Page.cfm?InfoID=846

and here: http://www.yokomousa.com/racing/results/index.htm

Last edited by RCBuddha; 01-31-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
So I have sat here and read this whole thread...wow!

First off...I see all this bashing that is going on about XRAY and how there are cars coming out all the time....well remember this company called YOKOMO...oh yeah remeber when they had cars coming out all the time...there will always be people that dont like that but there will always be people that do...its called supply and demand....people demand updated stuff and the company supplies it!

As far as the team goes....well there are companies out there that are paying more money then XRAY/RC America do....but you know what, the people that race for XRAY/RC America are content....Why you ask....Well because when you are be supplied with the best product and the best support you dont complain!

I myself took a very big pay decrease from where I was a year ago...so yes I could have made more money but I alinged myself with the best companies(in my opinion)that I could have....and you know what...it has paid off for me...not by just winning races but also by being very happy again...I love my job...And yes it is a Job to me...it may not be for others but just stop bashing on all the companies...

Remember....if we all cant get along then what will we have?...........NOTHING!

Now back to the Thread as it was intended......

Barry...AKA....J.Giambi of the XRAY YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since you're Giambi...are you going to fake an illness so you can get all the steroids out of your system before people find out...too. If my posts came across wrong...I apologize. I'm not knocking Xray..they do what they do and are successful at it. I just believe because of the mystique that they've created that people think they NEED an Xray James Bond thingy to compete and that is ENTIRELY false. You have to learn to drive clean and you can win with nearly anything...in my opinion...the TA05 is the single greatest chassis built. It's cheap and WINS at the club level and if Tamiya comes out with a TA05R then I'll get that just for grins. The rest of us get tired of hearing how great someones XRay is only to see them lose to beatup TC3s. Xray owners tend to be a smug lot. Not everyone mind you..just a LOT of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.