Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the streak

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default the streak

Has anyone had experiance with this esc (duratrak streak)? my other esc has broke and i want a cheap on to use for a bit. it is capleable of 4 to 10 cells and can handle up to a 12t motor. i plan on runing it in my 12l3 and if i could fit the super rooster in with 6 cells i think the streak will easily fit in with a 4 cell. do you think this will be a good choice for my car? is there anyting else i should know abouit this esc and if it will not explode on me. will i ever need to use a motor less then a 12t in a 12 scale? and can i use a lower turn motor if i'm useing 4cell because there less stain on it.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

the streak is half and inch shorter but the ohm for the streak is 0.004 and for the sr it's 0.002. is .002 a big differance? also the sr has 20 more amperes then the streak the super rooster cost $120 and the streak cost $40 so it seem good.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

anyone have input
Old 03-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone know. please help or recommend a esc.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

ESC don't blow up on you, they blow up from you. It matters how much you want to spend on a ESC and if you plan on racing or bashing. If you plan on racing you might want to spend more money on your ESC. And also if you plan to go to run modifed motors.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lilshortyc3
ESC don't blow up on you, they blow up from you. It matters how much you want to spend on a ESC and if you plan on racing or bashing. If you plan on racing you might want to spend more money on your ESC. And also if you plan to go to run modifed motors.
Hmmmm, I've had a couple blow up on me over the years- running stock, no schottky diode needed or used, cap installed properly. . .batteries hooked up properly. . . Didn't overload things (pretty much couldn't, running stock). . .running an LRP Quantum Comp. . . interesting.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .................................................. .................................................. ...........
Old 03-14-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

actually the IR is VERY important... the higher the resistance the less voltage there is getting to your motor... so lets say you have a high IR ESC with an $80 world matched pack, then it'd be like you running on say a high voltage 5 cell pack cuz most of that voltage is getting eaten up by the ESC.
versus a low IR ESC with cheapo $40 stick pack, but that ESC is letting ALL the juice get to the motor..

.002 resistance difference is A LOT!

my personal example.... I run a quantum sport(very basic esc) with matched packs... after a race, I discharge that pack and find that 1/2 to 1/4 of juice is still left in it! and thats cuz i overgear like crazy sometimes.

recently, i bought a M3 cubic(high end esc) and ran that with the same pack, motor, and gearing. now, I dumped right after crossing the finish line.... all the battery's power is getting sent to the motor! WOW, but what a difference in punch!

now i got a quantum competition(high end esc too) and I cant wait to use it!

I suggest you save up and get the absolute best esc you can...you wont regret it.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default About IR

Ohms law: U=RxI, that is, Volt=Resistance x amps. Let's say your motor draws 70 amps in the peak (heavy acceleration from zero). Then 70 * 0,002 = 0,14 volt. So you'll get 0,14 volt less to the motor in this situation. Running down the straight, it'll be less.

As far as I know, the biggest amp-draw a modified motor can do, is 120 amps.

The ESC with best value for money is Hitec HFX, I believe. I think it's around 80$, so it might take some saving up. On the other hand, it handle most motors AND it got a good BEC, resulting in 25% faster steering servo.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default One more comment....

An ESC can be taken to the next car... and the next car... So if you can save up a little more, you'll be more satisfied in the long run.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

i would only use it in a 12l3 and traxxas rustler for fun and the occasional race
Old 03-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

i'm considering the quantum sport or the ipc sport. they are both cheap so which one would u suggest for 1/12th scale racing?
Old 03-17-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

They are both limited of 5 volt BEC, meaning 25% slower steering servo. Unless you got a 7,2 volt FET servo.

Except for that, they are both good.

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 03-17-2003 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:56 AM
sup
Tech Addict

since you guys are talking about ESCs. just want to ask the difference between the novak c2 and the tc2? im on the budget and the c2 seems cheaper, if the difference is not noticeable, i would go for the cheaper c2. what do you guys think?
Old 03-17-2003, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

I haven't tried a Novak speedo - but they seem to be very equal, the main difference are the profiles. Read more here: TC2

They both seem to be very good.

Personally, I dont like a speedo, where you need a pit wizard to get the full advantage. The wizard are also built in the Novak Millenium Pro charger.