Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new in on-road

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new in on-road

Hey!!! Im new to on-road rc what do u think would be a good reliable rc car that can take the track and the street well if u have any suggestions please comment thanks!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmania
Hey!!! Im new to on-road rc what do u think would be a good reliable rc car that can take the track and the street well if u have any suggestions please comment thanks!!!!
XRAY T2r.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Xray T2r or Tamiya Ta05, both very competitive cars, I would suggest the Xray if you are keen on just starting out with a fairly hopped up car to begin with or the Tamiya route if you would rather add performance parts as you go along to see what they do and how it makes the car handle.

Personally if its your firsst RC car I would go the Tamiya route, to me it is more 'fun' as I got to see how the upgrades changed the car
Old 01-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If your new then you may want to try a ready to run. The losi or the associated are good. I would lean toward's the losi.
Unless you just want to start from scratch,? Then I would go with the XrayT2-007. Take your time there's plenty to choose from.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any car will work fine when starting off.(well just about). your best bet would be to go down to your local track and talk to some of the guy's and see what everyone is running. I would suck if you were the only one running a tamiya, and break and no one can lend(alway replace what you borrow) a part. Also check your Local hobby store. See what they carry. would also suck if you would have to wait a week to get a part.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

HB cyclone S
Old 01-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was reading xrc new issue last night and they did a shootout between the xray t2r and the hot bodies cyclone s. On the rating scale they used the hb won but if you take out the "value" and "feel" the xray won by a landslide. I as well as everybody else at my track are running xray FK05's makes for great racing but I suggets you check what you lhs has parts for and what everyone is racing and go from there. good luck and have fun. BTW take a look at the f/s or f/t board you may find a sweet deal.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

TAMIYA TRF 415 MSX FOR SURE
Old 01-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

The T2R for sure for beginning and budget racing for sure. The Hot Bodies Cyclone S is just a joke IMO.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

rcmania ........ if your lookng for budget the Tamiya TA05, Xray T2R and Hotbodies Cyclone S make good entyr level cars but all have open diferential drivetrain designs which would make these not so good choices for unpreped, street in font of the house playing. Two good options to look into if you are interested in an RTR are the Losi XXX's and Associated TC4. Losi has a sealed belt drivetrain which makes this a good choice for street and track and you can get the RTR with a brushless Novak system. The Associated TC4 RTR is also a good choice, sealed diffs and shaft drive. These two cars may be older designs and may not have all the bling bling that the high end TC's have but they are good choices for starting out with. Just my .02$
Old 01-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Ron,

What's new?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

What kind of track?

I know its not what you asked, but, consider getting a car just for the track, and a truck or buggy for playing with on the street or field.