Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xxx nt help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well keep your head up about it! This stuff is part of your learning experience GRASShoppa!!!! Did you buy the truck used with a new engine....? Or new? Cause it should have factory settings we must find them!!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

HERE taz this might help you once you get it operable::: Its a copy from tuning 101:::

The following will asume that you have your top-end tuned to a decent temp. range for your normal style of driving. If you AREN'T running lean (stuttering, you hear it, you know what it is) you can very safely tune the top-end to 250-260 with no reduced life (AGAIN this is if it isn't going LEAN). This temp. is a range for many, but not all smallblocks. Some like to be run even hotter (TRX 2.5 makes it's best power at 275F +) Once you get the top-end set here is how to really make it take off fast. If you are heavy-fingered this may be better for the pavement. Before you begin tuning the LSn, get the engine up to operating temperature first.

1. Since off the line "snap" can be given or taken away by being lean OR rich on the LSN the first move is a guess (well it won't be after you get a feel for it, but this will get you going quickly)...

2. Pull the truck up in front of you and let it idle for 8 seconds. Then pull the trigger to WOT... Did it scream and take off? If no:

3. You have to go one way or the other... choose richer or leaner (suprisingly to many beginners, off the line stutters can be caused by too lean conditions just as easily as too rich) and turn the LSN in that direction 1/16th of a turn. Make a short pass at medium to high throttle and return the truck to in front of you.

4. Let it idle 8 seconds and floor the throttle. Did it take off better or worse? If better, turn it a 1/16 in the same direction, if it got worse, turn it 1/8th the OPPOSITE way. Either direction you started in, now you will be going one way based on whether it got better or not... either richer or leaner.

5. Make another short pass at medium to full throttle (AFTER you made the change to the LSN) and return the truck to you. Let it idle 8 seconds and floor it. Is it still getting better? If so, continue to lean or richen using the pass/idle 8 seconds method until you lose preformance and back up a step...

If your temps are in range this is how to quickly get your truck to "explode" off of the line... Always make the pass to clear out the engine and then let it idle 8 seconds. The idling will allow it to either lean out or load up, depending on which way the current settings are off... Get the hang of this and your truck can really take off. If you end up leaning the LSN out excessively make sure to keep an eye on temps, your top end needle may need a bit of enrichment.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

lol the engine is running good lol hobby shop took all of 10 mins lol thx god i know the pepole in thire we ran about 3 tanks into it when i got tired of w8ting sigh busted someting im gunna have to take it down back to the hobby shop monday since they dint have any space to store it thire lol i poped a wheely thoe nice moter good handiling vary easy car to tune is u know what ur doning i have as of now taken and put the engine back toger about 3 times with no manule but that was at the hobby store so i had some help we almost got to he problum but we had to leave so monday my baby roors to life for the 2ed time
Old 01-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

what busted on it ?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

no idea atm the guy from the shop told me he was 99% sure what it was but dint give me a price he said it was a pin he thinks lol
Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

In the front suspension? REAR? or motor?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

engine lol i rasied the suspension on the truck to give it the highest ride hight possibel with stock springs lol it looks like if it hit 1 bump its flying m8t have to adjust agin or buy new springs and shoks maby mod some in we will see what m buddy in the lhs tells me alrady have my eyes on a os engine and all the grafite hop ups lol i just got the truck
Old 01-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

dude. Go back to "sk00l" as you like to call it and learn how to spell. It might help us out a bit more if we can understand what you are trying to say. I tried to read what you said and couldnt understand you.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

C mon man give the kid a break... he has a piont though How can you own a nitro and not know how to spell dude.... Not trying to be mean little buddy .... just take your time on the keyboard.. remember asdf jkl;' thoughs are the keystroke home keys
Old 01-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

The losi xxx nt is a precision piece of machinery.. It was built to be low and agile,,, raising it or "throwing a lift kit on it ",,is not its purpose.. Thats like chopping the wings off a jet and racing it in nascar..
Old 01-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

i know plenty of people that have the XXX as high as it will go. they race and bash it like that and it does fine.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Just my preference This desision making is messing with my head...
Old 01-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

lol english is not my first lan. and when ur typing fast its not vary easy any who umm hobby shop called me after checking it out i have to send it to losi since the part that broke losi will not ship out so i gess im gunna have to send ittommaro
Old 01-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

how much will it cost. it might be cheaper just to get a new motor and keep that one for parts. im not sure how much the motor will cost though.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tuner_taz
lol english is not my first lan. and when ur typing fast its not vary easy any who umm hobby shop called me after checking it out i have to send it to losi since the part that broke losi will not ship out so i gess im gunna have to send ittommaro
sorry man didnt realize you spoke 2 languages... My bad. I hope when I get my xxxnt my engine dosnt crap on me like yours did. guess I got a 50/50 chance it will though I wonder if I should go with something differant now like the gt2 but still I heard they have there own share of problems too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.