Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Micro-Receiver won't bind

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
That's the bind plug you see pictured above.
OIC
Old 01-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Shipped the receiver to Horizon this morning. Cost me $4.05 (priority small box) + $0.50 delivery confirmation. It will be interesting to see if it gets back here in time for me to race with it on the 21st. Maybe I'll get lucky.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Shipped the receiver to Horizon this morning. Cost me $4.05 (priority small box) + $0.50 delivery confirmation. It will be interesting to see if it gets back here in time for me to race with it on the 21st. Maybe I'll get lucky.
Ship it first class with confirmation and it would be like $1.00 , also I bet they probably will get it back to you in time.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Honolulu to Chicago? Hmmm.. I think I'll be lucky if it gets there by Friday - and then it has to wait in the queue to be looked at - plus, Monday is a Federal holiday. We'll see.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Honolulu to Chicago? Hmmm.. I think I'll be lucky if it gets there by Friday - and then it has to wait in the queue to be looked at - plus, Monday is a Federal holiday. We'll see.
I am sure you will have your recevier back next week, just don't expect to be the EXACT same one that you had (in a good way)..... If they are smart enough, they will NEVER fix your receiver (not now), it is a lot cheaper and better to give you a new one then fixing yours. But they would love to exam yours as a R&D issue for the advantage of developing their next generation micro receiver.

I know Futaba does that........send in a stripped 9550 servo and got a new one within 2 days. Talk about excellant customer support.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

The package didn't arrive at Horizon's doorstep until Saturday. Since they are not open on Saturday and Monday was a holiday, they didn't actually receive it and check it in until Tuesday. Spoke to Horizon today and it's in the queue to be looked at. Current turnaround time is 7-10 days, but the person I spoke to said it might be looked at sooner. When asked if he thought it would be looked at this week, the response was "probably not."

So...

Won't be using Spektrum this weekend.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Called Horizon today and was informed that the receiver was found to be non-responsive. It was replaced free of charge and shipped priority mail on the 23rd, so I should be getting it soon.

As you guys said, Horizon stands behind it's products. No fuss, no Hassle - and they turned it around in the time they said they would. I'm satisfied.